Review of MovieGoods

MovieGoods reviews

markr65
12/19/13

My order has not been shipped yet and I am not optimistic that it will. This was a Christmas present and I know it won't be here in time. Can't get them on the phone....live chat is offline. Poor

nataliei
12/3/12

We cannot get a refund for items never shipped. We ordered an original King Kong poster from moviegoods for $149. Our credit card was charged right away. 3 weeks later they said they could not locate the poster. We requested a refund on 10/24/12. It is now 12/3/12 and we still have not received our money back! I do not recommend moviegoods.

thomask17
10/22/12

After waiting almost three months for my order from them (and always being told it was still being processed bla bla), I opened a file against them with the Better Business Bureau, trying to get a refund. Literally the next day the company said they shipped my order with tracking number LN339032373US. After this tracking number didn't move in three weeks I reopened the case with Better Business Bureau asking for a full refund again. Still waiting for that. Anyone else having problems with this company should file a claim online iwth BBB. There are currently 12 cases like mine on there. Eventually this company will be flagged with an alert.

bruced2
5/7/12

Last year, I bought a huge poster for the TV show "Dollhouse" so I could get it autographed, and did so...

This year I ordered a smaller "Nikita" poster to get autographed...here's the rubit was laser printed on glossy paper. I'm a graphic designer. I could have done the same myself at work for nothing. I paid @ $12 for the laser print. In other words, it's a pirated image. I contacted the company and they boldly offered me another poster of my choice. AND said that I would not have to return the other "poster" I was not happy with. I asked if it would be an original piece or printed by them on glossy paper. AND told them that I was insulted that they would even consider asking me to return 10 cent piece of paper. I was told I would get another laser print. I asked for my money back. They agreed to do so. I haven't checked whether or not they did so...as they were so up front about selling laser printed materials, I kind of found their honesty on that count refreshing enough to trust that they'd reimburse me.

THEN I decided I had better check the huge "Dollhouse" poster I ordered a year ago. Guess what! That too is a mediocre quality reprint! I was so excited to get it, and I was very new to collectibles and never imagined that someone would try to pirate the materials and rip me off.

So, based upon my experience. Moviegoods.com does *not* have any original posters. The worst part about it is that they don't tell you that. And they are unapologetic about it when you confront them with that fact.

If you are a collector, you are much better off at Movieposter.com they tell you whether or not what you are buying is an original or a reproduction.

Questions? Get answers from the MovieGoods staff and other customers.

MovieGoods?