Review of MarineDepot

customercare@marinedepot.com
2017 Customer choice award

joaob19
12/18/18

Comprei, paguei e recebi a mercadoria. Perfeito. No início fiquei desconfiado, mas resolvi comprar algo de pequeno valo, deu tudo certo. Agora faço outras compras e de maior valor.

lancet23
11/27/18

Their 60 return policy only applies to some items. Bought a skimmer and it was just simply to large to fit in my tank sump. When I went to exercise the "60 day return policy" I was given a pop up of any issues with this item must be taken care of by the manufacturer. IT'S UNUSED, AND STILL IN ALL THE ORIGINAL PACKAGING! Do yourself a favor and buy from foster and Smith, lfs, or Amazon even. Waiting on hold was the only way to get the return done. At least the person I spoke with was helpful and polite. He finally got the return process taken care of, and even had some helpful advice.

nathanm145
7/16/18

If you think you are happy with your purchase, be sure to make a mistake. Because it has neither warranty nor warranty, it accepts unused packages, and customer satisfaction is not important. There is no item there and the office is empty and only accept the order and there is no commitment

kirstenh11
4/4/18

customer service was horrible i bought a red sea set up with directions stated order would be set up and i would get a call for delivery in 3-5 business days 5th day called the gentleman told me i read it wrong and it would be 5-7 business days so i cancelled my order instead of seeing about what he could do about getting me my tracking number he was rude and cancelled it i had to call back to get a email confirming the canceled order now waiting 5-7 days to get my money back would never use this place again

alexandriat3
2/19/18

Purchased their MAX E - 260 fish tank from their site and I am very impressed of the quality of the material used on this aquarium. The 10 gallon tank made it a perfect home for my fishes. Thank you so much!

yamianq
7/31/17

I was bringing my business to this particular store, just because that idea of helping the small guys.
However, I just came to the realization that they don't care at all about their customers.
I placed an order online. I received a call from them that the transaction has been declined. Ironically I was opening the email my CC had sent me of the transaction been approved.
Nonetheless, I called my CC company, after spending near an hour with them on the phone, they concluded that they didn't know what MarineDepot was talking about, that the transaction was totally approved and that there was no issue at all. I was able to see the transaction as pending in my online banking account too. My CC gave me a phone for merchant support so I could give it to MarineDepot.
I called MarineDepot again. What I got? Total rudeness, they didn't want to look into the issue, they couldn't care less for what the CC company was saying, not to give them a call to clarify the issue.
I guess that this type of attitude is why people go and do business with Amazon.

ronaldh71
7/25/17

Never have any problem, ever time I call in Everybody is nice. They have a lot of stuff , good selection, and very Good prices!!! We go through MarineDepot every few months because the dogs love them so much.

javierb16
4/27/17

so I buy a package and they send me just one of the items, I call to see what happen, they told me that they make a mistake and they will found out what happen. I wait the 2 days and I call back, so they say they where so busy that's the reason why they didn't reply me, we went back and forward whit the emails, because they want me to return the item so they can fix their warehouse and they offer me a 10$ store credit for my 330$ order, they offer me a 10$ . at last "the supervisor" call me they gonna send me all the items next week (this is the 2 week I'm waiting), they ask me if I whant somthing else, he make it look that Im trying to have free items and thats not the case, I told him i just want my $#*!.
I'm done whit this company they don't know how to take care of their costumers.

Tip for consumers: buy at Amazon is cheaper and you dont deal whit BS

brianb191
8/12/16

To keep this short and readable I'll leave out the details. I've been a Marine Depot customer for about 4 years. Ok so here's the recent issue. Today my shipment was due to be delivered, I checked the tracking and it showed that it was delivered this morning I called marine depot, and was told to purchase another item and that once FedEx and marine depot investigated the issue they would then refund my money Depending on The findings.

michaeln87
7/25/16

Ive been a customer of Marine Depot for the past 10 years. Getting back into the aquarium hobby, I decided to go back to Marine Depot to purchase my items. In the past couple of weeks Ive spent over $3000 designing my new aquarium. They were very nice to me, and went through a list of items and recommendations of equipment that I would need.
I have never had a problem with Marine Depot before until today. One of the items that was on my list did not work with the tank that I have purchased. Please keep in mind the list was discussed with the folks at Marine Depot and both items that did not work together were purchased from them.
Over the past 10+ years, I have never returned anything. This was my first time ever trying to return something at Marine Depot. The cost of this one item is $285. To keep things short, Marine Depot said that I could not return it and I am stuck with the $285 piece of equipment. I could go ahead and purchase the upgraded item for $349, but I would not receive any credit for the $285 spent.
My advice, Do not buy from marinedepot.com. They are very nice when you are buying items, but guaranteed if you try to return something it most likely will not happen. I usually buy from more reputable online businesses like Amazon, but I do try to bring business to smaller businesses. This mistake cost me $285. Its just not the money, but more of a feeling of helplessness when the merchant says nothing they can do.

mariak67
Maria K.
3/17/16

MarineDepot offers the largest selection at the best prices. Their customer service is key as they are beyond helpful when it comes to orders. I'll never go anywhere else.

stevex4
Steve X.
3/10/16

I discovered MarineDepot about 4mo ago and wish I had known of them sooner!! They carry everything you need for an aquarium and at great prices. Seriously you cannot BEAT their pricing. And when it comes with free shipping, why wouldn't you order from them?

chrisr115
2/15/16

This place is wonderful! I had one issue where I was charged more then what my purchase was. It was easily corrected by contacting them. I highly recommend and trust them with my business.

nancyk57
Nancy K.
10/16/15

After seeing Finding Nemo my kids went fish crazy. They wanted an aquarium and fish and I just didn't know where to start. I went to one of our local big chain pet stores and they started loading our cart with TONS of stuff that I hadn't anticipated. The person helping was very condescending, treating me like a moron for not knowing about how often to clean the tank and what type of water filter to buy. So we left empty handed that day, my kids eyes filled with tears, due to my frustration and the fact that I wasn't about to spend $300 on a fish that my kids would lose interest in in one week. I ended up doing some online searching and came across MarineDepot. I got in an online chat with their customer service and they were SO FRIENDLY and SO HELPFUL!!! It was night and day from my past experience. She helped me order everything I needed, and it was done. Everything was on order and coming to my house with free shipping. Their prices were better than the big chain store, too. Once everything arrived I set it up while my kids were at school. I went and picked them up that day and took them straight to buy their fish. They were so surprised and happy. When we got home and they saw the home for their fish, they were ecstatic! Things have been going well and the fish is thriving! Thanks MarineDepot!

markr117
5/8/15

Marine depot is great simply the best customer service out there

dwayned6
12/30/14

bartl16
3/24/14

I shop at Marine Depot for a variety of reasons: low prices, fast shipping and a generous return policy to name a few. Although the primary reason I shop there is due to their excellent customer support. I always have peace of mind knowing that if I have any issues setting up a new piece of equipment or if I have to return something they'll have my back. Ordering online is easy, but I typically call in to place my orders because their staff is so nice and will usually tell you if there is a coupon you can use or something new I might be interested in based on my order history. I still shop at my local fish store for livestock, but that's about it. MarineDepot.com has all my aquarium supply business and I would highly recommend them, especially to new hobbyists just getting their fins wet. They will help you succeed!

bobr40
3/23/14

I never bought an aquarium from marine depot but I almost wish I got it here because of their good prices. I purchased a UV steriilization system from them along with some aeration and co2 supplies. They are of great quality and cheaper than most stores. I will keep using them in the future.

marined
5/29/13

This place is the bomb!! Never have any problem, ever time I call in
Everybody is nice. They have a lot of stuff , good selection, and very
Good prices!!!

Thanks guys

20 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the MarineDepot staff and other customers.

1 Photo for MarineDepot