IWantThatGift

IWantThatGift has a consumer rating of 1.63 stars from 38 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. IWantThatGift also ranks 63rd among Gifts Other sites. The most common issues with IWantThatGift are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• Their site states they won't take the money until the item is dispatched, this is a lie.
  • I like the way they will only accept NOCHEX or a bank transfer (Why not just ask for used fifties in a brown envelope).
How would you rate IWantThatGift?

“Love the product's and the service”

Michele C.
9/20/17

Wonderful company I order lots of things and am always satisfied with the merchandise. Will always recommend teespring.

“I ordered something costing £150 from them, the had...”

Lisha L.
6/30/09

I ordered something costing £150 from them, the had awful communication, took over a month with no delivery at all, no returning of phone calls, when I got them I was promised it would be despatched the next day, 2 weeks later it had not arrived. Luckily I paid via Paypal so filed a dispute and got a refund. Office sounds small (was getting calls from mobile numbers) and customer service hopeless, despite the impression that it's terribly professional. Avoid.

money (13) bank transfer (3) customer services (5) 2 weeks (3)
michelec62
September 20th, 2017
stevene
July 26th, 2009
Got a deal on 2 tvs comunication was a bit slow but now they have put measures in place to reply within the hour by email or by phone.
would urge any body looking for a good deal to use this site .
bobbyc
September 6th, 2009
I recerntly bought a canon printer and LG TV through this site. The price was great - the lowest I could find on the web - and delivery was good considering how cheap the price was. I have read other reviews on sitejabber regarding these guys and I think they are unfair. I dealt with customer service and found them to be polite and informative.

I wrote an earlier review last week and it was posted and removed(!!) which makes me think something very suspicious is going on here. Why is sitejabber only publishing negative clearly unbalanced reviews? Hmmm.
lishal
June 30th, 2009
jibberj
August 17th, 2009
paid for product over 2 weeks ago - no update when the item will arrive. Called customer services 3 times for an update but no information given. Got frustrated with asking for an update...so asked for refund but they are delaying and saying the refund department will get back to me within the day ...no-one does! i think this is a dodgy website...BEWARE!!!!!
mys
July 28th, 2009
Further to my earlier post, I can confirm that iwantthatgift promptly refunded my money.
mixedlynh
August 14th, 2009
Shocking, don't use this website. I waited for ages for my massage chair, they didnt bother keeping in contact, eventually i ordered it somewhere else and got it delivered looooong before i was refunded by iwantthatgift - more than two weeks after i cancelled the order!! No apologies or anything, rotten customer services!!
daveb2
July 25th, 2009
Ordered massager chair got it for a great price .aoardered on the sunday arrived within 48 hrs. i didnt have any problems with this site and willl be returning in the near future.
timoh
June 1st, 2010
Had the same experience as Mark c. bellow, what a bunch of crooks, I can't believe these guys are able to operate. I am currently perusing criminal prosecution against the operators through Stevenage Constabulary; these guys need to be locked up!!!
robertw3
August 25th, 2009
IF you believe the possitive comments here then you are just plain gullible. Save yourself a lot of money and time by not buying anything from them, actually, by not even thinking about buying from them at all. You won't receive anything and they won't refund you either. This website is a frude, there is no customer services or sales or whatever they try to make it appears to be, it is a total scam. DO NOT BUY - YOU ARE WARNED!
guyg
August 15th, 2009
Stunning product range and great prices.
Excellent company. Web site very easy to navigate and very easy to order
would order again
msn
August 27th, 2009
Thank god I used PayPal when attempting to buy a product from this 'company'. After raising a dispute with PayPal I got my money back no problem, if it was left to 'iwantthatgift.co.uk' I'd have never seen my money again. If you ask me by them not accepting money via PayPal it means they get to keep your money - don't do it!!!
nataliee
September 28th, 2009
this site is a scam!!!!!!!! i too ordered a tv in august didn't arrive. ring them for a refund they never return calls. I started a dispute with paypal they said i could have a refund but seven days later closed the dispute as they couldn't get money from sellers account.paypal have said they will keep trying to get money from them but i can't ever see it.
I am trying other options.
Has anyone else had there money refunded?
alisonw
December 15th, 2009
These people are criminals - I am raising a small claims action against them as I have never had delivery of my dvd player ordered in August 2009. I was promised a full refund EVENTUALY after much badgering with emails - no answer to any phone calls. They have now stopped responding to my emails and have never refunded me. Small claims action going ahead today!!
harryb1
September 4th, 2009
Ripped me off. Avoid at all costs

These guys arent based at the address they claim they are acutally ran from a council flat in letchworth by Sharon and Paul [name deleted]!

They can't even spell despatch properly on their website.

SHAM !
bradc
September 5th, 2009
The site now claims it is "under new management" via a venture capital coimpany called 'FLIGHT TICKETS DIRECT LIMITED'

However this company is registered as NON Trading, the site now only uses Bank Transfer, and the registered address is a beauty salon in Golders Green.

If this site had a "HSBC Merchant Payment" wjhy can't it take VISA and MASTERCARD payments directly

What a bunch of con artists, Im sure Bruce Kennedy, the claimed new director is just as bad as the previous shady traders !

These people must think that we have rocks in our head !

Dodgy, still dodgy
chrisa
August 15th, 2009
IF YOU WANT A TV FOR THE FRACTION OF A PRICE THEN THESE GUYS ARE FOR YOU THEY GOT GREAT PRICES ON ALL MODELS I BOUGHT A 50 INCH PLASMA GOT IT IN A RESPECTABLE TIME WILL BE RECOMENDING TO MY WORK COLEGUES.
johnb10
September 5th, 2009
I can't believe any website would say thisand expect credibility....

"Due to recent management changes, we no longer allow anyone to post reviews on external
websites and doing so will incure legal proceedings. We do not give our permission for
our company to be reviewed on external reveiw sites whether they are based in the United
Kingdom or abroad. We do however have a review page for customers on our website which
customers can use to reveiw our products (subjects to terms and conditions). Please note
derogatory or offensive reviews will not be posted"

absolute jokers.
markm1
August 17th, 2009
My order was only partially fulfilled. After a couple of months, I contacted Google Checkout; they informed they were no longer processing orders from I Want That Gift. My VISA card company provided me with a refund for the missing items. I was lucky.
tonya4
October 22nd, 2009
10 days ago I ordered a new TV from iwanthatgift for my 84 year of mother-in-law.
Method of payment was by credit card. After 5 days nothing was heard. They don't answer the telephone. I emailed and was given a delivery date for the following Tuesday - nothing arrived. Now have been given another for tomorrow, but don't expect anything to happen. Their website, which is now closed for maintenance, suggested next day delivery. I have cancelled the order, asked for a refund and contacted Cheshire Trading Standards who have opened a case file. The company appears to be based in Runcorn, Cheshire but I have my doubts.
My advise is not to get involved with this lot for the sake of saving a few pounds - it's just not worth it.
elizabetht
July 22nd, 2009
this site seemed good but failed to keep in contact with me to let me no what was happening with my order. And kept failing to call me back when i asked.
jy
September 5th, 2009
To state just the facts:
I placed an order in good faith on my credit card. Several weeks passed and
no delivery despite the fact that the dispatch date was quoted as 2 days
after I placed the order. I chased them continually, phoned but no answer,
sometimes answered my emails, sometimes contactable via their live chat.
Everytime I managed to initiate communications the response was always "I
will sort today". After over 4 weeks of promising me the tracking id for the
delivery, this I found strange, I had got no where. It the took me sometime after that to get a refund to my credit card. Their communication and customer service is
appalling.
The only time their communication was effective was when they emailed me within 5 minutes of posting a non-positive but truthful review on this website stating the facts of how they had taken payement for something, in good faith, from my credit card, held the money for 8 weeks and only refunded the money after I threaten to involve the credit card company. At this point they threatened me with legal action. I can't speak for anyone elses experiences of iwantthatgift but mine is pretty clear. Don't buy anything as they MIGHT be trying to rip you off! The only time they responded quickly to me was when I posted a negative but truthful review on this site. Many others seem to have had the same experience. Has anyone else noticed how the only positive reviews on this website sound similar. I think John from Iwantthatgift has been posting reviews for himself. I even did a check with companies house on iwantthatgift. Not only are they not registered as an online retailer, online registered as a company dealing with property, but their anual report to is over a month due. Good luck with that John, you fraudster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can't take legal action against someone either telling the truth or airing their opinion. Freedom of speech is a legal right in the uk. Fraud is not!.
bungleb
September 3rd, 2009
I would agree with all the negative comments on this site- especially the guy who copied in the emails relating ot rude men and nasty threats. Don't be put off by the lame threats of legal action as you actually are only giving factual information. If you have paid with pay pal get your money back NOW before the time limit expires!
Theft is dishonestly appropriating property with the intention of permanantly depriving you of it-Theft act 1968 Section 1- this property can be money
Personally it actually verges on fraud by false representation (section 2 of the fraud act 2006) ,to which this company appears to conduting themselves under If they state they will not take money out of your account before shipment of products?
Message to Iwantathatgift- you need to alter your terms and conditions if you are misleading customers. If you should ever ring me again i will deem this as a course of conduct of harassment
To the consumers
I feel sorry for you guys, i too have been through this process although got money back in the end - it looks like they're not doing that for you. Keep pursuing this and maybe you could all get together to seek compensation via the small claims courts?

P.s they do not record your conversations as under legal terms and conditions they have to inform you that they will be recording you which i doubt they do- they certainly will not be keeping tapes of calls - how ridiculous!!

GOOD LUCK
debbier
August 19th, 2009
i have been asked by the website to inform you that after filing a dispute with paypal, that today they issued me a refund in full. i am doing this because they threatened me with legal action if i did not, and have several emails from them stating this.
ralstonp
September 11th, 2009
They are definitely a bunch of scammers and very dodgy. I paid for a TV through my paypal account thinking if any thing goes wrong I can file a dispute/refund claim. Unfortunately I was wrong. Paypal ruled in my favourbut when they tried to retrieve the refund money back from these scammers their payment didnt materialise. I am fighting to get my money back. Their customer services says they have posted my refund but it is more that 2 weeks just like their delivery promises. I think the guys who have given positive feedback for this company are people they have paid to do so. By doing so their potential customers will think there are some unlucky customers but there people who have no problems as well. I believe anybody who pays them money is being taken for a good ride. I wish we can get rid of such scammers as they are a menace to all online shopper.

Hi dear, My name is helen , your profile drawn my attention an i decided to drop you a few lines can we be friends if yes email me direct to my emaibox (Rufushelen@hotmail.com) so i can send my photos to you and tell you in details about my self i await your responds god bless you. Yours new friend, Rufus helen. www.sitejabber.com

By helen R.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the IWantThatGift staff and other customers.

craigh8
Craig H.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about IWantThatGift?

Have a question about IWantThatGift?