Man Commercial Protection

Man Commercial Protection

Man Commercial Protection has a consumer rating of 1.85 stars from 20 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Man Commercial Protection most frequently mention head office problems. Man Commercial Protection ranks 54th among Home Security sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 12 days

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 28.6%

• In the next 10 years you will see Man Commercial in Infologue top 10.

• The staff at their head office and the director have left a very negative lasting impression on us.
  • I've had nothing but trouble with this company during my time.
How would you rate Man Commercial Protection?

“Best Company Ever”

Lauren E.
6/30/20

I have nothing but lovely comments for this company, I can honestly say I enjoy coming to work, I love my job! The company continues to grow and provides a 5-star service, I've been made to feel welcome from my very first day and all your hard work never goes unmissed, it's clear they value staff members as well as clients and suppliers providing 100% customer service I cannot wait to see what the future brings and look forward to many years with the company.

“Look elsewhere”

Simon B.
1/22/20

After reading many other reviews I have managed to pluck up some courage and speak out about MAN. I imagine MAN appears to be a great company externally and from the top. Sadly their initiative s and/or outlook doesn't filter through the company. Staff/lower tier management are grossly over paid for what they do due to middle layers of unnecessary management. They promise the earth without having the tools, resources or ability to carry through.

head office (6) 10 years (4) company (14)
chriss2075
February 24th, 2020
If your ever unfortunate enough to work for this company just like my cousin, make sure you check your pension and login regular. I worked for MAN around five years and I also discovered they was withholding deductions taken from my wages.

They never paid them over to the scheme providers, on the odd time the did it was never as much they took off me. In many cases MAN either failed to pay them in full, or did not pay them at all.

I have since over heard colleagues complaining that they are also short in their pension pot, so this is still going on after it was reported twice by the Manager of the government scheme.

One poor bloke worked for MAN over two years and they never paid his pension deductions across for the whole duration of his employment two solid years between 2017-19 surname Hussain.

Another woman was owed $500 then I found out three others reported them to the pension regulators. What also makes me suspicious about this company is how it deals with grievances, because the bosses wife is in charge of Human Resources.

She came across as the wannabe husbands gangster materialistic type who likes 4 or 5 exotic holidays a year and never at her desk leaving the automated reply in to emails and enquiries.

I recommend to be very wary doing business with them because of the shady behind the scenes behavior. The letters below from 2016-17 confirm my review and prove I worked for them just in case they say thus person has never worked for us.
MAN C. – Man Commercial Protection Rep
As per the below - This individual has never worked for MAN Commercial Protection Ltd. We are aware of an ex-employee placing fictitious reviews. Please disregard. Our solicitors are dealing with these.
richardb2139
July 17th, 2020
Very very bad company unprofessional people. HR department is dishonest very corrupt ignoring procedures to suit them. Stay away from these people.
Hi Richard,
We would love to investigate the above for you, could we kindly request you contact our 24 hour control room on 0121 733 8484 to enable us to conduct an investigation for you.
sandeeps103
October 7th, 2020
MAN Commercial are the biggest joke in the security industry. It's complete madness and crazy for clients to be paying for such chaotic unreliable services. Especially at the weekend on Sat & Sun guards are turning up for work on sites drunk, smoking and arriving just to order takeaways and get paid for doing this.

On one site when I was on Supervisor duties I was shocked to see a guard playing cards with two of his cousins, watching a film on the company site camera display TV then falling asleep inside his car with a blanket over his head.

Without any hesitation or doubt I can only describe this security provider as one of the worst in the country and not value for money either. I would not recommend anyone do business with such a shabby business. Company puts on this United front that all of its guards are fully trained and professional, but I can show you CCTV footage that proves otherwise.

After reporting several incidents to its dysfunctional head quarters which is largely made up of the owners immediate family, they are still repeatedly sending out the same guards who have committed gross misconduct behind the clients back.

That demonstrates what type of deceitful company your dealing with. MAN Commercials contract Managers are just as bad never acting swiftly enough, always ignoring good advice thinking it's ok to behave like this, no wonder they keep getting bad reviews and losing contracts. MANs pathetic response to all critising posts will be this person has never worked for us.
MAN C. – Man Commercial Protection Rep
MAN Commercial have a rigorous training program and all sites are audited regularly along with being subject to supervisory visits along with all guards being supplied with the correct uniform any guards found not to be wearing the uniform - this would be reviewed instantly,
Should you wish to make a formal complaint with regards the comments you've raised above we'd be more than happy to review and investigate the above - please contact our 24 hour control room on 0121 733 8484.
laurene131
June 30th, 2020
MAN C. – Man Commercial Protection Rep
WOW - what a great review!
Thanks so much for such positive feedback Lauren.
We look forward to your continued employment with the company.
sandipp9
October 28th, 2020
A growing number of employment tribunal cases lodged at the court services by employees complaining about missing money in wages.
scottb1160
April 23rd, 2020
I have worked for MAN for 10 years plus and I haven't had any of the issues that some of the reviews are complaining about.
My pension is paid each month, i have my yearly statement from nest which shows the payments, my wages are paid each month without fail, any issues i raise which there have been at times have been dealt with in a timely manner.
During this current crisis the management and HR have been great, the companies work has gone through the roof.
Hi Scott,
What a great review.
Thank you so much for your positive feedback!
gilly1
July 3rd, 2020
I love working at MAN Commercial, both the people that I work with and the people that I work for. The culture is honesty and transparency and delivering what we say we will to the clients whilst working hard and continuously looking to improve the business. I guess that culture is not for everyone but I love it!
What amazing feedback!
We are so pleased to hear that you love working for the company and enjoy our company culture.
Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your continued employment with the company.
simonb201
January 22nd, 2020

Hi Simon,
Thank you for feedback and comments - all calls are recorded and where needed we would by all means provide all members of staff additional training should it be needed.
To enable us to conduct an investigate to your above comments please do feel free to contact our 24 hour control room on 0121 733 8484.
leong74
September 23rd, 2020
Great team to work with, Head office very approachable, Control room are outstanding, give the company a try in my opinion you will struggle to find anything close. In the next 10 years you will see Man Commercial in Infologue top 10.
Hi Leon,
What a great review and such positive comments thanks so much.
Wishing you a long and happy future with MAN Commercial Protection!
leyroyj
August 21st, 2020
Shamefully Man has earned its tight fisted reputation never raising salaries since it started trading 25 years ago. They are still paying £8.72 the bare minimum wage to all of its Door Supervisors, some on the payroll over 10 years. Mobile response £9.25 is a joke for such dangerous work 53p more. A complete insult to all the guards thinking this is a promotional opportunity or a step to building your career as man put it. Count your lucky stars for the governments intervention for introducing small rises, otherwise I guarantee man would have more of its 15% already living in poverty going to the Trussel trust food bank, whilst they fill their greedy pockets with your money.

Looking after staff my back side are you serious man about that. They have demoted more staff than promoted, illegally taking them off jobs in a cunning way to give to favourite married family members breaking employment laws. Even the day shift manager hated the situation warning employees before leaving to work for JLR and often felt embarrassed apologising to staff for the directors unpredictable bad temper behind his back and slamming his fists on the board room table saying ' Do you know who I am ' We even had to move heavy furniture at his house one day and was met with this appalling mean spirited grumpy attitude, not even a cuppa T. He barged past us on the stairs in a narcissistic manner with no intention of helping any of us.
MAN C. – Man Commercial Protection Rep
As you’ll see below, we have a number of previous reviews that state demeaning, false and derogatory comments - we have a previous disgruntled employee placing false and factious reviews on numerous sites continuously and our solicitors are currently dealing with this employee. Should you have a genuine complaint or concern please contact our Head Office where we’d be more than happy to look into this for you.
leroyj178
August 21st, 2020
Man are still paying poor wages after trading for past 25 years. Nobody gets a pay rise. Door Supervisor s on payroll over 10 years not valued at all by this company. A complete Insult to all the guards thinking this new jobs they advertising for mobile response is a promotional opportunities or a great step to building your career with them is a joke. They are paying £9.25 for Dangerous work, you got to use your own car, write reports for 53p an hour more. Any body must realise the company is just not good at looking after its staff and this shows how they like to take the Mickey. They demoted loads of people that's why the dayshift Manager left to work for JLR. He even told us he was not happy with the Directors unpredictable bad temper behind his back apologising and feeling embarrassed. The worst Incident to not forget was when the boss slammed his fists on the table which made us all jump. Do not trust these people they will have you over like all the other reviews are saying. I also worked at the head office for a short time but did not like some of the things I experienced.
brettc119
June 16th, 2020
I recently done some research on MAN & read it's financial public records filed at companies House for 2018 & came across this article printed through insider media.com 13:2: 2020. It's now very apparent that MAN Commercial was in big trouble during 2018 financial year in debt by £67,606 & this explains why they decided to keep hold of employees pension contributions delaying & with-hilding 37 scheduled payments according to the Trust@ NEST Corporation. ( Yes 37 not 1 or 2) This dishonest behaviour was not a mistake or office computer error as they kept saying at the time, even trying to blame NEST.

Suggesting that it was them that lost several bulk payments. Company kept telling lies & spinning untrue stories with no substance, in the hope it could fob off terrified staff asking questions worried about reprisals & losing their jobs. All this money they took out of employees wages never paid across on time was sitting in MAN Commercial Bank account & later used used to offset some of the companies debts.

Arrogantly MAN still deny any involvement & believe their own lies, even when all the evidence is stacked up against them l. I frleel sorry for anybody who got brain washed in believing that this is a well founded company. They have morals lower than a snakes belly & only care about lining its own pockets.

Really thankful for sites like this " sitejabber one of the best platforms on the market to expose rogue traders like MAN Commercial Protection " especially when you can back up your post with uploaded 100% verified articles. Some of this stuff may seem trivial, but when it comes to genuine abuse of power & Bullying, MAN Commercial takes the Jaffa cake in every aspect & you should avoid them never work for them. Company needs to be dismantled by the security industry authority & lose its approved contractor fake status title. MAN Commercial is a bad example of a how a security company should be run with all the dispicable rotten things gone on over the years & still happening today.
Hi Brett,
All of our company records including financial are in fact published on the government website you are correct. Should anyone wish to look into this further they will see your claims above are not the case, however we would love to discuss your review further should you wish to log a formal complaint we can conduct a full and thorough investigation into the above.
MAN Commercial do not accept bullying within the workplace and have taken your comments very seriously.
Please contact our 24 control room on 0121 733 8484.
jasonw782
April 8th, 2020
I think my search for alternative work is going well and come at the right time. Now that MAN are unable to do any festivals or large gathering events such as football stewarding, most of its summer work is going to dry up.

The events industry is a complete right off this year for 2020. That's certainly the feedback I have been given from people who plan all the jobs at head office who have said Glastonbury is cancelled.

It's a real shame because I lived getting paid to listen to music and a free suntan. The boxing venues was ok and working at Star City, but most places are closing down, so this profession is not needed for the foreseeable future and I really hope MAN Commercial Protection don't go bump or is dropped to its knees by all the chaod.

Shops, bars and restaurants can't afford to pay for security services when they are making no money. I remember last time we had a crisis MAN Commercial never paid its staff that worked on the Carrillion building sites, so please be cautious doing loads of hours for them expecting to be paid if a contract goes bust.

My elderly colleague called them today very concerned about self isolating, but MAN ignored him not returning his cal about the coronavirus crisis after anxiously waiting all day long. Then today I noticed they was advertising in a desperate manner for guards to cover extra shifts unprotected at Amazon warehouses.

Don't even be tempted by the measley extra £2 an hour they are offering. Nobody unless stupid is going to risk their health/career just to cover a couple of shifts for MAN who are only in pursuit to make profit. The chances of catching a virus through cross contamination is extremely high because Amazon deals with a lot of parcels.

Be safe and stay at home rather than take any unnecessary risks and good luck for the future.
Hi Jason,
Unforutantely due to current pandemic all public events have come to a holt this year along with certain industries temporarily closing, however during the current pandemic all our workers have been provided alternative work with the correct protective equipment and following government guidelines, due to being key workers the company demand has increased during this period due to supplying staff to Covid testing sites, hospitals. Delivery services and much much more so very sorry to here you feel this way.
Our HR department have worked around the clock to ensure each individual affecting or isolating during the current pandemic were spoken to, our personal touch is something we pride ourselves with being a family run business.
Should you wish to discuss any of your comments further please contact our 24 control room on 0121 733 8484 to allow us to conduct an investigation for you.
mohammedh74
December 10th, 2019
MAN commercial should think long and hard before it starts boasting on social media about winning prestigious contracts. Very foolish and cocky approach in these uncertain times. Security work is a cut throat business with lots of competition and small profit margins. Any thing can happen in 2020 with so many predicted government increases and frozen corporation tax staying at 19%! Minimum wage will 100% rise from £8.21 to £8.75 according to the low pay commission. All security providers as from January 2020 must provide training and pay for compulsory first aid certificates to all new employees on the sia website. Tax, fuel and living cists all expected to dramatically rise. I think a good reshuffle is needed at Head Office same advice they gave to me when they suddenly pulled me off a job without warning thinking they was clever breaching employment laws. It will be interedti g to see how this company copes with all the additional costs coming its way in the new year.
Hello Mohammed,
We would like to look into the above further for you.
To enable us to address your comments please do feel free to contact our 24 hour control room on 0121 733 8484.
seanm478
September 10th, 2019
Its one of those companies that's full of deceit & dishonest practices. Previously caught out fiddling & delaying employee pension contributions 2016/17. Keep your eye on these & you must no way believe or trust a word they say because they are compulsive liars. I've provided copies of credible evidence, so to be absolutely sure showing the old letters we all received from NEST pension providers signed by the manager, saying he reported MAN Commercial Protection Ltd to the Pensions Regulator twice. Loads of scams ongoing with this security firm as employees always complaining about unauthorised deductions in wages with missing shifts & Holiday pay. Makes me think what else they are scheming... See attached letters
craigm373
October 23rd, 2019
Avoid this company lime the plague... I was lucky I got put with a great team. Site manager really nice, colleagues I totally respect.THE only problem was wodking for man commercial, they even gave us a 2p (yes two pence raise) They messed people around with tax codes, also a major worry and scary sad state of affairs was having to chase your employer to pay over your hard earned money that was missing from your retirement pension pot. I hope they lose the contract and my former work friends get a decent company to work for. They are a joke. Avoid at all costs too many problems...
Hi Craig,
Very sorry to hear the above.
Should you wish to discuss this further we'd love to look into this for you please contact our 24 hour control room on 0121 733 8484.
andym312
August 19th, 2019
Man commercial protection are posting fake 5 stars reviews all over the internet to falsely promote the company. I recognised each one by name who all work at their corrupted head office in Solihull. These people only been at company a few weeks persuaded to write iffy reviews not even picked up first months wage slip.Other fake 5 star posts seem to be appearing frequently funny enough after MAN gives out £25 shopping vouchers to its hand picked favourite staff. The company then tries to justify this by saying its a reward for crossing old ladies across the road.Its just another rotten scam and cheating way to manipulate disadvantage d low paid staff.
peterc450
July 23rd, 2019
I hope others can be spared anything to do with this company after the experiences I've had with them. Trying to learn a new job on a busy site was a nightmare. The guard supposedly training me was giving me all the wrong advice thinking I was taking his job. Kept saying I was unsuitable and the managers are watching me on CCTV. By the end of my half day training ing I was a bag of nerves desperate to go home, never ever wanting to return.
mohammedm68
May 27th, 2019
I've been left in astonishment by MAN, s attitude towards our site and our employees. The staff at their head office and the director have left a very negative lasting impression on us. Following notification of termination MAN refused to provide basic TUPE information during the tender stage and wanted the guards to pay £50 each for their personal file. We tried a few times to sort the problem out with their HR department, but they did not acknowledge our complaint. When the contract ended the director rang me up expressing his disappointment. I was very sincere with him and told him about the problems we had experienced and he put the phone down on me. Makes me wonder and question a lot of things about them including dodgy reviews they keep putting on the internet all with the sane words either ' I have worked or it's great company.
bobs604
February 2nd, 2019
Be warned MAN Commercial has one of the worst administration departments messing up staffs wages and short changing employees pension payments. I've had nothing but trouble with this company during my time. They have caused me untold stress having to chase them constantly for large amounts of money that they owed me. I would not be able to say this is a good company or refer them as a satisfactory reliable firm after experiencing so many negative untrustworthy things. They push away good staff because they treat them so badly. I am glad other people have come forward because they are getting away with outrageous behaviour. For many reasons they have also left a very negative lasting impression on me and this reflects how I feel about them and my reasons for such a bad honest review.
MAN C. – Man Commercial Protection Rep

Questions? Get answers from the Man Commercial Protection staff and other customers.

MAN C.
Typically responds within 12 days

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Man Commercial Protection?

Have a question about Man Commercial Protection?