Review of Neustar

Suggest Category
Tel: +1-855-898-0036

kevinh459
1/28/19

Why do they have to play Internet cop? I have my DNS service set to Cloudflare's 1.1.1.1 DNS. Neustar keeps poisoning my DNS with theirs. I get NXDOMAIN for completely innocuous websites due to their unsearchable criteria on WHAT is blocked. They have NO way to submit a false positive. Their site talks about everything else about how great they are *except* their DNS filtering. This is wrong. Their "customer service" line is more about selling you something, not to guide you on how to submit a false positive.

People who were originally using "Norton Connectsafe" have got grandfathered into this evil empire.

No wonder why the FCC told them to pound sand.

williamf28
6/12/13

Nuestar intentionally downgraded my account and erased my listing after I wrote bad reviews about them. BTW, I erased all the bad reviews but they took vengeful action anyway. This company must be run by a grown-up child. This company has absolutely no customer service and they do not know what they are doing. I paid them for a premium listing on 5/24/2013. It took them over a week to finally upgrade the account from basic to premium. I called and left messages. No one ever returned my messages. I sent emails. No reply. Finally, I wrote some complaints online. That got their attention but then they completely erased my listing without telling me. When I log into my account, it still shows as a basic account. I will have to enter all my information again from scratch and pay another $297.00 for an upgraded listing. There is no way I am going to do that. I will find another service that actually works and provides a minimal amount of customer service. I am done doing business with this company. I spent a lot time getting my listing in Neustar up to speed (keywords, content etc). I am not going to let this go. I am going out of my way tonight to let every review website know about my horrible experience with this company

Scam. Their DNS service is so obscure. Security by obscurity is false security. No public-facing documentation on what classifies as a blocked site. And no way to challenge their criteria by submitting a false positive.

By Kevin H.
Questions? Get answers from the Neustar staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Neustar