Review of MetroHealth

Tel: 216-778-7800

1 Review From Our Community

janed478
2/7/19

Where do I start with this? First of all, I had to get oral surgery which required sedation. They didn't inform me I needed to get a pregnancy test before I went in for the surgery. At all. It wasn't in the packet I got before surgery or anything. When I showed up and the test hadn't been done they refused to go ahead with the surgery which was horrible because I had been in pain for months leading up to this. Then the doctor, who was a 6 foot tall 200 pound man (for reference I'm a tiny woman) claimed that he was "scared" of me when I got upset with this stupidity and called security then refused to operate on me.

When I got a new operation date, they bullied me into getting a procedure that I didn't need which has caused me long lasting problems. They told me to show up at noon for pre-surgery and to get checked in. I was in the waiting room for 6 hours, so this was almost 24 hours without food/drink because they were literally 6 hours behind. By the time they got to the point of actually doing the surgery I was so delirious with hunger an dehydration I had no choice but to agree to the unnecessary procedure they wanted to do in order to get the one I needed done.

A few years later I hurt my back, herniated disc which they have an X-Ray of and I was in a lot of pain as anyone would be. I was referred to physical therapy which I went to but when I asked for any sort of strong pain meds for my back injury just temporarily I was accused of being a "Drug seeker" and referred to drug counseling. Even when I did that and got a psychiatrist to say I was not a drug addict because I'm not, they refused to remove that from my file anyway. The pain management doctor they referred me to was incredibly dismissive, refused to talk to me for more than 10 minutes, and immediately sent me to another specialist because he didn't have time for me.

Honestly, this hospital system is a mess, and I could tell a ton of horror stories about this place. Don't bother with them. Go to Cleveland Clinic.

Questions? Get answers from the MetroHealth staff and other customers.

MetroHealth?