Review of MINDBODY

4051 Broad Street
testimonial@mindbodyonline.com

craigi36
1/8/19

When I started with Mind Body, I was totally impressed with them. It cost me $75/month and it had great features and their staff really helped me get everything set up. HOWEVER... in the past 2 years, they continued to increase costs while reducing functionality and they did not Grandfather in any of their original clients in at the lower prices.

So now, I would have to pay $195 for the same functionality I had at $75/month. OR.... Pay $125/month for SUBSTANTIALLY less functionality. I think they feel they can do this because most people don't want to go through the hassle of switching their software.

They are a total rip off now. They care nothing about their customers and only care about profits. It sickens me to see how companies like MINDBODY just screw over small businesses and care nothing about client relations. There is no doubt in my mind that this philosophy will come around and have a negative impact on their bottom line over time.

I just switched over to Vagaro, and I will only be paying $60/month. It was a pain to switch over - I'm not gonna lie, but it will be well worth it for my small business. They don't offer all of the same functionality, but they do offer some great things that MINDBODY doesn't so in my opinion it's a even switch over.

johns3292
10/12/18

Nothing but constant software issues, prices raises, and now a data breach that will effect my clients. When I started with them, they were a great company but that is no longer the case! Now they're just a bunch of rip-off artists with terrible service and a POS product. Only hope I don't have the same issue of them charging after cancellation like I'm reading in the rest of these reviews.
My advice to anyone else reading this.. do some demos with other providers, there are way better companies out there. Zenplanner, EZFacility, etc. etc.

kristae11
10/9/18

This has a lot of bells and whistles. Fancy for sure; would be great for a club. However, if you are truly a small business think long and hard before committing to mindbody. The price for taking recurring gym memberships QUADRUPLED in the four years I used them. When I decided it was not sustainable, it cost me hundreds of dollars to get the stored credit card info out of their server. When I got it it was only half of the information. When I called to ask about the missing people, and about the data itself I was told that when I agree to have that set of reports run I also agree to cut all ties with mindbody including access to their support. So think long and hard because while it is pretty and fancy and does lots of cool stuff, it's pretty ugly on the other side.

crystalc149
9/27/18

Mindbody never took my account out of onboarding. I was charged for a entire year plus 30 days even after I let them know I wanted to cancel many times. I was being charged for services which were never provided. They would not let any appointments be booked as they needed to release the account into an open status which they never did yet felt they should continue charging me. If an account is not open for business how can you continue to charge the end user?

All in all, it's an overpriced website, and when you try to cancel either you can't or they will bill you for another month as per their terms and conditions as stated in their fine print. Beware of this company and stay far away.

justins171
2/21/18

Avoid at all cost after 3 phone calls my service is still not canceled and i am still being charged there over the top price that is more expensive then all other companies. after spending 40min to a full hour on the phone each time i would say that should be enough to get things right. all i wanted was my account cancelled. i cant believe these thieves need to lie say its cancelled twice then still have the nerve to charge my account.

jamesd366
11/7/17

After 2 phone calls I agreed to sign up for a trial 3 months.
I run my own business, and I teach in 8 different venues in London and Kent, so I am not working from one location.
I had reservations about this when considering joining up, but was assured that it would be okay. By the second phone call, and having again been assured that MindBody would work for me, in spite of teaching in various locations, I agreed to try it out.
This was misinformation. It does NOT work for me, and they cannot accommodate more that one location without charging extra for the other locations.
I wasted a lot of time and effort on this, and at the end of the day feel slightly swindled.
They were mildly apologetic, with a great number of Americanisms thrown in about 'sharing' my experience with their employees, etc.

azaelm
3/19/17

Mindbodyonline is a website designed to help people who have a service business in various fitness/health fields have access to a platform where they can build their business online.

I started with them in January and immediately decided that they weren't for me due to a scheduling error made on their behalf. What happened is that due to my availability, I asked for a weekend training session and was scheduled for the weekend to receive it. After cancelling my plans and clients to handle the training call, it was not conducted nor received.
It turns out that the mindbodyonline trainers do not work on the weekends so I lost money that day and I got a bad first impression. (Mindbodyonline trainers are staff that work for mindbodyonline that teach the users, like me, how to use the system. I am not implying that mindbodyonline trainers are personal trainers or yogi teachers etc. outside of mindbodyonline. I am simply calling their training departmtent staff "trainers")

After attempting to cancel, they gave me a free month to stay with them and let me know that refunds are not available. That left me upset as I did not want to remain with them but I took the offer anyway to give them a second chance.

After receiving their training, I noticed that it requires a lot of time to develop the business online. Its not an easy interface and has many tools and options that require tons of time to learn. This app requires a trainer that speaks to me on a call and I give access to screen share so I can receive the training.

Unfortunately, due to working in the city and being a full time trainer now and in school full time with two families, timing was an issue and it just does not fit my schedule.

I decided its not for me. I then attempted to cancel again in the beginning of the month of March, 20 days before my next payment. I received this message:

"Thank you for contacting MINDBODY®.

Our team has been experiencing a higher volume of inbound contacts, which means that we may not be able to get back to you as quickly as we would like. We appreciate your continued patience during our peak season and we have some great help resources available online. You can access detailed FAQs, video tutorials, and more, click here to get started!

All emails are saved and may be reviewed for quality assurance purposes."

I then was contacted by my trainer to schedule our final training call which I did not email back because I am no longer interested in continuing.

I did not receive any word, email, or communication on their behalf that they are going to process my request.

I then emailed them again one week and a half ago (13 days before next payment is due) to request cancellation one more time and received the same email once again. When I call them to cancel, they put me on hold for hours I do not have.

Today, I was billed by their company (early) and now I need to get my money back and contact my bank to let them know that they are not authorized to do this and possibly order a new card to cancel this subscription with them.

My experience with mindbodyonline was a disaster and I am not interested in continuing with them. Their system has many options available sure, but truthfully for someone at my level, it would be best if I hire somebody to do the software part of my business rather than doing it myself.

If you decide to do it yourself, make sure you have lots of time. I'm sure once you learn how to use the system, it could potentially be beneficial to you and I'm sure it can work for you but on my end, its just not worth my time right now.

Also, the company customer support has probably one person handling all calls. This is an exaggeration on my side because that's what it felt like due to how customer support does not communicate fast and effectively.

yz3
2/3/16

Mindbody is an overcharging gimmick. Signing with them is the same as signing your life away. MB is figuratively a Toyota Corolla priced that of a Maserati. Scrutinize their cancellation policy before you buy because it seems you're basically stuck with them FOR LIFE.

Just a little over 3 weeks ago, I tried to cancel in writing and email (per the fine print of their Ts & Cs) after I found a better and cheaper CRM, Booking, payment, etc. all-in-one service for SMEs, but Mindbody's response is that they're "...experiencing a high volume of emails. Thank you for your patience!" No word in response to snail mail.

They just charged me for the new month, which shouldn't be since I sent in my request to cancel nearly a month ago.

Their tactic is to NEVER respond to your cancellation request so that you're charged indefinitely. Hopefully I'll be done and through with Mindbody before I die of old age. *sigh*

robertd58
4/15/13

Was browsing around for a software for my business. They seem to have an awesome tool. Not using it, but have heard good things from friends.

Questions? Get answers from the MINDBODY staff and other customers.

1 Photo for MINDBODY