Review of MOTOsafety

Tel: 1-877-732-4970

junef110
June F.
2/15/19

Great prices, fast delivery and easy setup. Works great. Would recommend to anyone wanting to keep track of family members or employee vehicles. I love the geofence feature where I can setup areas where I get alerts when vehicles leaves or enters areas I define.

harryw96
harry w.
2/13/19

very easy to install. Needed updates to work properly 2 times. Will see in time if proper operation continues.

joen77
Joe N.
2/10/19

We live in North West Indiana which is in CST, but the device wanted to act as if it was in EST. This messed up the allowable usage time settings. After setting the allowable usage time settings to EST for a couple of days then back to CST, it seems to be working correctly now. Tech support didn't seem to truly understand the problem, but that's ok, it works now.

ronf132
Ron F.
12/24/18

Great product so far. It occasionally pulls a posted speed limit from a side street instead of the street you are actually on, which affects the grade the system gives, but for a single teen driver, that is relatively easy to check.

margaretu6
Margaret U.
12/10/18

the map is hard to read bc things pop up over it and I can't click an X to get behind the pop up. The first thing you see when you open the app should be an unobstructed satellite map showing location of the tracker.

brianj126
Brian J.
11/19/18

the purchasing aspect has been a breeze , i hope the install , equipment and service is just as easy and reliable .

schanelc
Schanel C.
11/3/18

I spoke with Brian Catanzaro through online chat who was very helpful. I appreciate his professionalism and knowledge. He found the solution to what was best for me. Thank you!

xeniar2
Xenia R.
10/24/18

The shopping was the easy part...now just to figure out how to install it without any one knowing. Is there video tutorial?

jeremyo22
Jeremy o.
10/21/18

We use MOTOsafety with my eldest daughter and have been very pleased with it. Our second daughter will be getting her own car next month so we will be adding another MOTOsafety tracker to the family.

anonymousz154
anonymous Z.
10/18/18

Awesome experience. The live chat with Brian was extremely helpful and this will give me peace of mind with my teenage son driving.

shellys83
Shelly S.
10/9/18

This is my second device from Motosafety. It provides precise and helpful information in keeping our children safe.

deirdreb15
Deirdre B.
9/26/18

Have a new teen driver and this product was recommended by a friend. Looked at product online, chatted with one of your sales associates and decided to purchase. Received about 5 to 6 days later and we have been pleased with the tracking, notifications, and reports. Gives us a bit more peace of mind when our teen is on the road. Great product so far!

lindaw275
Linda W.
9/23/18

This has been an easy ordering process. I will be installing this on my 82 year old mother's car for my peace of mind.

michaelf422
Michael F.
9/16/18

Unfortunately - it was significantly cheaper on Amazon. I did not want to risk it not being your product, but it's something I feel bad about. But you really should try to get those prices closer.

denises278
Denise S.
9/6/18

Brian was so helpful and professional! He answered every question and provided a promotional discount that was available. Thank you!

jenniferh459
Jennifer H.
9/3/18

Shopping was quick and easy! Scott answered all my questions fast and clearly. Set up was so easy. I recommend this for anyone who has a loved one with memory issues.

brucem225
Bruce M.
8/29/18

payment screen did not load using Chrome browser....so had to start over with IE....not terrible, but would have expected better with a company that uses so much technology

joshuah148
8/23/18

We installed this on our 17yo daughter's new (to her) car. The GPS function works great. It reports position every 60 seconds when the car is on, and every 60 minutes when it is off. So far, no issues with battery life based on normal driving.

We were primarily interested in MOTOsafety for the Daily Report Card to monitor her safety and how her driving improves. Unfortunately, most of the posted speed limits in the MOTOsafety database near our home are off by 10-15 MPH. We have the speeding threshold set to +5 MPH, meaning that she gets lots of false speeding alerts, impacting the overall grade she gets in the daily report card, and making it useless for the purpose they advertise -- teen driving safety.

MOTOsafety allows you to "update posted speed limits" on their website by selecting two endpoints on a road and manually setting the speed limit between those two points. It also stores these updates for reference. So far, none of the speed limit updates we've created have had any impact at all. While the website correctly shows where we have updated the speed limits, those updates have not had any impact on MOTOsafety's speeding alerts.

For example, the main road off our neighborhood has a posted limit of 50 MPH. MOTOsafety says it is 40 MPH. With the speed alert limit set to +5 MPH, she would get speeding alerts all up and down the main road for traveling over 45 MPH. So we went in and set the speed limit for the entire road to 50 MPH as it is posted, but she still gets speeding alerts for exceeding 45 MPH. None of the speed limit updates we've created have reduced the false speeding alerts. We contacted MOTOsafety customer service about this issue and have yet to receive a response (more than 2 weeks later).

We also contacted MOTOsafety with a general question about the "harsh braking" and "rapid acceleration" alerts. It's unclear whether these alerts are checked only every 60 seconds like the GPS positioning is, or whether it continuously monitors braking and acceleration. In this case, MOTOsafety customer service responded within 24 hours, but provided a stock answer that did not at all address the question. It only stated that there were two types of speeding alerts, "speeding and high speed", and did not mention how often those alerts were checked. If acceleration and braking are only checked 1x every 60 seconds, then it would be easy for a hard braking situation to go unreported in the 60 seconds between checks.

The lack of timely responses from customer service, stock answers that don't address the question, and issues with invalid speed limits that cannot be corrected make this product useless for monitoring teen safety while driving. It's a simple GPS position tracker that is pretending to be something more.

denisee186
Denise E.
8/21/18

The website is easy to navigate, and purchasing has been smooth so far. The device arrived prior to the anticipated date. It was easy to install using the provided directions. I have found the website and the app to be user friendly and informative. The peace of mind I have now with my daughter driving on her own is priceless. This device is worth every penny! I highly recommend it and are considering purchasing one for my mother-in-law's car.

giannib19
Gianni B.
7/23/18

I am left very unclear as to how the monthly billing subscription works. Are there discounts for prepay? Am I receiving first month free? will this automatically charge my card? This lack of detail is why I only left 4 stars.

joyces158
Joyce S.
7/16/18

We have not been able to get the unit working in our 2nd vehicle. We are still trying, we don't think it is the unit but think it is the truck itself.

shannond91
Shannon D.
6/6/18

I used "Live Chat" to discuss a couple of questions I had prior to placing my order. Scott was very helpful and gave me quick and precise answers. I have placed my order and can't wait to get it installed.

carlosg137
Carlos G.
6/4/18

Great ! The product easy to use , easy to install just plug and play . Set up the account is easy as well . The product works great especially with all the safety features . The diagnostic feature is awesome, Geo - Fencing, Speed Alert's etc ., Buy it now !!!

kimberlyb199
kimberly b.
5/31/18

The price stated on the website is significantly lower than the price on the payment page. This seems deceitful however I am hopeful this will stop my daughter from thinking she can drive like Danika

stevew299
Steve W.
5/25/18

Motosafety has been a great tool to help manage our two daughters driving habits. They clearly react to speeding alerts.

Questions? Get answers from the MOTOsafety staff and other customers.

MOTOsafety?