Review of Mibba.com

Tel: +385.911925862
contact@mibba.com

alexisp45
3/22/19

Mibba is a very user-friendly site. It's easy to work out how to use it, which makes it pretty easy to post content there. That's pretty much what you want for a site that was primarily aimed at teenagers (or at least was when I was using it).

From a design perspective, Mibba's interface looks fine. It certainly looks a lot better than sites like fanfiction.net and AO3. There's a part of me that thinks the site looked a lot better in 2010 when you could essentially do up your profile like you could with a MySpace profile, but I think that's a more nostalgic part of me that's romanticising my teenage years. God knows that some of the profiles on both MySpace and Mibba were an eyesore when you had the option of doing that.

While marketed as a site for aspiring authors, there definitely are certain genres of fiction that will typically go down well. The number one genre I ever wrote was smutty fan fiction. No matter how much praise I got for my other (admittedly quite lackluster) stories, it was typically my smutty Harry Potter fan fiction that got the most views.

That kind of thing is great if what you really want to do is write fan fiction. However, if you want to write anything else, you have to either be really good at gaming the social networking aspects of the site or you have to be posting at just the right time for a lot of people to see your work.

So while Mibba is easy to use and it certainly looks a lot better than some comporable sites, there's no denying that there's an aspect of it that's essentially a glorified fan fiction website. But you can quite easily turn that around and say that about any site like this: even places like Wattpad that tried to be the "serious" writing website for "serious" writers essentially became just another fan fiction site after a while.

Mibba is fine for what it's trying to be. It may not be the best site like this--I don't know; I haven't really used any sites other than this--but it's pretty easy to use and parts of the community weren't too bad.

kurib
12/15/13

Mibba is very easy to use and navigate, and it has a good amount of members, but honestly the admins ruin it. I was on the site for six years and I would always see moderators and assistants abusing their power left and right, and they would pick fights with other members and then permanently ban them. And I'm not talking about little fights about the rules - they would insult writing, take journal entries and articles down because they didn't agree with it, accuse writers of plagiarism for having similar stories, etc.

Even as a regular contributing member to both articles, stories and journals, I got banned. I was told it was temporary for being a little rude to another member (Which I was, I'll admit) and then ten months later I find out it's permanent. When I ask why they changed this, they said because they could and there was nothing I could do to change it. Considering I was a member of five years that NEVER got in trouble, it's pretty absurd to get banned for calling someone stupid (Yes, that's the extent of my rudeness). ESPECIALLY when I wrote the admin a few days later apologizing for my behavior.

Long story short, the admins and mods treat the members like garbage. So as long as you plan on talking to NO ONE and only posting your stuff, then sure. Join. You'll get some good traffic and and it's easy to use. But keep in mind that the staff is incredibly rude and you should keep to yourself.

tracyk8
1/17/13

One of the most efficient, friendly sites on the internet, Mibba.com allows readers and writers alike to share in the creative writing experience. With site admins and staff who come back to you on virtually any query you have, users are in for a seamless ride and an easy introduction into the world of writing.

Mibba offers stories, tutorials, reviews of pretty much everything, forums for friendly discussion and more.

melissae
1/22/10

Mibba.com is a great site for aspiring authors to post their work and get a fan base you can also add your journal and write articles on basically anything you want if your looking for a way to get your work out there this site is a good starting ground.

Questions? Get answers from the Mibba.com staff and other customers.

Mibba.com?