Review of Ken Rockwell

paypal@kenrockwell.com

jrj9
JR J.
4/4/18

I used to visit Ken Rockwell's website frequently in the past. Especially when it was Nikon oriented (many years ago) He was critical, and I bought what he recommended. But I've seen him shifting his judgement on specific lenses very often (from bad to really good). Following Ken Rockwell did cost me money
(I know, my own mistake :-)

Nowadays Ken Rockwell is nothing more than an ordinary 13 in a dozen advertisement site. "But this one, I did!" . He's getting very lazy. Limited, standard copy and paste reviews. You hardly see any decent photography either. Come on, look at the ugly brownisch colours of the interiors he photographs...

But It used to be a fun site in the past, long ago... And the old reviews might still come in handy. Maybe he can retire from his earnings, I don't know, I hope so :-)
Otherwise I think it is an ending story...

peters131
7/21/14

I've read Ken Rockwell's reviews on just about every piece of photo equipment that I've purchased over the years. I don't agree with everything he says, but he gives pretty good advice. If I am looking at a piece of equipment to buy I read every review that I can find, not just Ken's. I appreciate that there are entrepreneurs out there in the world of photography that are willing to share there expertise...For Free! Thanks Ken.

skabbyj
8/1/13

Ken is kinda filled with a bunch of hot air. Some of it is tongue-in-cheek (like "best camera ever made" about a relatively ho-hum camera he likes for a dumb reason)
It's ok information if you don't take it too seriously- However, many people think in absolutist terms.
The BS about "free digital camera" is stupid (he's talking film cameras, neglecting the cost of film and processing)
He'll nix a camera if it cannot use a lens made in 1972, but he'll ignore the fact that it has 10 other horrible features. His photography is totally cheezy. His choice of automobiles speaks volumes. probably compensating for his small penis.

chrism22
6/26/13

This is an excellent site. The informatoin is free and he does give a lot of good opinions about a multitude of optics products. The site has a TON of info and it's free. The site survives on DONATIONS for crying out loud! How many people feel compelled enough to simply donate money after reading free information? Apparently a lot because the site has been around for a long time.

Ken Rockwell is a guy who has a passion for cameras and optics and has dozens of reviews for these types of products. The reason I found kenrockwell.com is because I've been searching for a new DSLR. 90% of the sites I've found review just features of the camera, so 90% of the sites say the same exact thing; a feature is a feature is a feature, it doesn't change between sites. Other than consumer reviews on amazon and other such places, there are very few expert review sites that give opinions about actual products instead of just reviewing features. I'm not sure what the other reviewer was talking about, this is a great site.

daisys
6/29/09

when i first started reading about and learning about DSLR cameras, this guys site would pop up a lot in search engines. At first I thought it was usefull because he had a lot of reviews about things I was looking at. But the more I read his reviews the more I started to really dislike his website. He rarely has anything good to say about any product. I have yet to read a real review instead just his opinion which I don't really care for. Someone please crash his site so it will stop popping up in search engines!!!!

Questions? Get answers from the Ken Rockwell staff and other customers.

Ken Rockwell?