Modest Needs®

Modest Needs® has a consumer rating of 1.25 stars from 4 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Modest Needs® ranks 73rd among Charity sites.

How would you rate Modest Needs®?

“Denied for no reason”

L W.
7/3/20

My application was denied because they claim I didn't meet the deadline when I have proof that all of my documents were uploaded on time, I guess they pick and choose who they want to help! Very disappointed in this company

lw474
July 3rd, 2020
mitzit7
April 3rd, 2020
I am in a financial bind because my brother died suddenly and I fell behind on a couple bills because I had to take on spoke of his responsibilities and had to be paying my mother's rent as well as mine. I needed $585 or get my rent current. I sent in all the requested documents. Because I was dendinf money to my mom overseas I sent the remittance receipts as proof. They were over $1000. Modest needs denied my application claiming that payments on the regular bill with which I requested Modest Needs' help were substantially past due before I incurred the "unusual expense" I mentioned in my application, and / or that the cost of the unusual bill is substantially less than the regular bill with which you've requested our assistance and should not have resulted in an inabiity to remit payment for this regular bill. They also said that they cannot consider my application for assistance at this time because the extenuating circumstance (payment of car registration) does not justify the much larger expense i need help with. I don't know where that information about car registration came from as it was not mentioned in my application. I am so confused because I don't even understand the basis on which I was denied.
amirad6
July 7th, 2019
renaet3
November 12th, 2019
I would not call them a scam but they do not use good sense or good judgment when making decisions in terms of who they will donate to. Partly I feel that it was very discriminatory because I don't have children. I was in need of $700 to take care of something the would would have been a one time request nothing I'm going but right now I'm having a real hard time financially because of a job loss and I am homeless. They turned me down because they said I did not make enough money... Wow I just think that is CRAZY! Hey would not ever recommend anyone using them and if anyone were to ever ask me about them I will tell them I would stay away. I was really counting on their help and I was spent the last 2 days which is when I found out 2 days ago come up just bawling my eyes out because I am in such a jam and I don't know what to do and I turned to them.
I have not always been in a situation like this I need to ask for help and I will rebound soon period of along when I applied I was planning on once I get back on my feet to made donations on a regular basis to them to help other people but I'm not going to do that anymore. I will donate my money elsewhere. I just can't believe had my income is too low to get help, who ever heard of that?

Tip for consumers:
DON'T

They are a SCAM! I applied for financial assistance due to my child support stopping and was about to lose my car and home (I rent). I submitted everything they asked for. Nothing was good enough. I submitted a clear photo and then they need one where my son is looking directly into the camera (the photo I sent was him looking at me). Even though I sent my lease from 2017, they now want to see a lease RENEWAL. I don't plan on RENEWING MY LEASE. Like, WHY would they require me to renew my lease? I even sent in over a year's worth of copies of rent checks cashed and proof that my landlord owned the home - the name written on the checks. But you know what DID happen? After three years of some old creditor stalking me, they found my latest address! I think this SCAM company 'Modest Needs' probably used my information to sell it to them! Do NOT fall for this scam! And please don't donate! I wasted about 10 hours of gathering information, scanning it, faxing it, emailing it, responding to their requests, etc. I think they actually make up the people that they claim really DO get help!

By Amira D.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Modest Needs® staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Modest Needs®?

Have a question about Modest Needs®?