NationWide.co.uk reviews

Tel: +44 1793 65 67 89
complaints.customerservicesandoperations@nationwide.co.uk

mrsv2
4/11/18
Been with Nationwide over 10 years and never had a problem really. Only visited a branch twice, everything else done online, cash transfer takes less than 2 minutes and site easy to navigate. Had an issue with a scammer trying to take unauthorised payments from my debit card, rang Swindon and it was sorted immediately with a refund to my account within the hour.
Better and more honest than the high street banks
markm457
2/2/18
The name is a lie, since it is not really "nation wide... Furthermore, their website is just terrible, and have to be completely redesigned in order to find any information whatsoever. Not recommended at all and by any means, but sometimes it's hard to find a good alternative.
misterp
11/23/17
I for one do not trust call centre staff as I have been lied to by them too many times. The call centre staff that this company employ are no exception. Case in point, yesterday I called using a phone I have never used to call Nationwide before. I was not asked any identifying questions before being put through to someone. This phone is also not registered with them. Yet after ten minutes (approx) the woman slips and tells me my name. I point out approx two minutes later that she had told me my name. She went into denial. You know the kind of denial that call centre staff excel at. That is change the subject, make an excuse such as I dont recall doing that etc... Not only this but she had asked previously whether there were any other questions I had that she could help me with. So of course I started asking questions about their telephone customer service, to which she tried one way after another to not answer any questions. I said to her you have no intention of honouring what you promised. After 26 minutes she put the phone down on myself. This is another thing. Tell them to put the phone down as they are doing nothing but string you along and try all sorts of tricks to wriggle out of doing what is asked, including claiming that they do not have permission. But they all work for the same company and if one can do it they all can do it. Which by-the-way they do on almost every call.

They use voice recognition software, and your training it. Thats what you are doing by answering their remedial 'security' questions.

Never a straight answer is given. They are only interested in hijacking your call to get what they need to keep their job.
aa2027
8/14/17
I have been with these jokers for over a decade. You would think that track record means something but it does not. I am a UK citizen living overseas. And I cannot tell you how many times in a month I go to do something, depending on my card, and the card is restricted or blocked. I call up and they said No-trace due to issue with my address (they do not let me use my poBox). Ok I get the card unblocked. Next month card is not working what is it now? OH, we detected fraud and blocked your card. I was buying something from a number one website in South Africa, like the ebay of SA. So they cancelled my card and after 4 attempts I got it. They posted my card to SA using standard post (it never arrived). I said I would send FedEx to collect it--no can do. Can they post it by FedEX-- no can do SA is too dangerous. On and on. Send it to my mates house--still no card. All this time i have NO MONEY.
Next month something else, some new EU regulations. Card blocked. I sent them all the required info by FedEx and still card blocked. No explanation now why still blocked. Everyone I speak to is giving a different story. Apparently they cannot email me, they cannot talk to the fraud blocking department, nothing. So something as important as my money I cannot get access to. And no one knows why. Even within the bank they cannot give me an answer. So another week without my card.
jazzk
9/24/13
I have been banking with these guys for about 8 years and some 2 years ago the site changed. Now it is terrible, trying to transfer funds is a totally lottery if it works. You then go into the branch and even the cashiers advise you to stay away from the online side!!!! You speak to the tech guys at the website and all they say is try another browser other than google....Google the largest of them all and you want me to use another just for your site......Please

Questions? Get answers from the NationWide.co.uk staff and other customers.

NationWide.co.uk?