Review of MeetMe

support@meetme.com
2017 Customer choice award

markh384
2/8/18

If ur single then this is 1 ov the sites u hav 2 b on. I use 3 an it wrks well 4 me. Best 1 so far is wejustfit.com, kool site with some really kool peeps.

breer4
1/28/18

Three days in a row I've been kicked off around the same time in the an from the app on my phone. Get a message on my email saying it's marked for suspicious activity. Locked out for 2 hours and I've been made to change my password at least 10 to 15 times because they site doesn't update you with ANY information. It just does whatever. Either bits or stupid or your site is just built like $#*!.

jessicad152
1/7/18

Someone used my stolen Facebook account information to create an account on meetme. Ive been trying to delete it through every method possible for over 2 hours, but I cant get to the page to delete it because theres always a pop-up saying I have to verify the account. This happens even when you click a link in a verification email that says the account was made without your consent: the Not You? link that sites are required to have by LAW. When I click the Problems button on that verify your account pop-up, it does nothing. I sent an email and got no reply either. All I get are TONS of emails saying [person] liked your photo and so on. I cant do anything about it. Ive tried everything. I hope the owners of this site get sued. An email says unverified accounts will be deleted after 72 hours, but my personal information and apparently my photos are already up there.

Tip for consumers: Don’t use this site. Report it.

diamondg1
12/29/17

Meetme offers to pay out their livestreamers for acquiring a certain number of diamond accrual fro their livestream gifters. Magically though users/streamers are bumped off their accounts claiming they violate terms of service when in fact the streamer has committed no violations. Meetme permanently deletes streamers account never paying out for diamond accrual. This is a scam and is illegal. It happens so frequently that peoples accounts are deleted for no reason, that people are aware this happens. This is a scam by the company so they do not have to pay out. They also lure streamers to accrue more diamonds for higher payout only to change the amount for cash out. Bait and switch scam. Lawsuit in the Making.

christopherg90
12/25/17

At any given time you see hordes of people Doing hard drugs live. So much gay Hate speech from the clients due to lack of any sort of rip enforcement. Here's a tip for you. You only after watch it for 2 minutes to see how much of it there is. Maining meetme.com knowingly turns the other way and profits from it. I challenge you to prove me wrong. So if the company says it's doing all they can they're lying their asses off.

davidg483
12/25/17

I gave it one star because there was no zero-star selection. It's being used as a combination of social site and a dating site, where most of the users simply prefer to be Nigerian/Ghanan/West Africans looking for your wallet. Those who prefer to be on there for dating are desperate women with weight issues or personality disorders or men who's social skills rise very little above their ability to expose their genitalia. Two other groups arriving on the scene lately are those looking for a pot/meth/you-name-it connection (using obvious innuendo throughout) or those looking to sell their bodies (using other obvious innuendo throughout). After awhile, earnest members get frustrated enough to simply walk away shaking their collective heads in disbelief.

aris72
12/16/17

I met Shanise Jones, Mula Jones, Sean KingpinTrap Jones among many other alias accounts on FB affiliated with uhunmwangho Osaro from Chicago,IL I didn't realize I was being scammed for money until my Mom the google detective figured out I was sending it money because it was my supposed GF and going to come here to meet me. I'm sharing this cause I was suckered in with loving texts and pictures of a girl ( fully clothed and made me laugh) my mom found a receipt for money gram. Thank God she did. My Grandpa was a police officer and taught her well. Be aware only the lonely fall for this kind of thing. Now I can only be mad at myself for believing she loved me over 9 months of texting and talking on the phone.

kevink150
10/11/17

I used this site back in the day and decided to try it again with wejustfit (my cousin recommended WJF). I prefer WJF all things considered but MeetMe still has some potential and so much depends on where you are and how many members these kind of sites have in your area. MeetMe used to be really busy where I am but its not what it was in terms of numbers anymore IMHO.

vannessad1
10/11/17

Clear applications by far the best I cannot delete people from this application and made so many of them it has been great and wonderful to collect this with people like this because I've seen application use thank you

jerrym114
10/10/17

the fake people not really wanting to meet or date just wanting to scam you are about 10- 1 you may meet 5 real people and 50 scammers do not give anyone your phone # and dont call anyone who give you theirs Scam city. Stay away

susans396
10/7/17

I've been with Meetme for 2 years now. Started off legitimately looking for a Man but of course failed and finally gave up looking on here as of 3 months ago due to it being a site for hookups Only. Never put money into it mind you.

Now I began using this site as a way to share posts. So I regretably thought.. well why not Try out the alleged "Boost" they offer to grab more attention. Terrible idea this was seeing as I spent $5 (thank Goodness the lowest they charge) just to try it out and boost a post of mine. Within the hour my post was removed without even a response from Meetme as to why!? So here I repost it and try again thinking maybe it was the system. Nope, sure enough I had wasted another 100 coins (as they call it) aka Real money.. just to find my post once again removed within minutes.
Sent them a message regarding this and all i get is an email back from them advising me they dont know me?? After 2 years and you don't know my name/username/password, etc?? Photos?? Even Facebook tied in?
So I reply with my email once again asking them for a refund this time. Never heard from them again after this. Have been asking them for a refund since the day I Spent my $5 and have yet to receive any responses but sure enough they kicked me and banned my username/email. So after 2 years and $5 they get out of me.. they drop me like it was nothing.

I advise AGAINST using this Fraud site. It's strictly for Hookups and Theft. If you Do use this site I advise against putting Any actual money into it. The "Boosting" is a Complete HOAX!
I apologize for this long message as I generally do Not leave reviews .. I felt it was necessary to save others from this huge waste of time and Fraud.

I tried to post a photo of the email I received from them claiming to not know me but I couldn't. However, if you happen to find Susan Smith on their you can check out my posts and find the email they sent.

rubym48
10/3/17

I think Meet me. Is a great datesite.
It has most the features free
Others don't. Their support team works very hard for their members .I recommend Meetme.for your choice site of dating.

fionaj10
10/1/17

This site has gone way down hill. Used to be such a laugh with people chatting on the news feed. By the way this site is not a dating site it's a social media site. It now has live streaming so you can watch people's cam! Apparently it's monitored but it's not because I've seen couples having sex, a guy shooting crap into his arm, a woman smoking a cannabis bong & a woman playing with her fanny. Still alot of scammers & still alot of people sending rude pics but nothing gets done about all of the above. Certainly not a site for meeting people!

ashleyl109
9/26/17

banned for absolutely nothing,signed up posted a few photos replied to every message i got did and said nothing inappropriate next thing i knew i was banned,no reason no explanation and have tried without success obviously to obtain an answer,this site doesnt want real genuine profiles,if you are a catfish sign up they will lap you up,its 100%% the worst site on the internet find something,anything else,you will thank me in the end

williamd158
9/18/17

Ive not been blown away by it or had any dates yet (only ever had a real date from wejustfit.com) but I would say its fine so far, better than a lot of the crap out there. Giving it time.

gregoryf26
9/18/17

Angela Eckler is a low down lying cheaters and don't get sucked in men .. she is no good and told me slept with over 100 guys

hayleys16
9/16/17

I'm so glad I downloaded Meetme 4.5 years ago because I met the most amazing guy with this app. Now we've been together for 4 years and wouldn't have met without the app.

bellas29
9/10/17

Cons:
1- Admins censor almost everything and ban people for no reason.

2- I would estimate 86% of the profiles are fake. You'll come across a lot of people using the same pictures with a different name or location. In fact if you happen to post pictures of yourself don't be surprised if you find someone else using yours photos to Catfish people.

3- Lots of scammers and beggars. So many posts are sob stories of single mums being kicked out of their homes begging for £60 to buy a few bits and pieces.

4- A lot of bullying.. So many miserable pathetic people who hate themselves and are therefore sitting at home behind their keyboards spewing hate. Someone might post something like I passed my exams, for example.. And the sad f***ers will say go kill yourself or nobody cares. They're incapable of just being civil normal people. Now this happens all over the Internet but on meetme it is on another level I'd say 7 out 10 comments is of this nature.

5- People craving attention so badly that they live stream and tell fake stories of abuse or pretend to be vets suffering from ptsd.

6- Myyearbook or meetme is listed in the playstore as an app to help you connect with people nearby who share similar interests as you and to make friends, yet for some reason so many guys seem to think it's a dating site. This can be annoying if like me you were hoping to make new friends to do fun activities or go to concerts with only to find that majority of the guys and girls are looking for love.

Pros:
1- none.

iank27
9/4/17

Meetme is not a place to be. Besides censoring anything mundane and under the sun, such as the status "the sky is blue", they are vehemently anti-sexual, anti-humanity in every way possible, it's not just the women. The website seems to target alpha men who are confident in speaking their minds as adults, and acts as parents to people who are adults, or already have parents, frankly, I don't want to be a part of a website that censors any mundane or otherwise sentiment, opinions, thought forms-constructs. I just don't. Every other post of mine is either able to be posted or is not, I'm not sure if it's an automatic filter or what, but I feel personally targeted and gangstalked by the admin of meetme. Humans are sexual creatures, I'm not sure what their motive is here but it's really stale and gets old, I can go out Into the real world with my thoughts and opinions and speak them freely without any form of censorship of any kind. Websites like this are doomed to fail due to their own uptight and absurd censorship. I think humanity needs to stop hiding from its shadow, and first nature, at that. I just think it's all really sickening.

grahamn9
9/2/17

Theres woman with 100 pictures of same woman with a different names asking for she making a thousands of pounds now have to find out who is using fakes and using celebrity pictures with out permission

kaylam49
9/1/17

I had over 70, 000 Dimonds and my account was deleted and there was zero nudity! maybe a little leg but who cares?! who gets all this money thats intended for the broadcaster? does the vewier get it back? no! they dont. Meetme can remove account and steal the money anytime they see a broadcast with high Dimonds. I would like my Dimonds credited to my new account.

christianm89
8/30/17

i have on this website a wile a go and there is alot of scammers on the website and these scammer sasking you money to send to them so stay away from this website you will being scamed

lauras264
8/26/17

They started this whole diamond process without being completely done with it. I got my account deleted for no reason last night with 78,500 in diamonds on my account. I literally did nothing to get banned on my account. Was only live for 5 min and bam everything gone. Anyone watching live can report anyone for whatever they want. I've had 3 viewers in a row get banned for no reason. This whole diamond into cash it's crap. Admin never gets back to anyone. They are eventually going to get sued. The whole keeping meet me clean is ridiculous.

aprilm72
8/21/17

I have absolutely no complaints. I may be biased and may have been lucky. I used the the site about three days and deleted my account because there were to many guys getting on my nerves. I made a fake profile and used a fake picture so I could look at the guys without the aggravation of seeing 15 Hey beautifuls every day . I came across a very hot looking guy who seemed a lot different than others. So I took a chance , thinking ya right he will never agree to go out. I immediately admitted to my fakery, he seemed to be a little angry , I refused to give up and remained persistent because I saw something in his eyes.He finally agreed to meet after a week of talking . That was a month and a half ago. We have both been incredibly happy ever since and are head over heels in love. We are looking for a place together.

nicholasc44
8/18/17

If you get anyone to block you for any reason doesnt matter if it is true. You get ban. Meet me can brake terms of service and hold you to them. This site/company deserves to be shut down. On service alone.

278 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

it should bring up a password reset screen . You don't say which country you are in .. if you put your phone number in on the reset screen , it will text you a code number to put in on meetme. if you are in uk you input your phone number as +44 replacing the first zero of your phone number. That should log u in , Then go to your profile and do a password reset. That might ask you to put your phone number in again for them to text you another code. That should either log u in , or send you a link to change your password

By andy m. [MeetMe Rep]

You can search for someone from the area called "LOCALS" all men in the area will come up. Even stretch the mile radius and see even more. Shows if they are online or not too. I was on there one time and the lowest of the lowest kinds of people use that site. All I ever saw there or talked to was alcoholics, sex addicts, mental issues, abusers and uneducated people from all walks of life. Nasty!!!

By Monica P. [MeetMe Rep]

Click on locals at the top of the page and expand the area you will be able to see all people on there. If he didn't post a photo then you need to get an attractive friend to make a fake profile and put some sexy photos up. A friend he knows nothing about or what she looks like. I just did this for my friend and we nailed him in 24 hours!!!! Have any man without a photo send one to her private email so he thinks he is being well protected like that. If she's pretty and sexy he'll hit on her. Even use a photo of someone off the internet but make her realistic' not a model. Good luck. Just while I was on there I ran on to 8 men that were married. They never post a photo. So she had to say she won't talk to anyone that doesn't provide her with at least 4 photos of himself just to make sure he's not a fake. I actually got kicked off their site for doing this.

By Monica P. [MeetMe Rep]

MEET ME does not respond to ANYTHING!!! they are a "GHOST" run site. Meaning they have no employees. It runs itself. You will NEVER get a response from even their corporate offices. Ive tried. The email they give is not a legit email. I tried it and it said it was not legit. You can't get hold of them.

By Monica P. [MeetMe Rep]

If you want to access parts of meet me that aren't included then there is a fee but to establish an initial account no that is free.

By Marlo S. [MeetMe Rep]

Yes, Jasmine is correct. He is a member of MeetMe to get a message like that. Your messages from women or men you meet there or then relayed to your phone. Best thing for you to do and I have done in the past is to make up a fake ID with fake photo. One that is believable though not a model. Then search for him there. He may be using a fake photo too though.

By Monica P. [MeetMe Rep]

Someone has infultrated my mobile number i am currently getting calls and texts from random people all times of day and night. I contacted the meetme lawsuite administration office and they stated there is nothing they can do because they cant find a profile with my number on it and they do not have documentation of outside messages or calls. I also sent them over 30 messages i have received and states i didnt creat a profile and didnt send you a message with my number in it and they just keep saying its not there responsibility and that i have to go to my local athorities if i want to do anything about it. I am highly considered going to the Attourney Generals office and filing a complaint on the website for Identity Theft! this type of crap pisses me off!!!!

By Random G. [MeetMe Rep]

It is a waiting game, I was successful a few times, but its tough to get a girl above an 8 or 9 on here. Just create your profile, and make sure your pic is great. Eventually after asking many girls out through posts you get some fun.

By Leonidas F. [MeetMe Rep]

i havent had any over heating it gets hot but its not really the app maybe just cus your on at a constant rate the screen being on and phone in use is causing the actual problem if it happen dont even close account just shut off screen or try turning your brightness down should fix it if not download the defender app from google play its free and legit it has a cpu cooling application inside works great.

By Marvin W. [MeetMe Rep]

I really doubt any Airline Pilot would be meeting women on that site. Saying he is a Pilot is trying to hook someone by thinking he is important. He has low self esteem in my opinion. I would do a google search on him. First try to get as much info as you can. Age date of birth where he is from . What airline he is flying for. His background as a pilot where he trained etc... He's lying im sure. I have had so many funny stories told to me... None of which were true. The men on that site are all losers and not very smart. If hes lying you can catch it in his stories. Make him show you pictures in the $#*!pit in several different photos too. Send you a photo of his license with his name and photo showing. If he refuses any of these requests hes hiding something.

By Monica P. [MeetMe Rep]
Questions? Get answers from the MeetMe staff and other customers.

MeetMe?