Khan Academy

Khan Academy has a consumer rating of 3.79 stars from 48 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Khan Academy also ranks 3rd among Math sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 33.3%
How would you rate Khan Academy?

“Free and easy to use. Good for studying.”

Ryan H.
5/9/20

If you're trying to learn things because you missed school that day, or you just want to review some things, this is a pretty good site. The videos are pretty easy to follow, and the interface is easy to navigate and find what you need. Though, I wouldn't suggest using it as the only source you're going to use. It's not the best, but better than many other sites. (Teachers, if you're reading this, use Khan Academy instead of the dumpster fire that is Edgenuity. Just don't make your students use Edgenuity.)

“This place sucks”

Alex H.
4/22/20

My dad made me do Khan Academy because i was 4 parallel universes ahead of everybody and i wasn't doing enough work for online school. I signed up for GRADE SIX math and the first question they ask me is duh, what's 5+3. Another thing is you cannot restart quizzes. I accidentally pressed the wrong button and checked because that's what i always do and i had to do the rest of the quiz! Without all these fixes i cannot say Khan Academy is a good learning website for any reason at all.

marziyak
January 10th, 2020
Khan is said to teach math, they do give math problems and videos yet they don't explain it that well, and its not "fun" or in other words, we kids don't really want to play on it due to it being just math and nothing else, no fun! I would not recommend this for people who like fun in education but I would for those who just want to study study study and have there mind just set on the one task: master this skill. 3/5,1 point for encouragement and the other point for explaining.
nonen27
April 29th, 2020
It's not that bad but not that good. I mean I've seen worse learning sites that rip you off while Khan Academy is free. Sometimes I think that Sal is loquacious about things such as Math and History, but it has a free Pre-SAT test there for you to practice.
bridgetl1
September 20th, 2014
I used to love khanacademy, I thought it finally made math fun. But after a while, it got kind of old, and it wasn't as much fun. The graphics and site quality is really good. But some of the problem wording is really confusing, and some of it just isn't that engaging. I'm guessing a majority of people will disagree with me, but I just didnt think that it stayed interesting after you saw it for a while.
michaela64
May 21st, 2013
They aren't to bad but every time I look for what I need help with they don't have what I am looking for.
3 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

It is not a solution designed for exams. Exam preparation is a whole different world. You need to consider that at Khan academy the information is not arranged in a way to fulfill all the criteria in SAT. It is helpful to illustrate some baffling points, especially in math, but one must not limit one's self to the content of Khan Academy.

By Shiori K.

There is an old adage in education, that 'Spaced' learning is more effective than 'Clumped' learning. Waiting for the next Mastery challenge teaches patience, allows you to practice more skills in the dashboard, so the mastery challenges have more to do assessment on, and as you note, ensure that the concepts are transferring from short-term, to long term memory in your brain.

By Grant H.

It does not help whatsoever. My son's grades in fact went down after his school enlisted him to participate in this program.

By Elon M.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Khan Academy staff and other customers.

Non-profile that offers free online education courses on just about every subject from computer science and math, to history and SAT test preparation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Khan Academy?

Have a question about Khan Academy?