MetropolitanMovers.ca reviews

Tel: (204) 272 0362
instigate60835@gmail.com

stacig5
8/27/18

Metropolitan Movers doesn't even do the moving job, they contract it out to local companies. As far as the actual move went, I was very satisfied. However, moving day was very emotional for me as my husband and I are splitting up. The mover took advantage of that and ended up overcharging me by $500. I followed up with Metropolitan Movers and was given the run around. Then I had to follow up directly with the moving company (Maple Green Moving and Logistics in London, Ontario) to request a refund. I was told they would be launching an investigation and would let me know the outcome. It was very clear that what my contract stated was very different from the invoice. Maple Green had copies of both items, so they should have been clear on the extra charges. Apparently I signed up for additional insurance on the day of my move, which was not made clear to me by the mover and was charged for additional line items which my contract covered. It took almost a full week of me calling and texting every day followed up with a threat to sue them. Then miraculously $400 was e-transferred to me (minus the insurance fee). Do not use either one of these companies!

py5
8/9/18

Was not happy with the way they do business. They quote you on the phone, but when the person is on site to move, he spends, 15 minute to complete the contract of a 4hour minimum requirement to move, where they round up to the half hour if you go into the next hour.
The guy tells me that they charge $45 per item that is heavy to go downstairs, on top of a heavy item charge, before they see the location, then he says he would not recommend taking stuff downstairs because it would damage drywall, all the time complaining about how heavy items are. If they do not end up moving the items down the stairs because they are too heavy, you still are charged the $45 per item - however, he did not charge me as I made a complaint that the policy they have was not right. Will not ever use this moving company again. I do not mind paying for a service, but when there are charges that are not disclosed on the initial phone quote, and you end up paying double your quote - I have a problem with that.
The heavy item, was a wooden banker's desk, I told him and his 2 helpers, and my husband helped, to leave it in the hall of my house, which was 10' from front door, as I had enough of the guy complaining, I spent 15minutes to remove screws, and my 2 sons (same age as his helpers) took them down for me without damaging my drywall. Moving doesn't only require bronze, but some brains as well. Maybe if he spent more energy focusing on the job instead of complaining, what I wanted done would have been done, and I would not have felt bad paying for double the quote. When I called the company to complain, the feedback was basically, too bad you paid, cannot make any adjustments.

nicoleh140
4/12/18

Used them for our move on April 1. They showed up an hour early while we were still offsite loading the truck and then they clearly had no communication on the price that was quoted to us. They had a sketchy reason for not accepting our debit card so we paid in cash. It's been 11 days since I've used their service and have yet to receive an invoice. I have called EVERY single day since our move to obtain this invoice, each time getting a different answer.

jaskinm
3/3/15

My experience at Metropolitan Movers Newmarket for the first time was made very pleasant.

kimr38
7/14/14

They didn't show up on moving day. When I finally got ahold of the driver, he said he didn't recieve any work order for this move.

danm75
6/27/14

This is not a moving company - they contract to other third party movers in your city and misrepresent themselves!!!!

Obtained a quote for a 3 bedroom house move, working with the company online and over the phone. Disclosed that we had alot of heave items including 6 big screen tv's. Was told only extra charge would be for washer/dryer and gym equipment and two movers is all that would be needed. On the day of the move, three movers showed up at my door and I was informed that there would be an additional $40/ hour charge because I had so much stuff. I had committed to moving that day and was forced to agree to the terms.

I decided to argue the charge with MEtropolitan as these guys were NOT Metroplitan movers but a sub-contracted company representing them. Of the three movers, only one was experienced and continually corrected the other two on how to properly pick up and load items which added considerable time to the move compared to an experienced team use to moving people. They were very nice guys but not the quality I would have expected - it was like having inexperienced friends help me move. The move took eleven hours and two trips to the new house that is not even five minutes away even though I had dissassembled the bedroom and living hardware to speed the process.
We did not take many items that I had to move on my own... the house was far from empty. By comparison, a close friend had also planned a move that day with a five bedroom house and utilized just her family and a couple of close friends. Their new house is a 45 minute drive from the old and they still completed the move just over ten hours, making two trips.

While the crew was punctual and easy to work with, this was not the service I expected and Metro movers has declined to acknowledge any fault. I would not recommend using this shady company for anything.

howardo5
6/14/14

The services of Metropolitan Movers Winnipeg in advance. There are some months which are quite heavy; therefore you may be required to make advanced bookings prior to your moving date. This will allow you make adequate preparations awaiting your move out.

chrisb125
5/31/14

There is one moving company that can do it all, offer affordable but quality moving services, professional and courteous movers and exquisite costumer service. It is the Metropolitan Movers Ottawa, Your best choice for all your moving needs.We are a detail oriented company, which means you will be well informed and nothing will be overlooked. Under strict management, Metropolitan Movers Ottawa operates under the assumption that each client is different and deserves a unique approach, both personally and when it comes to the belongings. We always ask questions to adapt ourselves to your specific requirements and encourage you to ask us anything.

johnr158
5/27/14

We know you dread moving and we understand why. And so, Metropolitan Movers is now at your service here in LONDON!!! With over thousands of homes, businesses and special furniture moved in the US and Canada, Metropolitan Movers has finally opened its trucks to moving in and out of London. You are assured that we extend the best quality of service we have been known for in North America right here in your local area. Therefore, you can now think of relocating as an easy and comfortable task as you partner with us in your journey to a better living! We provide local moves, long distance moves, and even moves to North America and across the globe for your home, business and even industry.

michalb1
5/26/14

Vancouver Moving Service offers the best packaging service in Canada from local and long distance services. If you have any questions, inquires or problems you can easily contact our customer service. We can assure you that our staff will always put satisfaction for all our clients as highest priority. Vancouver Movers assures that their staffs are professional, likeable and always has a smile on their face.

Questions? Get answers from the MetropolitanMovers.ca staff and other customers.

MetropolitanMovers.ca?