NextStepTestPrep reviews

Tel: 888-530-6398

meechiesj
meechies J.
2/21/19

Of all the test prep materials I feel NS is the closest, especially in regards to CARS which is hard to find. Sometimes other prep companies overdo it on the science sections to the point where it no longer resembles AAMC and is just straight up hard sciences without relating and tying it back to the other AAMC standards. NS FLs does the best job of relating their passages back.

ginaf48
Gina F.
2/19/19

NextStep practice exams are hands down the best practice materials I've found during my MCAT preparation. The test format looks exactly like the AAMC practice test platform, which really primes you to utilize all tools and acclimate to the platform. The test questions are definitely challenging, but not so much that you lose hope. And to top it all off, the breakdown of the topics and questions missed is essential for tailoring your studying to improve your score. Overall, I couldn't have picked a better company exam prep company.

brianf181
Brian F.
2/6/19

Overall, NextStep was fantastic! There were plenty of resources available at my disposal, all of which were helpful. In addition, my tutor, Rylan Smith, was excellent, providing me with all the information I needed to excel on the exam. I will definitely recommend NextStep to other friends and students I know planning to take the MCAT.

tanyai3
Tanya I.
1/27/19

Next Step provided a multitude of resources for preparation which were very useful! The one-on-one tutoring is also beneficial because it allows you to clear any doubts about concepts or ideas as well as practice with them. The tutors will help you with everything they can to help you reach your goal, which I really appreciated because besides myself there was another person who was pushing me to do my best.

sydneyg35
Sydney G.
1/24/19

Next Step was very helpful in preparing for my exam. The first five exams were awesome, but the last five were not as accurate.

vamsiv1
vamsi V.
1/24/19

I have tried a lot of different tests but Next Step was closest to AAMC with material however carried the caveat with having so much information on the explanations. I would not have been able to get a 517 without Next Step.

nickm204
Nick M.
1/4/19

Overall good experience with tutoring package. Some sessions weren't as helpful as I would've liked but was provided a tailored study plan. You get docked hours if you reschedule sessions less than 24 hours in advance which I wasn't aware of. Expensive prep program but cheaper than others and comes with all the material you need.

paigea18
Paige A.
1/2/19

Next step was exactly what I needed. I had taken the MCAT in the year prior to utilizing Next step's materials. I needed practice tests to realize what I needed to review and to refamiliarize myself with the test taking strategies most useful to myself. Thank you.

annay31
Anna Y.
12/26/18

overall good resource! I personally found the nextstep tests much more difficult than the actual MCAT or the official practice tests. I ended up scoring about 6 points higher than my practice tests. So I think it's a helpful resource as far as practice and using the interface and less of an indicator of how well one is actually prepared.

nataliew76
Natalie W.
12/12/18

I found the practice tests to be incredibly helpful and some of the most accurate outside of the AAMC's material. I actually found Next Step's material more difficult than AAMC's (while still quite accurate), which sent me panicking initially, but left me much more prepared in the end; for this reason alone I would recommend these practice tests.
The layout of the practice exams was almost identical to the MCAT's - this was an excellent piece of mental preparation for me.
The answer key, explanations, and inclusions of textbook passages to explain concepts were excellent and very helpful.

christined157
Christine D.
12/7/18

I felt like the actual mcat, particularly the chem/phys section wasn't a good predictor or similar enough. The actual exam for me was much more difficult on chem/phys, easier for me for psych/soc and Equal for cars and bio.

hk25
H K.
12/1/18

My experience was a very good one. The tests I received helped me prepare for the test, and are a part of why I got the grade I did.

kevinm372
Kevin M.
11/25/18

Unbeatable Chemistry practice. You will score at least 128 chem off these exams. Psych section needs work.

teriyakil
Teriyaki L.
11/14/18

Format very similar to actual tests. Questions can be more in depth than actual test, especially for Physics. Overall great for preparing for MCAT

caileeh
Cailee H.
10/25/18

Kelsey was an amazing tutor. She was extremely attentive and responsive, and always was willing to take a step back and explain things in different ways to ensure I truly understood them. I attribute my 9 point MCAT increase to Kelsey, and feel so lucky to have found her!

lorrina
Lorrin A.
10/23/18

Fantastic! The material and the lessons are very digestible and well-paced, and there are so many resources available. BUT the thing that pushed me from "casually hanging" with NextStep to committal status was 100% the staff. There are so many third party resources to choose from, ranging from the free to the very expensive, but NextStep really nailed it with their staff. They've been friendly and courteous with even my most minor issues, and the instructors are A+

timnguyenr
TimNguyen R.
10/20/18

Very relevant material on the MCAT practice questions and practice tests. Interface was easy to navigate.

karanvarshneyz
karanvarshney Z.
10/18/18

I liked it, but some of the tests were quite off in comparison to the others, and the real exam. Also, I wish CARS was more consistent. Solid product nonetheless.

joshg90
Josh G.
10/18/18

Next Step did an excellent job tailoring their services to your needs as much as they could. I loved the office hours, where you can get on and work with the people who actually wrote the course. Their study plan generator was pretty good at laying out everything that you need to get done to be ready for your test. There is a vast amount if information that needs to be reviewed/learned for the exam, and Next Step does a good job breaking it down into manageable portions and provides the tools to cover the content efficiently while learning it well.

lizm115
Liz M.
10/17/18

Next Step test prep was helpful and fairly price for incredible products. I bought Next Step's Test pack because of the budget I was on. I am so thankful that I did not have to sacrifice quality and studying material because of my budget. I cannot thank the exam creators at Next Step enough!!!!

vivianay
Viviana Y.
10/16/18

Pretty easy to navigate. Very helpful in learning the concepts. The exams are only available for 6 months so that's a bummer wish it was a year.

colinw62
Colin W.
10/7/18

Next Step Test Prep trains you on the only skills that matter on test day - test-taking skills. Taking practice exams is the only way to effectively study for the MCAT. If you are looking for a good deal on many practice exams, look no further than Next Step Test Prep.

alexo48
Alex O.
10/7/18

The tests were very easy to navigate and I feel that the questions really do follow the MCAT format. However, some questions did seem very difficult, as in they would never show up on MCAT, but you never know.

tdu
Td U.
10/6/18

There's a lot of here say in the premed/mcat community. The mcat is hard, and preparing for it is a hurdle in itself. Next steps course is $1000 less than Kaplans and princeton reviews, it's hard to think more people don't talk about it.
next step is an invaluable resource, they truly have the best strategies in regards to approaching each section of this test. They also have the best strategy in regards to scheduling your prep.

I took the online Next step MCAT course over the summer and just got my official results back.
The first time I took the mcat was 5/18/17 and I scored a 493 (123, 122, 125, 123)

I retook on 8/31/18 (after completing the course) and scored 510 (127, 128, 127, 128)

I am very happy with Next steps course and I wanted to pass along my results as a thank you.

I have to thank Brian for the lecture videos he produced. They greatly benefitted me and helped clarify information. I felt like he genuinely cared and he definitely helped to motivate me at the beginning and towards the end of my prep.

And Dr. Anthony was a great help as well.

Thanks again guys, I am very appreciative of your course.

-Taylor

alphamcatk
AlphaMCAT K.
10/4/18

Having used Princeton Review and Kaplan MCAT test prep in the past, Next Step is definitely a better and more accurate representation of the exam and overall better deal. Next Step does a great job in mirroring the AAMC exam interface and thoroughly explaining questions and concepts that you get wrong in the full length exams. Overall, I feel more confident and prepared using Next Step MCAT prep service and have already started seeing consistently higher scores than before.

Questions? Get answers from the NextStepTestPrep staff and other customers.

NextStepTestPrep?