NextStepTestPrep reviews

Tel: 888-530-6398

nickm204
Nick M.
1/4/19

Overall good experience with tutoring package. Some sessions weren't as helpful as I would've liked but was provided a tailored study plan. You get docked hours if you reschedule sessions less than 24 hours in advance which I wasn't aware of. Expensive prep program but cheaper than others and comes with all the material you need.

paigea18
Paige A.
1/2/19

Next step was exactly what I needed. I had taken the MCAT in the year prior to utilizing Next step's materials. I needed practice tests to realize what I needed to review and to refamiliarize myself with the test taking strategies most useful to myself. Thank you.

annay31
Anna Y.
12/26/18

overall good resource! I personally found the nextstep tests much more difficult than the actual MCAT or the official practice tests. I ended up scoring about 6 points higher than my practice tests. So I think it's a helpful resource as far as practice and using the interface and less of an indicator of how well one is actually prepared.

nataliew76
Natalie W.
12/12/18

I found the practice tests to be incredibly helpful and some of the most accurate outside of the AAMC's material. I actually found Next Step's material more difficult than AAMC's (while still quite accurate), which sent me panicking initially, but left me much more prepared in the end; for this reason alone I would recommend these practice tests.
The layout of the practice exams was almost identical to the MCAT's - this was an excellent piece of mental preparation for me.
The answer key, explanations, and inclusions of textbook passages to explain concepts were excellent and very helpful.

christined157
Christine D.
12/7/18

I felt like the actual mcat, particularly the chem/phys section wasn't a good predictor or similar enough. The actual exam for me was much more difficult on chem/phys, easier for me for psych/soc and Equal for cars and bio.

hk25
H K.
12/1/18

My experience was a very good one. The tests I received helped me prepare for the test, and are a part of why I got the grade I did.

kevinm372
Kevin M.
11/25/18

Unbeatable Chemistry practice. You will score at least 128 chem off these exams. Psych section needs work.

teriyakil
Teriyaki L.
11/14/18

Format very similar to actual tests. Questions can be more in depth than actual test, especially for Physics. Overall great for preparing for MCAT

caileeh
Cailee H.
10/25/18

Kelsey was an amazing tutor. She was extremely attentive and responsive, and always was willing to take a step back and explain things in different ways to ensure I truly understood them. I attribute my 9 point MCAT increase to Kelsey, and feel so lucky to have found her!

lorrina
Lorrin A.
10/23/18

Fantastic! The material and the lessons are very digestible and well-paced, and there are so many resources available. BUT the thing that pushed me from "casually hanging" with NextStep to committal status was 100% the staff. There are so many third party resources to choose from, ranging from the free to the very expensive, but NextStep really nailed it with their staff. They've been friendly and courteous with even my most minor issues, and the instructors are A+

timnguyenr
TimNguyen R.
10/20/18

Very relevant material on the MCAT practice questions and practice tests. Interface was easy to navigate.

karanvarshneyz
karanvarshney Z.
10/18/18

I liked it, but some of the tests were quite off in comparison to the others, and the real exam. Also, I wish CARS was more consistent. Solid product nonetheless.

joshg90
Josh G.
10/18/18

Next Step did an excellent job tailoring their services to your needs as much as they could. I loved the office hours, where you can get on and work with the people who actually wrote the course. Their study plan generator was pretty good at laying out everything that you need to get done to be ready for your test. There is a vast amount if information that needs to be reviewed/learned for the exam, and Next Step does a good job breaking it down into manageable portions and provides the tools to cover the content efficiently while learning it well.

lizm115
Liz M.
10/17/18

Next Step test prep was helpful and fairly price for incredible products. I bought Next Step's Test pack because of the budget I was on. I am so thankful that I did not have to sacrifice quality and studying material because of my budget. I cannot thank the exam creators at Next Step enough!!!!

vivianay
Viviana Y.
10/16/18

Pretty easy to navigate. Very helpful in learning the concepts. The exams are only available for 6 months so that's a bummer wish it was a year.

colinw62
Colin W.
10/7/18

Next Step Test Prep trains you on the only skills that matter on test day - test-taking skills. Taking practice exams is the only way to effectively study for the MCAT. If you are looking for a good deal on many practice exams, look no further than Next Step Test Prep.

alexo48
Alex O.
10/7/18

The tests were very easy to navigate and I feel that the questions really do follow the MCAT format. However, some questions did seem very difficult, as in they would never show up on MCAT, but you never know.

tdu
Td U.
10/6/18

There's a lot of here say in the premed/mcat community. The mcat is hard, and preparing for it is a hurdle in itself. Next steps course is $1000 less than Kaplans and princeton reviews, it's hard to think more people don't talk about it.
next step is an invaluable resource, they truly have the best strategies in regards to approaching each section of this test. They also have the best strategy in regards to scheduling your prep.

I took the online Next step MCAT course over the summer and just got my official results back.
The first time I took the mcat was 5/18/17 and I scored a 493 (123, 122, 125, 123)

I retook on 8/31/18 (after completing the course) and scored 510 (127, 128, 127, 128)

I am very happy with Next steps course and I wanted to pass along my results as a thank you.

I have to thank Brian for the lecture videos he produced. They greatly benefitted me and helped clarify information. I felt like he genuinely cared and he definitely helped to motivate me at the beginning and towards the end of my prep.

And Dr. Anthony was a great help as well.

Thanks again guys, I am very appreciative of your course.

-Taylor

alphamcatk
AlphaMCAT K.
10/4/18

Having used Princeton Review and Kaplan MCAT test prep in the past, Next Step is definitely a better and more accurate representation of the exam and overall better deal. Next Step does a great job in mirroring the AAMC exam interface and thoroughly explaining questions and concepts that you get wrong in the full length exams. Overall, I feel more confident and prepared using Next Step MCAT prep service and have already started seeing consistently higher scores than before.

samyj5
Samy J.
9/25/18

NextStep's one-on-one tutoring really helped me to personalize my study plan for the MCAT and focus on my specific goals.

annat138
Anna T.
9/10/18

I'm very satisfied with what NextStep's PCAT online course has brought me! The price is worth it, considering a very reasonable price for high-quality materials come with the course. NextStep has prepared me well with the challenging level of the contents as well as the knowledge for pharmacy. I totally would recommend taking this PCAT online course. My score has increased significantly just after 3-4 weeks studying with NextStep.

ameterasul
Ameterasu L.
9/7/18

I attended the Kaplan MCAT prep program, complete with online package and books. So dense and overwhelming, I wanted to tear my hair out. After listening to the medschool podcast on MCAT prep with select questions and strategies from the NextStep bank, I couldn't wait to sign up. Unfortunately, I had already blown my budget on Kaplan (and ExamKrackers, and Princeton, and...) before I found NextStep. I ordered your books and a few of your tests (all I had time for before my test date) and my practice scores skyrocketed. My actual MCAT score was 518! I sing your praises from the rooftops, and recommend you to everyone slated to take the MCAT (and anyone else who will listen). BUY HERE FIRST!!! (And you won't have to purchase anything else.)

rs196
R S.
8/20/18

I had a great experience with nextsteptestprep.com. The practice exams helped me score in the 99th percentile on the MCAT, and the psychology/sociology book helped me get a perfect score on that section.

wilapr
Wilap R.
8/18/18

The next step test really helped me with my MCAT prep. After taking the test it exposed me to my weakness. It is not exactly as the AAMC test but I think this prep test is good start.

alexr133
Alex R.
8/17/18

Overall, I could not be happier with Next Step. I have been studying for the MCAT for nearly two years. I have already taken it twice and gotten a 501 both times, and I really did not think I would be able to get my score up because I had already tried everything. My tutor has gone above and beyond my expectations in giving me the right resources and guidance. He will find your problem areas and give you problems and passages about these topics until you master them. They lay out everything you need to do on a daily basis, and if you do what they say your score will definitely improve. I can honestly say that my least favorite topics have become much easier to test on. I took the AAMC Practice Test 1 last year and made a 501, but I just took it again after tutoring for only a couple months and I have jumped 8 points. It felt like a completely different test because my tutor has helped me to simplify the MCAT. I have not taken it for real yet, but I expect to see at least a 10 point increase. I have never been this confident about the MCAT, and we have only been tutoring for a couple months now. You can definitely trust these tutors to get you to accomplish your goals.

Questions? Get answers from the NextStepTestPrep staff and other customers.

NextStepTestPrep?