MoD Dress

MoD Dress has a consumer rating of 2.43 stars from 7 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. MoD Dress ranks 256th among Wedding Dresses sites.

How would you rate MoD Dress?

“So glad I took the risk because it totally paid off!”

wang l.
8/15/18

I was quite wary to order a dress online because of some of the horror stories I have seen online, but this dress is exactly what I ordered! It's beautiful, fits me perfectly, and incredibly high quality. So glad I took the risk because it totally paid off!

“Mostly scam with a little jam”

Heather T.
3/23/20

When I was shipped one of the three dresses I ordered and received their email back to my inquiry about it I did a forehead slap. Why am I so dumb? Of course. All the red flags were there. Prices gouged, all different models with the top of the pics cut off. Dadgum. "We are sorry at the inconvenience. The dresses are out of the supplier stock. We have contacted. They will have in 7 to 15 days." Because they wont refund my money I suppose I'll wait and see what hoopla they send. Could be fun though? Ps. The dress they did ship is darling if I has a bust size of AA and liked the sage green advertised as grey.

wangl11
August 15th, 2018
janetw190
August 16th, 2018
I have to say Moddress is an online store where you can find your dream dress (wedding dress, maid of honor dress, prom dress, others). Here you will find any dress you want, no matter the color nor the size. And I did, I found my dream dress for my prom night, it was the best night of my life and it was missing only the dress, so one day I entered in moddress and it was there, the dress I was looking up all my life.
Take your computer and search moddress.com if you are looking for your dream dress, I found mine. Always highly recommend it!
heathert229
March 23rd, 2020
annettam9
December 5th, 2020
The items look nothing like they show. I ordered 2 sweaters and got 2 long sleeve t-shirts.
They had "iron-on" pictures. It was supposed to be some fur and rhinestones.
They would not return the items and offered me a $3 refund. I spent $60.
abbyp27
November 19th, 2019
This company's clothing is a pain to deal with. I bought $225 worth of clothes, 8 items, and NOTHING fits like it should. Sleeves are too long, chest area is too small, shoulders are made for football players wearing their pads. All I want to do is return the items and I've had an even more frustrating experience trying to get them returned. Seriously 16 back and forth emails and they want me to take a picture in each garment with a tape measure wrapped around me and send it to them to prove that the clothes don't fit before they will send me a return authorization.
dt137
April 18th, 2019
Where to start?

This "business" is more concerned with your money and less concerned about the quality and tailoring of their products.

They are not based out of the UK as it says in their title, they are based out of China. You'll notice that when your package arrives and again when trying to speak with "Janet Carlisle" the one and only service rep for the business.

Being a consumer and choosing where I spend my money I would never have considered any purchase from this business had I researched it. That said...

My daughter and I purchased a dress from Moddress UK for her prom in May. We sent exact measurements of my daughter as requested from the business.

The dress arrived and the first thing noticed was it shipped from China, not the UK.

The dress circumference around the bosom area was so large you could place 2 bowling balls in the top area (breast cup area.) Basically the dress falls open exposing the breast area WITH the straps at full pull.

We sent an email to Moddress UK notifying them. Janet Carlisle took no responsibility, would not refund, exchange or offer an alteration. She suggested it was our (the consumers) fault and error on measurements. I thought we may have made a mistake and double checked our email with the previous measures and re-measured my daughter and confirmed we measured correctly with a 3rd party and sent a reply to Moddress UK.

She (Janet) offered no guidance other than to pull the shoulder straps "tight." (That's if you can get through the choppy english communication) and again suggested they made no mistakes and it was our measurements that were incorrect.

Our advice, avoid the business at all costs. I'm out roughly $200 and additional costs for alterations.

Janet, your poor customer service, poor tailoring, misleading title name and lack of understanding, empathy and basic consideration for important events in people's lives will see you out of business, hopefully soon.

Regards,
SumDumGuy
lynnw157
November 18th, 2018
I and 4 of my friends ordered bridesmaid dresses through moddress in June 2018 for my friend's wedding. These dresses were a custom-build dress made specifically to our measurements, however when I received the dress it was literally falling off me, and the bra inserts were stiff and lay awkwardly in the dress. My other friends' dresses also did not fit correctly, and required major tailoring for us to wear them to my friend's wedding. When I emailed moddress, they said they cannot refund me because I had to have let them know there was an issue within 5 days of my purchase... which was impossible because the dress wasn't yet made, let alone shipped to me. They then offered me a $50 refund--not even 50% of what I paid for this dress. However, it is now November 2018, and despite numerous emails from myself the company refuses to answer my emails and has not sent my refund. I would not recommend this company to anyone, due to its lack of professionalism, communication, and dress quality.

Mostly a scam. Items are not what you see on their website

By Annetta M.