Review of JacksonHewitt

Tel: 1-800-234-1040
larry.boyd@jtax.com

lonid1
4/18/16

1. Terrible customer service follow up!!! RUN, DON'T WALK in the other direction

Typically I would prepare my own taxes as I am a tax preparer and paralegal. Due to some business expenses I had throughout the year I sought advice from what I believed to be a reputable tax service. BOY WAS I EVER WRONG. All I can tell you is this. RUN AS FAST AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN FROM JACKSON HEWITT!!

I had them complete my tax return, of which I did not receive a complete copy of any of my schedules, I walked away with only a copy of my 1040. I had to wait 5 weeks to download a copy of my "paperwork" from their "server". Good times! I was advised from the IRS that I WAS BEING AUDITED...DUE TO DISCREPANCIES ON MY RETURN. I can only imagine it was due to the perfect job that JH did...However, they do not provide you with a copy of what they send to the IRS. Nice, huh? Like I said, do not place any trust in this tax service. I contacted them to get help. That was no use, either over the phone or in person. I used the Central Florida service affiliates, which are privately owned and operated, I think they believe that they are untouchable and above the law because of this. Jeanette Stiers is the owner of this area and is just awful at providing any type of relief for the customer in any of the Central Florida stores, this is too bad because there is great potential here for thriving business,

I still have not resolved the problems that were created in my tax return by JH with the IRS. It is ongoing. Please be advised that you are better off seeking the advise of a trained TAX ADVISER OR USING AN ONLINE TAX SOFTWARE program. The questions I had...I already had the answers...I should have known and filed myself, it would have saved me a ton of grief and money...they charged me 645 for the "service".

Again, I am using the Better Business Bureau for resolution. I have not had any luck so far. I will keep you posted with my BBB complaint.

2. If you can... prepare your taxes through the IRS or other ONLINE TAX SOFTWARE...
I really should have known better, I could have answered the questioned I had myself. Looked them up online. Called a colleague. $#*!. How dumb!
Listen!! If you need help with a tax question, do not go to JACKSON HEWITT!!!!!

3. if it boils down to you needing a question answered, I will try to help you. Just reply to my post here. Okay?

4. Turbo Tax is AWESOME!! It walks you through most of the day-to day tax issues and typically will answer 99% of the questions., only sometimes if you have a small business like me, will you have those quirky questions. (and have to pay for the service...it is worth the 70 bucks!!!)

michaela130
4/13/15

Initially, way back when, my mother and I filed with H & R Block. They were nice and I liked their coffee. However, I was young back then and didn't know the ins and outs of taxes and always scoffed at how much my simplistic filing cost me for I didn't make all that much either. Since the 1990's and up until last year, I filed my own taxes. Totally accurate and legal! No problems there. Then a storm came into my life and things have become rather chaotic at best. I could not direct deposit my return since I no longer had a bank account or any feasible way to receive my money. I also needed rather quickly as well. Tried to go to H & R this year, but they can no longer do 'rapid refund' anymore. Their services did include getting a debit card for the return, but I would have to wait for the card and the return would take another three to four weeks to finally process. Simply didn't have enough time to do that, so I went to Jackson Hewitt. The tax consultant was very nice and accommodating. She then went over my paperwork and asked many imperative questions. After going through that, the lady found a deserved deduction for me and it resulted in the distribution of much more than I figured. About three times what I figured personally. That was terrific!

The service was great, I felt at ease with the people there, the office was nice and clean, easy to get to and no great waiting periods nor hassles. They set me up with extras, such as a $50 WalMart gift card, which was very useful since I have had spring cleaning to perform. The money helped me get back on track and afford very little, yet welcomed, extras, though nothing fancy.

Jackson Hewitt has it 'going on'!

Thanks for so much!

jaimer6
3/16/15

I made an appointment online for my taxes & I did not receive a confirmation so I called & found out that at the time I made my appointment - no one would be there & it seemed like no one had any intention of telling me. I then made an appointment for another day & when we were pulling into the driveway I got a call saying that they would not make that appointment either. So I got my taxes done elsewhere. They really only seem to be for walk -ins. Try to make an appointment & you will not get your taxes done.

Questions? Get answers from the JacksonHewitt staff and other customers.

JacksonHewitt?