Mackeeper.zeobit reviews

Sunnyvale, California 94085, United States
Tel: +1 339-222-5134

rickw16
4/25/14

I am not sure how well it actually protects your mac, but I find the cleanup options highly useful. Moreover, it has a nice scredder function. However, it feels like it slows down my mac AND - its ads are super annoying.

marcs2
8/9/12

MacKeeper took a bad situation and made it worse. If you enjoy taking the time to reinstall Microsoft Office and lord knows what other applications that MacKeeper destroys, then definitely try this software. Maybe you're looking for an excuse for not getting a project done or you're a masochist.

Maybe you hate your Mac. As for me, I was just stupid.

My MacBook Pro has been behaving poorly. It seems to be getting hotter than it should, and it crashes in a certain way. First I tried Sophos Free Anti-Virus for Mac. Sophos claimed to have found and removed a few nasty virus-like things. Yay!

But my MacBook Pro was still behaving poorly. So I made my first mistake. I clicked on one of the ubiquitous ads for MacKeeper that are everywhere. Why did I reward them for such an annoying ad campaign? Because they got a good review on cnet, and I like and trust cnet. So I downloaded MacKeeper's free trial software.

While MacKeeper was running the first time, Sophos tried to download an update. The two pieces of software wouldn't let each other finish either job, and my computer stalled in a different way than it has previously. The active symbol on MacKeeper and the downloading symbol on Sophos both kept on going for a very long time but otherwise the computer was frozen. Then I made my second mistake. I restarted my computer, prevented Sophos downloading, and kept trusting MacKeeper after it had stalled my computer once.

MacKeeper didn't find any additional viruses that Sophos had missed. No big deal there. When it claimed to have found and removed a bunch of unneeded files, I thought that maybe one of the files it had removed was causing an unwanted process that made my computer heat up and crash. So when MacKeeper requested my payment to continue removing more unnecessary files, I shelled out the dough. That was my third mistake. After a paid-for MacKeeper was finally done its scan, it seemed to have removed a huge number of unneeded files.

Some of these unneeded files were needed.

I discovered after MacKeeper's first full scan that all my Microsoft Office applications were dead. After three live chats with customer service, we had this exchange:

Joseph: are you able to reinstall Office?
Me: I am hoping to avoid having to do that.
Joseph: to be honest it will be easiest solution. just don't use mackeeper again before we answer you what exact caused your problem

I am not alone. See https://www.google.com/search?q=+site:answers.microsoft.com+mackeeper+microsoft for the complaints to microsoft. Why aren't there complaints on MacKeeper's site about it crashing Office? I don't know, but I have my suspicions.

Questions? Get answers from the Mackeeper.zeobit staff and other customers.

Mackeeper.zeobit?