Review of KelbyOne

info@kelbyone.com
2017 Customer choice award

jond160
7/19/18

It's learning at your own pace from a variety of great teachers, and interesting subjects! Whether it's photography lighting, post processing, and for me especially, skin retouching, I enjoy all of my classes.

Response from Jacqueline J., KelbyOne Representative
Hey Jon, thanks for the wonderful review. We’re pleased to hear that you’re learning so much. KelbyOne is dedicated to teaching our members how to take the pictures they’ve always dreamed of. If you haven’t entered already, we’d love to see your work in our latest member challenge. Entries are still being accepted at community.kelbyone.com/c/member-challenges.
timw274
7/18/18

Thanks to Scott and all the instructors at KelbyOne, I have come from someone who really didn't know much about photography to a confident person who has the confidence and knowledge to go out and capture great photos that I would have been able to do if it was not for the knowledge I gained at KelbyOne. Not only photography but also post editing in Photoshop CC. Thank you once again everyone at KelbyOne.
Tim Wolfgram
Toronto, Ontario.

Response from Jacqueline J., KelbyOne Representative
Hi Tim, thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are delighted that you’ve chosen KelbyOne to help you on your creative journey. Don’t forget we are more than just your photography education resource. Our Community is a great place to connect, network with, and befriend your fellow KelbyOne members and even your favorite instructors. Hope to see you there!
beam20
7/18/18

Love everything about it. The video are very educational, excellent help desk, awesome discounts and so much more. I have been a member for a long time and will continue to be one.

Response from Jacqueline J., KelbyOne Representative
Bea, we're so happy to have members like you. Thanks for the awesome review and feedback. Make sure you check out the community and get involved with your fellow members!
chrisb805
7/18/18

I visit the site about 4 times a week for a good hour each time. There is a wealth of information & guidance there. It is surprising what you find & what it leads you to. Everything is well explained and well illustrated. Get a little frustrated at times but that's my fault for not living in the USA just the good old UK! New stuff regularly appears and the quality is maintained. The 2 magazines, for Photoshop & Lightroom respectively, have excellent and varied content, usually bang up-to-date plus you have access to their archives so you can follow threads back to their sources. Lessons are very good, at a gentle pace & often with the exact class materials so you can work along with them. Very happy, will definitely renew in November & difficult to suggest improvements, only let's have more plus more time in the week to absorb it.

Response from Jacqueline J., KelbyOne Representative
Aw, you’re so sweet, Chris! Thanks for the kind review and thanks for being a part of the KelbyOne gang—we love that you’ve chosen us to help you on your creative journey. Don’t be a stranger and if you haven’t already, don’t be afraid to check out the Community where you can meet other artists like yourself and chat with KelbyOne Instructors!
brigittel9
7/17/18

Living on the small island KelbyOne is like a window to the world, a great tool to connect with other photographers and be connected. I'm a food and travel photographer and writer, I use to travel a lot, work for magazines and books, well, sometimes I work in a team with authors and chefs but most of the time on my own. So every creative input is very welcome and it feels good to be part of the KelbyOne community. Thanks and congrats, and keep up the great work!

Response from Jacqueline J., KelbyOne Representative
Brigitte, we love that you’re enjoying your KelbyOne experience. That makes us REALLY happy! Thanks for the feedback and don’t forget to enter your work for a chance to be featured in a solo show at The Gallery at KelbyOne.
loisn13
7/17/18

I was thinking about leaving Kelby One but I have enjoyed downloading the courses and watching them offline at camp and have been so impressed with the new offerings that I decided to continue. Great job!

alanb255
7/17/18

KelyOne is OK but nothing special. Many of the courses are dumbed down to the point of ridiculous. Paying to learn things that should be common sense. Most of these are focussed on family/baby photographers and are hosted by the same. Pure drivel. The forums are (as most are) populated by so called experts who have clearly had limited success in photographic endeavours. As is often the case, those who shout the loudest are often the ones with the least to offer. Simply run down portfolios for these people down and it's very apparent they should be listening more than pontificating. Lots of opinions from this crowd but per other commentators, often bully newer members and in some cases course instructors - it's quite pathetic. Would be nice to see some professional photographers moderating these resources - get rid of the 'volunteers'.

There are however some real gems within the KelbyOne ecosystem. Chris Knight, Lindsey Adler, Jeremy Cowart, Jay Maisel and others have contributed to some great content. Deep and meaningful learning here. Hopefully Kelby will start to favour quality over quantity.

I've always felt that pro and amateur alike benefit from listening to a pro speak/present. Amateurs offering some half-baked classes may appeal to amateurs who don't know any better but KelbyOne alienates the pro market when adding this type of course content.

Scott Kelby's PS and LR content is also quite good and has made me better at what I do.

Response from Jacqueline J., KelbyOne Representative
Hi Alan, we appreciate your review and helpful feedback. We offer a wide variety of courses for amateurs all the way up to pros. Additionally, the resources that come with being a KelbyOne Pro member, the discounts, the Community, toolkits, etc. are useful to those who have managed to watch all 700+ courses. We encourage our pro members to submit their portfolio for a chance at a gallery.
tonneb
7/17/18

It's about time to raise the resolution to at least 2k if not 4k. 1k is a bit low on my 4k 27" monitor. Some of the courses are a bit old too and ought to be updated.

Response from Jacqueline J., KelbyOne Representative
Hi Tonne, thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, we're so pleased to have you as a member. We have been adding a new course every week for the last several years. As technology improves so does our video quality. Many of the older classes offer valuable information and some of them have been updated. For instance, we are always the first to release a course when Adobe does Lightroom updates. Scott Kelby is always on top of it so our members don't have to search anywhere else for help with the updates. We look forward to interacting with you more in the community.
johnm2199
7/17/18

I started with NAPP which was one of "The" best sites for learning photoshop. When Kelbyone incorporated it to their site they forgot about photoshop and switched to photography. Photoshop is a lot more than just editing photos and has a lot more potential.

The only Time I benefit from this site is when the magazine is published as they have some tutorials for PPS in it.

Response from Jacqueline J., KelbyOne Representative
Hi John, thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. If you're looking for Photoshop classes on more than just photo editing I would suggest checking out our latest course by Dave Clayton "Dave's Top 25 Photoshop Tips for Designers." Viktor Fejes and Dave Cross also offer a variety of courses for designers and on Photoshop beyond just photo editing. If you have any questions don't hesitate to reach out via the community or customer support.
adamr163
7/17/18

I've spent years working on this craft. Without question the best place to learn more about EVERYTHING having to do with photography. The first place I turn when I need to learn how to use a flash, shoot a wedding, photograph babies, use the latest features in Lightroom, improve my business, my website, my skills.

Response from Jacqueline J., KelbyOne Representative
You’re making us blush over here with all your sweet talk! Thanks so much for the kind review. If you ever have any questions or suggestions, don’t be afraid to reach out!
joev96
7/16/18

I've been very pleased with the membership to Kelby One. I'm an amateur at best but continue to learn from many of the topics that are available. For the most part there is always an existing or up and coming topic that I can take from. In addition Scott and the rest of the crew keep them very interesting, easy to understand and packed with information. Best informative site and best value for your buck I think. Only thing I wish for is more availability of member input for desired topics. Maybe there is and I just haven't found out how to request yet? Boy I would love to have two hours of Scott Kelby's time.....he really is enjoyable to listen to and learn from! Keep up the good work!

Response from Jacqueline J., KelbyOne Representative
We love that you’re enjoying your KelbyOne experience. That makes us REALLY happy! Thanks for the feedback and don’t forget to submit your work in our latest member challenge.
alg77
7/16/18

Get the yearly subscription and you will save $$$!
So much better than buying individual lessons.
Scott Kelby has a great sense of humor and keeping it real at the same time...
From beginners to professional photographers, it's all here at Kelby One.

Response from Jacqueline J., KelbyOne Representative
Hey Al, thanks for giving us a great review. It’s our mission to encourage you and photographers everywhere to create the best images you possibly can. We are genuinely happy to have you as a KelbyOne member.
arthurd53
7/16/18

I had taken photos before but not with the understanding I have now. I rely on and revisit KelbyOne courses to improve my Photography. I had little experience with Lightroom and Photoshop. Now I feel I have a good understanding of how to use these powerful tools. If I forget how to do something I just refer back to my bookmarked courses and refresh my memory. The KelbyOne courses have given me the confidence to experiment and push my photography further than ever. Thank you to all the instructors

Response from Jacqueline J., KelbyOne Representative
Hi Arthur, we appreciate your review. It’s always a pleasure hearing how we’ve inspired our members to create beautiful images. Make sure you keep an eye out for the next KelbyOne Gallery. We’d love to see your body of work, and who knows, maybe you’ll be the next featured photographer. Good luck!
alonzog6
7/16/18

kelbyone is my goto resource for learning everything photography related. keep up the good work! The videos are top notch and it is great you can go back over and over again.

Response from Jacqueline J., KelbyOne Representative
Hi there, thanks for the review. We’re glad you’re enjoying the classes. Don’t forget to check back every Thursday for the new online course.
johns3079
7/16/18

KelbyOne is always putting out new, relevant, and detailed training on all of the issues we need to know as photographers and designers. The site has continued to evolve and is so much better now. It is always a pleasure to go there for great information.

Response from Jacqueline J., KelbyOne Representative
John, you’re making us blush over here with all your sweet talk! Thanks so much for the kind review. If you ever have any questions or suggestions, don’t be afraid to reach out!
alexandrag19
6/16/17

No support for members who are bullied on their community forum. I was bullied for several months by two moderators, and KelbyOne sided with the bullies.

Tip for consumers: Start with the class called "Beginners Start Here" if you are new to photography. It is a great introductory class, and will help you get started without overwhelming you.

douglasw27
Douglas W.
12/16/16

I got two months free when I bought software, they charged me the third month, I canceled and tried to get the refund. They would not give me the refund. Poor business. Not customer friendly. Bad business practices.

joex5
Joe X.
7/8/16

I've been taking professional headshots for years in the tech world. I recently stumbled across Kelbyone, more specifically the Beautiful Headshots course. It gave me tips on lighting, positioning, and photo editing. It has changed the way I take my photos and my clients are very happy with the results! Completely worth it!

jimp89
4/17/16

Do NOT subscribe to KelbyOne, especially if youre a Photoshop enthusiast. When Scott Kelby began the switch from the National Association of Photoshop Professionals (NAPP his former company), he worked his staff at a frenzied pace to develop every module possible for the new KelbyOne site. When he had extracted every ounce of their genius, he fired them outright, and then told his subscribers that they were merely reclassified as contractors. He assured his subscribers that they would be still be contributing the same video tutorials that the end-users had always enjoyed. To date, not one of the previous employees has posted anything, and they are all establishing their own businesses to make a living since they were so crassly dismissed.
There are far more resources available on-line or even at your local library to hone your Photoshop and photography skills rather than add one more dollar of profit to such a callous individual.

karenf83
Karen F.
3/9/16

I can't tell you how many times I've recommended Kelbyone to my photographer friends looking to take their skills to the next level. Their courses are affordable and extremely helpful. The instructors are all well educated in their fields. You can never go wrong with a course from Kelbyone.

mariaq19
Maria Q.
3/2/16

As a beginner photographer I really needed some training in photo editing that I could do on my own time. Kelbyone fit the bill. I was able to watch tutorials on all important aspects of editing portrait photography. It opened up a whole new world to me inside photoshop that I never knew existed. I found Kelbyone very useful.

roberty27
Robert Y.
1/27/16

...aren't the easiest to learn. You definitely need some training to get a handle on them. Enter Kelbyone. They have affordable tutorials for photoshop, web design and video editing. I felt like they helped me get a grip on the Adobe family of products.

lisat124
Lisa T.
1/17/16

I'M A SELF PRONOUNCED FOODIE AND I'VE BEEN WANTING TO START PHOTOGRAPHING FOOD MORE PROFESSIONALLY TO GO ALONG WITH MY BLOG POSTS. I FOUND KELBYONE TO BE THE RIGHT PLACE TO FIND AN ONLINE CLASS ON JUST THE SUBJECT. GREAT COURSE WITH AN AWESOME INSTRUCTOR. I'VE ALREADY STARTED USING THE SKILLS I LEARNED AND I BELIEVE ITS REALLY TAKEN MY BLOG TO THE NEXT LEVEL.

barbaraj51
Barbara J.
12/25/15

....this was the course I took on Kelbyone. It was SO helpful! I've been slowly starting my own baby photography business and this course helped push me in the right direction. From lighting techniques to creating the right atmosphere in your home. I can't wait to take the second course!

lisaw194
Lisa W.
8/8/15

I was able to learn photoshop easily with Kelbyone. The tutorials are super easy to follow. It was worth every penny!

32 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Hi Derek, Yes, on the KelbyOne app you can download as many classes as your device can hold. This will allow you to watch the course offline. Just hit the download button on the course page. If you have any questions don't hesitate to reach out. Customer support can be reached at 1-813-433-5000, we're here from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm ET.

By Jacqueline J., KelbyOne Representative
Questions? Get answers from the KelbyOne staff and other customers.

KelbyOne?