Review of MotoBuys

Auburn, WA 98092, US

57 reviews with 1 star

frankh215
9/1/18

Bought this little bike as a commuter. It didnt work from day 1. The service people are slow getting back to you. I needed a part that had to ship from china so it took a while. Meanwhile your little warranty is dinging away while you wait. All warranty work is on you to do so I am wrenching it myself (although I do like doing that, I am just not that mechanically inclined so everything takes me a long time). Once the part was installed it started to rn, but it only pulls up to 2nd gear. It will go into 3rd but it immediately begins to lose speed. If you skip to 4th it slows down very fast. So this $1700 scooter goes about 25 mph. That is it. When I asked what we need to do to get this in 3rd gear, "MOTOBUYS" said "How fast are you expecting this vehicle to go? They top out at about 35mph with a smaller person on them". It doesnt say that in the ads. Some of the ads with their 49cc say they go 40 mph. I had a scooter with 49 cc that I could get up to 43 mph on level ground. So 25 mph is junk. STAY far away fromt his thing. Save your money.

thomass550
8/9/18

DONT BUY FROM HERE! Scumbags are so disrespectful, worst customer service I've ever had. They want pictures of a credit card and drivers license because the shipping address is somewhere else. Are you joking me? Then they act so nasty about this and love hanging up. No manners at all. I even paid extra for quicker shipping and they take their sweet time in processing the order. What a joke. Morons

kenm281
7/10/18

I purchased a Sand Viper T400, the UTV they shipped is smaller, I called Bob and he informed the size listed on the site was crate size and not unit size. (but yet I have an email from them giving me the crate size (which is smaller then what was listed on their website) so there is the 1st lie. No manual or check-off sheet to put UTV together or even check list for the parts. Called Bob again and he informed me it was on their website. ( it is not and even their Tech stated they did have it) Lie # 2.
Tried to work this out with Bob and asked him to make it right. He refused, so I stopped payment on my card until this is settled.

lenal21
7/3/18
• Updated review

No return email after purchase! They sold me a defective scooter and refused to acknowledge my calls or emails after I bought the scooter and due to a fried wiring harness, the scooter shorted out and I was badly hurt! Then they have the audacity to treat me like garbage afterwards because I asked for an exchange. This place needs sued and I am ready to call a lawyer!

“No return email after purchase!”
6/20/18
• Previous review

I bought a 150cc scooter from them and after I was charged they called to tell me they didn't have the colors I wanted. I ended up with an ugly blue. I am having some issues with the scooter and am trying to get some answers about whether they are normal, but now that they have my money there is no response to my issue. I wouldn't recommend purchasing anything from them. Go somewhere else.

joshb192
6/29/18

This company should be out if business soon. No way a company can conduct business the way Bob treats people. Like the other people said. Once Bob gets your money you are screwed, doesn't return phone calls or emails. And more than likely Bob will send what ever color he feels like it. They guy has several law suits against him found on public records. Buyers beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amandat148
6/28/18

This is the worst place to buy an ATV, MOTORCYCLE or anything. The guy Bob will not email, call or return calls back to you. So once he gets your money you are SCREWED UP THE ASS. Bob cussed us out and told us that he did not need our F#CK#NG, hung up on us. DON'T BUY FROM MOTOBUYS!!!!!

sammyi1
5/17/18

I agree with Samuel review, they wont return emails, or calls... I don't do reviews, normally, however, this one push me over the edge ...I had to call over & over until I finally got through and spoke with this very unprofessional person, Bob, who will not refund my order claiming it was fraud ..what the heck? I paid with my own PayPal.... LOL.... I had to fight this jerk to get my own money back and released back to me ..wow what an ugly experience...... Do NOT do business with this company.. there are many other reputable companies out there... this company should not be in business and they don't deserve our money.

samueld46
5/3/18

Won't return emails or calls. Took two weeks to get someone on the phone to get my receipt. Said order was shipped still no tracking number. They completely suck and are worthless as far as any customer service goes.Wont make this mistake again. The only time they were nice was when i payed them after that there is no communication on there part.

keithh105
1/3/18
• Updated review

After letting them know I filed a fraud/non delivered product claim with American Express they finally agreed to refund my money. They originally told me they could not refund my purchase since it was already in transit to me and would arrive in a day or two. I told them simply I'd refuse to except it when it arrived and the carrier would return it to them. . . funny thing it never arrived. Stay clear of these guys.

“Do not buy from Motobuys”
12/12/17
• Previous review

Don't fall for the allure of the cheap prices. I purchased a UTV from them on 12/5 and was told it would ship in 24 - 48 hours. I called after three days to verify shipping since the status never changed on the confirmation they sent. They said is shipped via Yellow Freight and they would have the tracking number in 24 hours. I called back the next day to get the tracking number, they then told me it shipped via Road Runner and they were waiting for the tracking number. On the third day I called and they told me it was on Sun Valley Freight and they would call me right back with a tracking number. I'm still waiting. I finally filed a fraud charge with them through American Express to get my money back. If there were a zero star option, that is what they would get.

mikes640
12/28/17

Ordered 2 go-karts and was sent 2 different models...when I called the GM told me he had checked the vin numbers on what was sent me, and they were correct. I got what i ordered , and they wouldn't pickup and make it right. I asked for their legal mailing address and he did not respond. Have not heard from them anymore. Got screwed and they took my money.

micheled50
11/30/17

I purchased my son a dirt bike. When it was delivered all the parts werent there to put it together and the clutch was broken. Called the company right away he told me to go to the local store and buy the parts. Extremely rude!! Very bad customer service. They finally sent the part two weeks later. After riding the bike for less then 2 hours the bike was falling apart. Called them back several times because gas was coming out of the air filter and he told me to bad to slam the front tire on the ground it had a bad carburetor and thats the fix. Never received any of the free stuff that was supposed to come. I had to bring the bike to a local dirt bike shop to get fixed after only 2 hours of use. Cost me another $150 to repair. The bikes they sell are junk and they are absolutely the rudest people ever. Asked to speak to the owner and the managers response was this is a corporation there is no owner. They scam people big time.

alicew87
11/30/17

I purchase a 4 wheeler from them and was really excited. Got the atv in 2 days. Helmet and other item followed the next week. Unfortunately,by time we recieved other items the atv was inoperable. The weld came apart at the shocks after riding less than 2 hours.,and caused atv to flip. Looking at it you can see where it broke. Contacted correct dept. and sentplenty of photos,. Their response was. Get it repaired and we will credit you $75.00. . Really ,after 2 hours and $550.00 that is all I get for my money. Now I have to find someone to repair and I dont trust product

Tip for consumers: Save your money

johns2527
11/28/17

Purchased a Tao Tao 125 quad for my grandson in 2015. He has since out grown it and we decided to sell it. Buyer wanted a title for it so I went to MVD and they said it has to have a MSO from the dealer. Contacted Motobuys.com and they gave me the email run around for 2 weeks. My last communication from them is as follows:

Nov 28 at 12:18 PM

Someone will help you replace your paperwork that was lost but it wont be till the first of the year. I have ne available staff to go back into the archives to search your unit. Please call us at 877-667-6289 after Christmas.

The only paper work I ever received from these people was a email sales receipt.
These people sell junk and they have very poor customer service.

hanenk
10/6/17

I got an ice bear cyclone from these criminals. This is stealing. I'm talking to a lawyer now to see if there is anyway to put them out of business. I can't believe they are allowed to sell the garbage they sell. Week one my bike won't start 50 dollars for towing 300 for parts and labor. The shop sells icebear but won't honor the warranty. Week three another trip to the shop another 150 dollars. This morning broke down on the way to work. Bolt holding the drive train case to the steel frame snapped completely in half. Belt shredded. Wheels inside the variator have deep grooves. Called a million times mailbox always full (I'm sure with complaints that's why they don't listen to them) the contact us page where you can send a message they don't answer them either. Please save your money and avoid the headache.

denniss150
9/7/17

After a month of not being able to use the vehicle I took it to a mechanic and paid out of pocket to have the problems diagnosed. It is running now but through no fault of MotoBuys. All I got from them were lies and accusations that the problems were my fault. Don't buy from them unless you are a dealer with a fully equipped shop and a qualified mechanic.
Update, Requested MSO in August. Contacted them and they say it was mailed regular mail with no tracking or receipt. I never got it.
Update #2, Contacted them to get a duplicate MSO. Said it would take two weeks. It's been three weeks and still nothing. Just another lie.

Update #3; although it is not their fault directly, a couple of months after my purchase they dropped the price by almost $1,000. I was stupid to buy from them.

toddb53
7/24/17

I ordered three products ten days ago and Motobuys could easily take my money immediately but gathering the order in a week and a half, not so much. I called and received a flippant and unexcusable man stating the weekends got in the way!!!!!

I asked to get my money back and he quickly said, " no problem".

IT' S A PROBLEM AND MY NEXT MOVE WILL BE WIRE AND MAIL FRAUD WITH INSPECTOR GENERAL IF MY MONEY IS NOT RETURNED IMMEDIATELY.

RIDICULOUS SERVICE AND COMPANY.

cindit4
6/16/17

Received scooter not assemblied as ad stated it would be. Scooter came with zero instructions on how to assembly it. Rude customer service people. I got the bike and called them looking for the title. They sent me the bike but mailed the title from california to ohio. So basically I have a bike for a week that is useless because I can not get a plate for it.

johnv143
4/23/17

They sent me the wrong model with a bent frame and refused to take it back. So I took photos and got a qualified opinion letter to dispute the credit card charge. They called the mechanic who assessed the bike... harassed him, told him he would be charged with fraud, and lied to my credit card company to make sure the charge was not reversed. Despite filling the claim immediately after receiving the bike they keep insisting I am wrong and to blame for the defective frame... its repulsive at this point how low they are... Guaranteed the worst customer service you will ever experience in your entire life. THEIR ENTIRE OPPERATION IS A SCAM!!! As others have noticed and stated, the positive reviews on here are so over the top and ridiculous that they were obviously posted by Motobuys, they literally made me laugh out loud when I read them.

cesliej
3/30/17

I purchased a Jeep Go-Kart in December 2016. The jeep arrived damaged and has been inoperable since January. After numerous phone calls, messages, messages via Facebook messenger we still don't have our go-kart working and they won't call us back. Since they won't return our phone calls, I tried communicating thru Facebook messenger again today ( 30 MARCH 2017) only to discover they've disabled the messenger option for their Facebook page. Ok, fine! I left messages on their Facebook page and they keep deleting the messages. Well, I don't like being played as a fool and I refuse to do nothing. That's, $2000 we spent, somebody better provide some assistance and some repairs! So, I'm going to blast this company on every social media outlet that I can. We have worked too hard and literally sacrificed our health and bodies for this country as two army combat veterans with 33 years of combined service between my husband and me, for this country (this company claims to be so American and proud Americans). True Americans do not treat people with such disregard. How hard is it for you to honor your freaking word and sell quality products? All we wanted was to enjoy our little Army Jeep go-kart and enjoy the army retired life, but these individuals are really really intensifying my PTSD symptoms with their utter disregard and disrespect. My anxiety level increases exponentially every time I try working with them to resolve the issues with the go-kart. If you all start a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT please contact me via Twitter. @msceejay

I would leave a ZERO rating if I could!

bradn15
3/28/17

I bought a Kicker 350w Electric Dirt Bike from this "company" and it didn't come with a instruction manual to assemble the handle bars, front wheel, and back wheel suspension. When I called and talked to Sam in parts he told me it is a new bike and Tao Tao hasn't come out with a manual yet. I can't believe a company would distribute a bike without proper instructions to assemble very important components to a bike that is going to be rode by a child. When I tried to make sense of this he got short with me and told me to send the bike back which of course would cost over $100 to send back. Not only is it dangerous to purchase from this company it is also a very poor customer service experience. They just want your money and then bye bye.

scottr82
12/27/16

On December 12th I purchased two ATV's from this company. Bill is a great salesman, eager to make the sale and take the money. They guaranteed my delivery by 12/16, 12/17 at the latest as we were heading out on a trip and needed the vehicles. They never arrived. One of Bill's colleagues stated "We get around 8 out of every 1000 orders messed up and unfortunately yours was one of them." They promised a full refund. A few days later, email from Bill, no refund. You made a purchase, read our terms and conditions. They never sent any terms and conditions, just a receipt. After several emails back and forth with this incredibly rude man, i decided to just leave it until my American Express statement came in. Fortunately, they have removed the charge.
I would advise that you do not buy form this company unless you are desperate. There are many other online retailers who provide a similar service.
Motobuys also trades as other companies. Just be careful before you part with your money.

markm311
12/7/16

We purchased a "new" 800cc dune buggy from Motobuys. The date of purchase was 10/2016. The date of manufacture on the "new" machine was 6/2008. Nearly 9 years old. The injectors were frozen,the fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator as well. The fans were missing in entirety. They have offered us 1000 usd to keep the machine. We have said no. I was called and a$$hole by Bill and told "f$&k you" when I informed him that they needed to pick up the vehicle or pay me storage. American Express is involved, so hopefully we will get our money back. PUT this unethical dishonest company out of business. Zero rating

kaylai2
10/5/16

ordered my son a jet moto dirt bike it wasn't delivered when it was supposed to be it hadn't even left the warehouse. And when we finally get it my son got to ride it and now we already have to fix it!! Worst company ever

mistiep1
7/26/16

We just purchased a Trailmaster Challenger 150 and it states that it is 95% put together when you get it, which is a huge lie, no instructions sent with the unit, unit was scratched quite a bit, my husband got it all put together finally days later, charged the battery and put it in the unit it will not even attempt to start. The horn, blinkers, and lights work but it will not start. We have a call into them, but have not heard back yet. Brand new unit and we can't even get the thing to start. So far VERY disappointed. They had better make this right!

drewk11
7/12/16

They sell products that they do not stand behind, and quote the "terms & conditions" as an excuse to ship products that are faulty. Apparently the "terms & conditions" require you to accept items that do not work. The company's response most often that you are responsible for the normal dealer assembly. However, my scooter was delivered in condition that went beyond the assembly described in the purchase agreement. It was delivered in dangerous condition - leaking gasoline. Also, my ignition switch was faulty which destroyed the battery. Assistance from customer service was not timely, which delayed my ability to ride the scooter within the warranty period (I had to wait for a new ignition switch to be delivered from the factory - I assume in China). Now all warranty issues are being denied because "it's past warranty." If you can't ride a scooter because it is inoperable, you will not find the other warranty defects! Be prepared to receive products that do not work and lose your warranty while you try to fix the problems. The company's response when I asked to return the item was, "it doesn't work that way." My response is that we no longer live in a world of "buyer beware", except at Motobuys. I took a chance because I thought the price was right and wondered how unscrupulous a company could be in today's retail environment. The answer is very. Don't throw your money away like I did. Their "F" rating on the Better Business Bureau is justified.

Try to motobuy.com.ua

By Alex D.

I finally for my bill of sale but it was about 4 weeks after I purchased the scooter. The company should work on their communications with their customers.

By Joe M.

Questions? Get answers from the MotoBuys staff and other customers.

2 Photos for MotoBuys