Khan Academy

Khan Academy has a consumer rating of 3.83 stars from 47 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Khan Academy also ranks 2nd among Math sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 41.7%
How would you rate Khan Academy?

“Free and easy to use. Good for studying.”

Ryan H.
5/9/20

If you're trying to learn things because you missed school that day, or you just want to review some things, this is a pretty good site. The videos are pretty easy to follow, and the interface is easy to navigate and find what you need. Though, I wouldn't suggest using it as the only source you're going to use. It's not the best, but better than many other sites. (Teachers, if you're reading this, use Khan Academy instead of the dumpster fire that is Edgenuity. Just don't make your students use Edgenuity.)

“This place sucks”

Alex H.
4/22/20

My dad made me do Khan Academy because i was 4 parallel universes ahead of everybody and i wasn't doing enough work for online school. I signed up for GRADE SIX math and the first question they ask me is duh, what's 5+3. another thing is you cannot restart quizzes. i accidentally pressed the wrong button and checked because that's what i always do and i had to do the rest of the quiz! Without all these fixes i cannot say Khan Academy is a good learning website for any reason at all.

khanhaterm
April 28th, 2019
Khan Academy could be a very helpful website if we could tweak a few things. First, once a person mastered a skill it should STAY mastered. I would suggest teaching the subject before you try to do it and take kids averages down. And DUMP AND DITCH Sal!!!!!! He has a lazy way of talking that is hard for kids to pay attention too him and his handwriting could use improvement. This was NOT intended to be mean review but SERIOUSLY MAN no one wants to listen to you talk for 10 hours!!!!!!!
barbrak3
July 19th, 2017
Khan Academy is definetly a step up from IXL (tip:NEVER USE IXL). But it is not a big step up from IXL. I got really mad because I put in the wrong LETTER, and I ended up getting it completely wrong. Didn't know we were judging english errors in a math section. Another thing; Khan Academy is really confusing. The dashboard has so many features and so much crap, that I lost what I was doing and I cannot find my homepage. Oh, and in the end of your session, they give you a rating on how you did. Its like saying "Hey! You got 43%, you're almost halfway to being as smart as your dog who is licking its butthole right now!". Super encouraging (sarcastic vioce activate).Someone please make an OK math website. Khan Academy has lots of problems and I do not want to keep sitting through this. I agree with @Reba F.
3 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

It is not a solution designed for exams. Exam preparation is a whole different world. You need to consider that at Khan academy the information is not arranged in a way to fulfill all the criteria in SAT. It is helpful to illustrate some baffling points, especially in math, but one must not limit one's self to the content of Khan Academy.

By Shiori K.

There is an old adage in education , that 'Spaced' learning is more effective than 'Clumped' learning. Waiting for the next Mastery challenge teaches patience, allows you to practice more skills in the dashboard, so the mastery challenges have more to do assessment on, and as you note, ensure that the concepts are transferring from short-term, to long term memory in your brain.

By Grant H.

It does not help whatsoever. My son's grades in fact went down after his school enlisted him to participate in this program.

By Elon M.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Khan Academy staff and other customers.

non-profile that offers free online education courses on just about every subject from computer science and math, to history and SAT test preparation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Khan Academy?

Have a question about Khan Academy?