NextStepTestPrep reviews

Tel: 888-530-6398

connork14
Connor K.
6/12/19

I have had an overall very good experience with the service, and have gleaned a lot of important content knowledge from their resources. I am quite happy with my purchase

anonymousl434
anonymous L.
5/21/19

Way more difficult than the actual MCAT. The questions do not represent the AAMC questions and 6 months access is annoyingly short. Questions might be better than Kaplan or Princeton, but still aren't that good. Will severely deflate your score.

erikaa39
Erika A.
5/10/19

The books were written very well and are straightforward to understand. I found the online questions very helpful and the study plan effective.

antoinettep14
Antoinette P.
5/10/19

Practice exams and webinars were extremely helpful. The 10 practice exams were a great price and it came with a lot of great practice problems

bridgeti1
Bridget I.
4/29/19

The people are very down to earth and willing to help. The full suite of resources is really worth the investment.

anonymousw420
anonymous W.
4/29/19

Much better set of explanations regarding your answer choices when reviewing your exams. You'll be able to fill in those knowledge gaps and more compared to the exams provided by other commercial test companies.

anonymousy377
anonymous Y.
4/4/19

I am retaking the mcat and looking for a significant increase in my score. The personal tutoring was by far the most beneficial part of the service. I am seeing the improvement I was hoping for and hope to see that on my exam as well.

meechiesj
meechies J.
2/21/19

Of all the test prep materials I feel NS is the closest, especially in regards to CARS which is hard to find. Sometimes other prep companies overdo it on the science sections to the point where it no longer resembles AAMC and is just straight up hard sciences without relating and tying it back to the other AAMC standards. NS FLs does the best job of relating their passages back.

ginaf48
Gina F.
2/19/19

NextStep practice exams are hands down the best practice materials I've found during my MCAT preparation. The test format looks exactly like the AAMC practice test platform, which really primes you to utilize all tools and acclimate to the platform. The test questions are definitely challenging, but not so much that you lose hope. And to top it all off, the breakdown of the topics and questions missed is essential for tailoring your studying to improve your score. Overall, I couldn't have picked a better company exam prep company.

brianf181
Brian F.
2/6/19

Overall, NextStep was fantastic! There were plenty of resources available at my disposal, all of which were helpful. In addition, my tutor, Rylan Smith, was excellent, providing me with all the information I needed to excel on the exam. I will definitely recommend NextStep to other friends and students I know planning to take the MCAT.

tanyai3
Tanya I.
1/27/19

Next Step provided a multitude of resources for preparation which were very useful! The one-on-one tutoring is also beneficial because it allows you to clear any doubts about concepts or ideas as well as practice with them. The tutors will help you with everything they can to help you reach your goal, which I really appreciated because besides myself there was another person who was pushing me to do my best.

sydneyg35
Sydney G.
1/24/19

Next Step was very helpful in preparing for my exam. The first five exams were awesome, but the last five were not as accurate.

vamsiv1
vamsi V.
1/24/19

I have tried a lot of different tests but Next Step was closest to AAMC with material however carried the caveat with having so much information on the explanations. I would not have been able to get a 517 without Next Step.

nickm204
Nick M.
1/4/19

Overall good experience with tutoring package. Some sessions weren't as helpful as I would've liked but was provided a tailored study plan. You get docked hours if you reschedule sessions less than 24 hours in advance which I wasn't aware of. Expensive prep program but cheaper than others and comes with all the material you need.

paigea18
Paige A.
1/2/19

Next step was exactly what I needed. I had taken the MCAT in the year prior to utilizing Next step's materials. I needed practice tests to realize what I needed to review and to refamiliarize myself with the test taking strategies most useful to myself. Thank you.

annay31
Anna Y.
12/26/18

overall good resource! I personally found the nextstep tests much more difficult than the actual MCAT or the official practice tests. I ended up scoring about 6 points higher than my practice tests. So I think it's a helpful resource as far as practice and using the interface and less of an indicator of how well one is actually prepared.

nataliew76
Natalie W.
12/12/18

I found the practice tests to be incredibly helpful and some of the most accurate outside of the AAMC's material. I actually found Next Step's material more difficult than AAMC's (while still quite accurate), which sent me panicking initially, but left me much more prepared in the end; for this reason alone I would recommend these practice tests.
The layout of the practice exams was almost identical to the MCAT's - this was an excellent piece of mental preparation for me.
The answer key, explanations, and inclusions of textbook passages to explain concepts were excellent and very helpful.

christined157
Christine D.
12/7/18

I felt like the actual mcat, particularly the chem/phys section wasn't a good predictor or similar enough. The actual exam for me was much more difficult on chem/phys, easier for me for psych/soc and Equal for cars and bio.

hk25
H K.
12/1/18

My experience was a very good one. The tests I received helped me prepare for the test, and are a part of why I got the grade I did.

kevinm372
Kevin M.
11/25/18

Unbeatable Chemistry practice. You will score at least 128 chem off these exams. Psych section needs work.

teriyakil
Teriyaki L.
11/14/18

Format very similar to actual tests. Questions can be more in depth than actual test, especially for Physics. Overall great for preparing for MCAT

caileeh
Cailee H.
10/25/18

Kelsey was an amazing tutor. She was extremely attentive and responsive, and always was willing to take a step back and explain things in different ways to ensure I truly understood them. I attribute my 9 point MCAT increase to Kelsey, and feel so lucky to have found her!

lorrina
Lorrin A.
10/23/18

Fantastic! The material and the lessons are very digestible and well-paced, and there are so many resources available. BUT the thing that pushed me from "casually hanging" with NextStep to committal status was 100% the staff. There are so many third party resources to choose from, ranging from the free to the very expensive, but NextStep really nailed it with their staff. They've been friendly and courteous with even my most minor issues, and the instructors are A+

timnguyenr
TimNguyen R.
10/20/18

Very relevant material on the MCAT practice questions and practice tests. Interface was easy to navigate.

karanvarshneyz
karanvarshney Z.
10/18/18

I liked it, but some of the tests were quite off in comparison to the others, and the real exam. Also, I wish CARS was more consistent. Solid product nonetheless.

Questions? Get answers from the NextStepTestPrep staff and other customers.

NextStepTestPrep?