NZCU

NZCU has a consumer rating of 4.67 stars from 398 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with NZCU most frequently mention customer service, personal loan and interest rate.NZCU ranks 4th among Loans sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 95.6%
1,104

• I had the pleasure of working with Sue and I was more than ecstatic with the customer service I received.
  • NZ owned/operated bank and got me a better interest rate on a car loan than any others on offer.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate NZCU?

“Very convenient, efficient, and organised way to secure...”

YAFA B.
3/4/20

Very convenient, efficient, and organised way to secure my personal loan in only two business days. I have contacted the customer support team and they reassessed my application with approval in the same afternoon. I highly recommend NZCU for all financial applications.

“As an existing customer”

Joe Z.
3/4/20

As an existing customer. The process took an extremely long time. Struggled to speak to anyone regarding issues That come about. And perhaps private emails should have the correct customer details, like correct name. Very disappointed cheers

customer service (41) interest rate (18)
gottfriedb2
January 28th, 2022

I thought that there is nothing better than buying a home in cash, however when i finally understood that I would save money for many years before I buy a home in cash, so I decided to atke out a loan. I applied to this company as it seemed to me pretty reliable. I asked couple of questions and the managers here explained me quite politely all the peculiarities concerning taking out mortgages. So, the cooperation with this company remained only positive emotions and I'm glad that I found out how to operate with mortgage. Big thanks to the staff fo this company, they're responsible for real.

theresae16
Theresa E.
December 6th, 2019
Verified purchase

I've been with NZCU South for a number of years. When I needed assistance e.g personal loan the service and staff were fantastic. They made me feel at ease explained everything thoroughly and helped me in achieving my goals. Everything was done on line and I highly recommended anyone wanting to either to take out a loan consolidate their money they will do everything in a professional manner. You have nothing to lose. Thanks NZCU South

kevinc727
Kevin C.
December 6th, 2019
Verified purchase

I am happy with the service but when requesting the loan, because we are loyal customers as we want to increase more money to add it to our loan and use it for our emergency

racheld100
Rachel D.
February 10th, 2019
Verified purchase

Thanks NZCU, we were a bit nervous at the prospect of changing from our bank where we had been for 15 years to NZCU south. Our first visit the wonderful manager Jo Hellyer, stayed late so that we could get there after our work commitments. She was helpful and efficient and really went the extra mile. We're really happy with the customer focus and the personal/professional communication. It's nice to be treated this way. Thank you.

ladysmumn
Ladysmum N.
November 8th, 2019
Verified purchase

As always our experience with NZCU has been efficient, extremely helpful, professionally carried out and the advisers were very friendly in their manner with us. We really enjoy our financial association with this non-bank business and recommend their services to others frequently. NZCU also have an amazing customer support phone line which I use regularly for various everyday banking questions and so on, lovely courteous manner by all the very informed staff who answer these calls. Thank you for the great experience once again.

cherylt66
Cheryl T.
November 12th, 2017
Verified purchase

Thank you for this opportunity given to tell you about my experience with your service. Foremost I didn't expect this. It was brilliant, fantastic and also a fast easy way of communicating. I don't have to say much as everything is perfect, the staffs of the other line were friendly and they make people feel comfortable of the situation that they were on, and that shows how professional they were.

Well done, keep the good service going as it is. God Blessed all the staffs.

Kia kaha..

sandrab628
Sandra B.
February 10th, 2019
Verified purchase

Thank you muchly for your assistance. It sure helped save me from a big problem.

I was a bit panicked at first but after calling and getting a very very helpful person on the other end of the phone, it helped a huge amount.

Thank you again for your support.

zoed11
Zoe D.
June 12th, 2017
Verified purchase

Michael made it a very simple easy experience and offered some added benifits that we couldnt pass up ,I love the idea of being able to help strangers upon the passing of a loved one and that someone would do the same for me and my family so far we have been extremely impressed with the services given to us and will definitely be to using NZCU for any future loans.

leee55
Lee E.
January 29th, 2019
Verified purchase

I am very happy with the high quality service to get my loan that i received. I will be back. Thank you for making the process easy and comfortable.

kellyg148
Kelly G.
July 31st, 2016
Verified purchase

I love NZCU South. The staff are always friendly and helpful and they have services to suit every situation.

scottc237
Scott C.
May 1st, 2018
Verified purchase

I found Jill form the Dunedin branch very helpful and felt at easy when applying for the loan.I received great service from applying to been provided by the staffs involved. Thank you..

jessl99
Jess L.
November 7th, 2019
Verified purchase

I was reasonably happy with the fee after I had to negotiate it, but felt the advertising misleading.
Was very happy with Jeana and her service but once I had queries after the loan draw down I was passed on to someone else and my final inquiry was never responded to. This is reflected in my over all score on my feedback.

georgek194
George K.
August 12th, 2016
Verified purchase

I've been a loyal customer to NZCU South for about 5 years. I started off with a money coach who was amazing and helped me achieve financial goals and gain skills to be financially responsible. I found her to be amazingly caring, she always had adequate time for me and came up with brilliant solutions to any unexpected problems that would arise as well as giving me great advice to help me grow and be financially stronger. I would recommend the money coaching service to anyone who has struggled with overbearing financial responsibilities or who needs guidance to help achieve their goals. However for general day to day banking it can be quite restrictive with payments taking longer to clear than with traditional banks and a slightly inferior online banking system.

aminm16
Amin M.
April 7th, 2019
Verified purchase

Everything was great. My only issue was I got referred to NZCU by credit simple and it stated that interest rate was 9.9%. The rate that I got was 16.99%. Its alright, not a big deal.

yafab
YAFA B.
March 4th, 2020

rakin1
Raki n.
July 23rd, 2017
Verified purchase

Absolutely pleased with the prompt reply and the service provided. Will definitely recommend for anyone needing help financially.

tamarao18
Tamara O.
March 5th, 2020
Verified purchase

Really happy with the speed and overall customer experience. Would like a lower interest rate on loan offered, that'd be great.

richards415
Richard S.
May 20th, 2018
Verified purchase

Communication from sales needs some improvement.
After loan was approved i ended up contacting after 5 days to get an update on process.
Other than that it was a positive outcome.

dalep77
Dale P.
August 11th, 2016
Verified purchase

Within 20 minutes of calling I was completing a loan form. How good is that!. Right through the whole process everything was explained very well and I felt Special. Awesome job

matat1
Mata T.
August 12th, 2016
Verified purchase

I have had alot of unforeseen circumstance in the pasts that required me to travel out of Invercargill and the lovely team of Ladies on the front line have always been only too willing to help make it happen.
Even applying for a loan from Auckland was easy, the ladies were only a phone call away. thank you NZCU South

jaysonh23
Shirley G.
February 5th, 2020
Verified purchase

I wil be in contact with a few questions, the nice lady that helped me throu my loan was terrific, she helped me understand my loan page by page, 10/10 for her help

amym668
Amy M.
April 22nd, 2019
Verified purchase

it took nearly 2 weeks for a Personal loan to be set up and organised. the consultant I dealt with was hard to contact and understand our frustration of what were explaining to her.
it would have been the worst service I have had in a very long time. the faster we get this paid off the better. we will never use this online service again( application done over phone) the documents sent via electronically was so stressful and a very useless programme. my husband I and both took time off work 3 times to get this sorted, thankyou to the lady in the Invercargill branch was helpful and sorted this.

After all that I thought she would have waived the application fee from all the hassel and drama it caused. nothing was offered. not one solution.
The extra time we took to get this sorted and time off work was not ideal and put us out. the whole point doing it online was to avoid this situation.

jow71
Jo W.
November 10th, 2016
Verified purchase

I strongly recommend nzcusouth. If you are looking for friendly customer service go and see these guys. They are so helpful.

leep89
Lee P.
December 7th, 2019
Verified purchase

I was very happy with the service the woman on the other end was very helpful and always obliging when I couldn't work things out I do have problems with reading so it was quite good that I did have the support I am very happy with the support that I did get she did leave me to the right way and I wasn't sure she would guide me and I was very happy. I do hope that this will make sense to use as I just said I'm not a very good reader thank you very much for all your help

ald81
Al D.
April 22nd, 2019
Verified purchase

Very helpful with the whole process. Painless and pleasing.

Would certainly be keen to deal again in the future and recommend to others.

Questions? Get answers from the NZCU staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NZCU?

See reviews as you browse with our Firefox extension

4.7
Have a question about NZCU?