LaptopsDirect.co.uk reviews

Huddersfield, WYORK HD2, GB
Tel: 0871 971 0005

kenr144
12/19/18
My husband called this company twice about his phone which was faulty. We were charged £3.00 the first time and almost £6.00 the second time for something that was their fault. What a ripped off! The phone might not have cost too much and my husband is pleased with it now it is fixed but charging .13p a minute to contact them is awful particularly as it was a fault. BEWARE!!!
leem225
12/17/18
Cancelled my order as they claim they ran out of stock. Checked the website and its available at a higher price! I had to call them numerous times to find out what was going on. They lied about the real reason, it was an error, they lied about calling me back, they lied about the refund. Refunded immediately once I called Amazon payments. Trading standards are now involved. Avoid this cowboy company at all costs. You have been warned
malcolms21
12/29/16
Ordered a laptop, headphones and a bag on the 24th December.

Got email on 27th , package is on way and another today (28th) package will be delivered between 8am and 6pm.

Waited in all day then package arrives, no laptop in package.

Phoned the *******081 number (13p per min) to be connected to never ending dance music, with no indication of how long connection to an agent may take.

I actually think they deliberately create problems for the customer so they are forced to dial their extortionate numbers to seek assistance.

Why else would a retailer charge 13p per min to assist their customers? Clearly they are profiting from leaving customers hanging on for as long as possible on their lines.
johnv95
2/16/16
I tried to return a laptop having read "no quibble returns" only to find the no quibble was going to cost me 10% plus up to £20 postage as I had ordered it under a company name and they would have to open it to make sure it was OK even though it was still sealed!!!
No quibble taking it back but be prepared to get stung!!
Customer service didn't give a monkeys, poor service and definitely won't use again!!
matheww13
2/17/15
If you're a business user, don't touch Laptopsdirect.co.uk with a barge pole. I placed my order for 8GB of RAM for my MacBook Pro and immediately realised I'd made a mistake upon receipt of the goods.. rather than two 4GB sticks, I'd accidentally ordered 1 8GB stick.. an innocent error...

But upon calling their 10p a minute 'customer service' helpline (which, in itself should be done for trades descriptions), I was told with complete disinterest that they would not accept the return or exchange of my incorrect order as I was a business... They couldn't care less about retaining a happy, satisfied customer.. nope.. they had my money - and a little extra for calling their premium rate phone line and that was good enough for them.

So now, as a sole trader who works extremely hard for his money, I'm left with a useless stick of expensive Ram memory that I'll have to try and peddle myself on Ebay.

Companies who operate like this do not deserve your trade.. go elsewhere.

FOLLOW-UP - TWO WEEKS LATER (Feb 17th)
So, after posting this review, and later seeing further negative reviews had appeared online, I noted I had not received the stock reply here from 'Liam' as others had, however, I had received the same reply from him via my message to LaptopsDirect on their Facebook page... I had replied there and been ignored until I messaged again today asking if it was lip service or if they actually escalated these matters...

Well, to my surprise, I have just received a phone call from a slightly nervous sounding gentlemen with regard to my order.. who initially asked me if it was still sealed in it's packaging, which I explained it was.. completely unopened and untouched, resalable quite easily... Then I got the story of how it was now discontinued by them and how they had purchased it directly from their supplier and how they themselves would not be able to get a credit note for it.. and how they didn't want their business (which boasts over 1,000,000 customers on their website) wouldn't want to be out of pocket just as I - a sole trader - wouldn't wish to be out of pocket.

I suppose I should show some sympathy for a company with so many customers (about 10% of whom also experience lousy service going by the statistics on this page) and who would rather leave me out of pocket and more than a little disenfranchised than possibly risk maintaining a happy customer, who spends a fair amount of money on hardware each year... Good move there LTD!

I'm not entirely sure what the point of their phone call was to me today.. if it was to rub salt in the wound, it was successful. I am no longer disgruntled, I am now outright fuming.

So, I repeat.. and shall continue to repeat on each and every review website I can find online;

DO NOT SHOP WITH LAPTOPS DIRECT AS A BUSINESS CUSTOMER.

Tip for consumers: Don't.

williamm15
11/11/10
The following applies. Order placed 18th October - payment including express delivery processed - Order acknowledged and stock confirmed - Advised that laptop was despatched.After nine days was informed that there was no stock and no equivalent offer was possible. Refund of £388.58 agreed.TWENTY TWO DAYS later in spite of various promises NO REFUND APPLICABLE. Non response to calls and e messages have left me totally disgusted. Ethics of this company questionable.

Questions? Get answers from the LaptopsDirect.co.uk staff and other customers.

LaptopsDirect.co.uk?