Khan Academy

Khan Academy has a consumer rating of 3.69 stars from 58 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Khan Academy most frequently mention high school. Khan Academy ranks 7th among Math sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 35.3%
How would you rate Khan Academy?

“Very helpful”

ethna B.
11/30/20

I've been using Khan academy since grade 9 and it has always been easier to understand and more helpful than any of my teachers where. I really appreciate its free and if I had the money to donate or subscribe I would. All you need is your personal initiative to do well and some focus. These videos helped a lot!

“This place sucks”

Alex H.
4/22/20

My dad made me do Khan Academy because i was 4 parallel universes ahead of everybody and i wasn't doing enough work for online school. I signed up for GRADE SIX math and the first question they ask me is duh, what's 5+3. Another thing is you cannot restart quizzes. I accidentally pressed the wrong button and checked because that's what i always do and i had to do the rest of the quiz! Without all these fixes i cannot say Khan Academy is a good learning website for any reason at all.

jackd554
November 30th, 2020

Will draw the answers to all of your questions with his crayons, but very few of them will be of any use.

alext555
October 7th, 2020

Khan Academy is ok but the directions arent really explaining that much to me and I keep getting the answers wrong because of the bad directions. Sal khan Needs to fix this site and subjects

sarahj674
August 6th, 2020

Don't do khan academy because you have to pay when you want to sign up. But it is free to schools and that's the only thing that's good. And if you want to get untill 100% you have to do itagain. And if you get questions wrong, then you have to do it over again that stresses me out.

mikhaelaa
December 4th, 2020

Its so BORINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG ITS LIKE SO LONG ALTHO IT IS INFORMATIVE to informative like for real

khanhaterm
April 28th, 2019

Khan Academy could be a very helpful website if we could tweak a few things. First, once a person mastered a skill it should STAY mastered. I would suggest teaching the subject before you try to do it and take kids averages down. And DUMP AND DITCH Sal! He has a lazy way of talking that is hard for kids to pay attention too him and his handwriting could use improvement. This was NOT intended to be mean review but SERIOUSLY MAN no one wants to listen to you talk for 10 hours!

barbrak3
July 19th, 2017

Khan Academy is definetly a step up from IXL (tip: NEVER USE IXL). But it is not a big step up from IXL. I got really mad because I put in the wrong LETTER, and I ended up getting it completely wrong. Didn't know we were judging english errors in a math section. Another thing; Khan Academy is really confusing. The dashboard has so many features and so much crap, that I lost what I was doing and I cannot find my homepage. Oh, and in the end of your session, they give you a rating on how you did. Its like saying "Hey! You got 43%, you're almost halfway to being as smart as your dog who is licking its butthole right now!". Super encouraging (sarcastic vioce activate). Someone please make an OK math website. Khan Academy has lots of problems and I do not want to keep sitting through this. I agree with@Reba F.

3 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

There is an old adage in education, that 'Spaced' learning is more effective than 'Clumped' learning. Waiting for the next Mastery challenge teaches patience, allows you to practice more skills in the dashboard, so the mastery challenges have more to do assessment on, and as you note, ensure that the concepts are transferring from short-term, to long term memory in your brain.

By Grant H.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Khan Academy staff and other customers.

Non-profile that offers free online education courses on just about every subject from computer science and math, to history and SAT test preparation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Khan Academy?

Have a question about Khan Academy?