Nextdoor.co.uk

Nextdoor.co.uk has a consumer rating of 1.67 stars from 3 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Nextdoor.co.uk ranks 28th among GPS sites.

How would you rate Nextdoor.co.uk?

“An advertising business with a "neighbourhood" marketing sticker on it & very badly moderated.”

Fen C.
6/29/20

Never forget that Nextdoor is an advertising business and so, legally, its first allegiance must be to its shareholders. 2nd, 3rd & 4th will be directors, executive management, staff etc... then users ("members") i. E "us". We, "users"/"members", are "the product" - Nextdoor sells our "advertising eyeballs" to advertisers for money. Nextdoor is free to us in the sense that we don't have a direct-debit with our bank paying for our Nextdoor membership. But it's not free. Our collective "advertising eyeballs" (c. 27 million of us!) are worth money - and that's how Nextdoor *makes* its money - by selling our eyeballs to advertisers for money. Local "Moderators" and "Leads" are, essentially, Nextdoor's "enforcers" of what's "good for Nextdoor's revenues and shareholders". They don't get paid in money; they get paid by being given a sense of power and control over their own local "fifedom" - and you're in that fifedom. We know the old saying about what power does... So it's no surprise that the "moderating" on Nextdoor is less than perfect, in turn making Nextdoor less than perfect, especially if you're looking for something fair and balanced and objectively managed. Nextdoor does perform some useful functions. It'll find you a plumber, help find your lost cat, recommend an electrician - lots of things - but it comes at quite a high price. You might not feel like you're buying (paying for) Nextdoor's serices, but you are ("advertising eyeballs", remember). So "caveat emptor"! Use it for sure; but never forget what it really is.

fenc3
June 29th, 2020

Use it for sure; but never forget what it really is.

edouardm3
April 14th, 2017

I have had to close my account.
I left something on my doorstep to be collected by someone from Nextdoor, unfortunately due to their daft address policy, this item was 'stolen' by somebody who saw our conversation and even though i had Pm'd my address, they then got my road name and google searched me by name and came by and took the item.
I have tried kahuti.com BUT it is not a UK site, it is American and needs more members in my area, I am plugging away with it. I have also joined mystreetlink.co.uk which is a UK operated site set up by an ex Streetlifer and seems to be the closest to the old Streetlife we knew and loved

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension or converted from reviews due to lack of content.

Questions? Get answers from the Nextdoor.co.uk staff and other customers.

When neighbors start talking, good things happen.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nextdoor.co.uk?

Have a question about Nextdoor.co.uk?