Interaction Design Foundation

Interaction Design Foundation

Ratings On Other Platforms

Trustpilot
4.8 / 5

Interaction Design Foundation has a consumer rating of 4.77 stars from 47 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Interaction Design Foundation most frequently mention idf courses. Interaction Design Foundation ranks 22nd among Education Other sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 96.6%
How would you rate Interaction Design Foundation?

“Excellent and valuable content”

Aaron V.
4/13/21

The Interaction Design Foundation reminds me of the Art School where I studied Graphic Design almost 20 years ago, very clear content, full of valuable material with not waste. I feel very comfortable with the way they structure the classes, and there is no rush, you can learn at your own rhythm. They keep track of your progress and look after you to make you keep going an learning.

“THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY WITHOUT PERMISSION”

DON G.
9/18/21

THEY WILL STEAL ALL YOUR MONEY AND CHARGE YOUR CREDIT CARD WITHOUT NOTIFYING YOU! DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THEM. THEY ARE SNEAKY AND AWFUL PEOPLE WHO ONLY WANT TO PROFIT OFF OF YOU

aaronv88
April 13th, 2021

Online Courses.

Hi Aaron,

Thanks so much for the feedback! We're thrilled to provide valuable resources to the design community. I hope you can have a look at our upcoming courses, as well as our online masterclasses. As you mentioned, we've doubled the efforts on the clarity and value of our educational materials.

gios13
May 27th, 2021

The courses contain interesting and valuable information and insights but I would have liked them to be more action-based with more clear steps hon how to implement these insights in a certain product or service.

Hi Gio,

Thanks so much for the feedback; we really appreciate it. We're introducing more practical exercises through all our courses. This has been our main focus in the courses we have already released this year, as well as the courses we'll release soon. We've also put a lot of effort into creating more video-based content to strike the perfect balance, and I hope you will notice soon.:-)

Very best,

gerganab
July 7th, 2021

I found about this site through a satisfied friend of mine. And I am so glad!
I took part in one course for UX. The materials were so thoughtfully prepared, that the learning was really pleasant. The platform itself is also really nice and easy to use. It presents a lot of opportunities vone to take part in different groups in the community, to make contacts or to find a job.

Now I am looking forward for the next course.

Tip for consumers:
Take full advantage of your time within the membership period.

Online learning course

Hi Gergana,

Thanks so much for the review and the kind words. We're glad you're enjoying your membership and taking advantage of the courses! We hope you can complete many of our courses during your membership.:-)

BTW, don't forget to check our master class webinars — we have live sessions airing about every two weeks.

Warm regards,
Rikke Friis Dam of the Interaction Design Foundation.

victorc381
February 12th, 2021

I was the owner and CEO of an internet software firm. I have always been intrigued by good designs in both physical and software products.

This course has given me valuable insights into the philosophy and techniques of good designs. I now firmly believe that great designs stemmed from a sincere interest in understanding the needs of the users. Techniques are important, however, without genuine user empathy, they are nothing more than putting lipstick on a pig.

Interactional Design Foundation has made an important contribution in teaching good designs to both its members as well as society in general.

Hi Victor,

Thanks so much for the feedback. As you mentioned, we focus on timeless design principles, and that's the philosophy we use to develop our courses, masterclasses, bootcamps, and all our educational materials. We're happy to know that you've found our material useful in your career.

Best,

theop23
April 21st, 2021

I only completed the 'Beginners Guide to UX' course but thoroughly enjoyed it. This course was very in-depth, helpful and easy to follow and I really liked how the course was split over several weeks, there was no pressure to complete it in one go. It was thanks to this course that encouraged me to study User Experience Design at an undergraduate degree level. Customer support and the lectures are very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend trying the courses Interactive Design Foundation offers.

'Beginners Guide to UXD'

Hi Theo,

Thanks for the review! We hope you find time in the future to complete more of our courses. We have a wide range and variety of courses for all levels — I'm sure you will benefit from our intermediate and advanced courses.:-)

albertr173
December 22nd, 2020

The courses are very well structured, with great attention to detail, interesting real-life examples, and with a wide variety of topics. It's an exciting learning platform where each user can customize its path to better follow their interests and experience. The support is friendly and always ready to help.

I highly recommend Interaction Design Foundation.

Hi Albert,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We've put a lot of effort into adding practical examples with a timeless focus into our courses, masterclasses, and literature. Thanks so much for the kind words.:-)

mayankb15
July 31st, 2021

My learning experience at Interaction Design Foundation (IxDF) has thus far surpassed my expectations. I found their courses to be of a fundamental nature. They not only deepened my understanding about the specific subjects, but about design in general. While the courses are largely theoretical and by no means easy, as I practice design now, I feel empowered by my new learning — a great feeling!

IxDF is a positive, inspiring space that makes learning interesting, affordable, flexible, accessible and egalitarian. IxDF staff has been very supportive and responsive every time I contacted them. I would highly recommend their courses to anyone looking at deepening their understanding about design in the digital domain.

Tip for consumers:
The courses require a lot of time and energy (and revisions, IMHO), so be prepared.

Hi Mayank,

Thank you so much for sharing your review with us! The title of your review definitely made our day better. Thank you so much for your kind words about us, it means a lot. Oh, and do not forget that you can always reach us if you need anything:-)

All the best
Rikke Friis Dam of the Interaction Design Foundation.

katarinas23
May 12th, 2021

I signed up for a membership about three years ago when I barely knew what UX design is. Since then, I've taken many courses which taught me the basics in a really educational way and boosted my self-confidence as designer. I often study in the evenings when I have the time or when I need to learn something new. For years I've been encouraging people I meet to sign up and try it out because I really believe that not only the relevant content but also the way course material is produced holds an excellent quality.
I also attended couple of IDF meetups and got in touch with really interesting people (back in the times when meeting in person was "legal"). I am currently just one step away from being hired as a UX designer and IDF courses have contributed a great deal to my level of knowledge.

Hi Katarina,

It's wonderful to come across such a fantastic and heartwarming review! This has been precisely the mission we've been working on since 2002: Democratize education by providing top-quality, online design courses at a fraction of the cost of traditional education. Success cases — such as yours, fuel the fire in our team to facilitate learning and career advancement. We're very proud of our work, and we're continually improving.

Congratulations on the great effort and commitment you have made this far. I'm sure that your reward will come soon!

kevins1497
December 15th, 2020

I switch from another highly expensive online bootcamp to IDF to continue learning UX Design. The Courses are very detailed, well explained, diverse content (Text/Video), a lot of resources and a great community.
Also, the support is fast, friendly and helps you to learn in a way you want.

I can highly recommend Interaction Design Foundation.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks so much for recommending the Interaction Design Foundation. I'm glad to know that you've benefitted from our courses. It's our mission to provide top-quality, online design courses at a fraction of the cost of traditional education. It's reassuring to know we're delivering as promised.:-)

Best,

craigh505
March 24th, 2021

I began classes with Interaction Design Foundation in 2018. I am a graphic designer and work in print, digital and animation for nearly 20 years. I wanted to increase my knowledge of the UX side of the design industry and found their courses to be a great way of doing so. I was enrolled for about a year and a half and I completed 5 certification courses during that time. I found their lessons to be very in-depth and enjoyed the academic nature of the writing and subject matter. Rather than focus on trends or technology (that fade) they discussed more overarching design tenets and the timeless aspects of practicing UX.

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the review and congratulations on the certificates! You certainly put that year of membership to good use.:-)

marlonj23
April 24th, 2021

IDF is an absolute treasure trove of information, knowledge and learning for designers at all levels. I have completed 3 courses and already have 3 more lined up. IDF is totally awesome!

Tip for consumers:
Stick to it and don't give up- learn as much as you can

Courses and web videos

louisg179
April 20th, 2021

The UX courses i chose to take with Interactional Design Foundation were really complete, full of pertinent and new information. The examples taken illustrate perfectly the subjects and the speakers know their subjects.
I would just add that it would be so nice to have a little bit more illustrations about several subjects, especially the ones wich contains lots of text.

ohado
February 3rd, 2021
Verified purchase

I found IxDF one of the best resources for learning UX.
Overall experience:
- The community is active and helpful, the teachers are wonderful.
- I found myself doing almost all of the courses there, which helped me a lot.
- IxDF staff is extremely nice, If I had a question I would just send an email, and in a few hours, I would get a response. I felt like I'm chatting with my friends.
Learning:
- IxDF is designed for all levels, from beginners to experts, they got you covered.
- All of the courses are well written, the close and open questions are challenging. Don't expect your answers for the open questions to be correct all the time (which for me showed that they are carefully checking the answers, and not just giving points away).
- In each course, you got optional challenges that you can share with the community and get feedback on your work.
- IxDF also offers webinars all the time that cost $1 for members.
- IxDF got a lot of recourses that can help you as a UX designer.
Verdict:
I can go on and on about how good this place is since it helped me in many ways.
Would definitely recommend this site for people who want to understand what's UX, what to expect from working in this field, and learning about all sorts of topics that are related to design.
10/10 for me, I hope this review was helpful.
Good luck on your journey.

Tip for consumers:
Prepare for yourself a learning schedule and progress in your own time :)

amanl2
March 30th, 2021

The courses provided by IDF are extremely good and provide a comprehensive study for those who wanna pursue UX design as a full time career. It's not just about the fundamentals but the way they've organized it that turns out to be helpful for everyone, from beginners to experts. The assignments are pretty good and the community is really helpful to get your doubts sorted. Moreover, all members ( Rikke to be specific) were really kind to understand my issue and provide me with every possible help during my journey. Would highly recommend you all to sign up for it.

Tip for consumers:
Do the course along with other students when it's live instead of keeping a backlog. That's more helpful in terms of progress, interaction with fellow students and overall grades in the course.

UX design course

paulac627
January 11th, 2021

I have come across the Interaction Design Foundation, taken a few courses, among them is the Interaction Design for Usability and I must confess, I was very pleased on how the information was structured and presented, the abundance of examples of good and bad ways to solve the usability and interaction issues, great way to communicate with different participants of the same course, reinforcing the knowledge we gained throughout each chapter. I will recommend to anyone who is interested in a career in UX, instead of taking a bunch of courses on different platforms, try to subscribe here, learn the basics and after that you're ready to start applying what you've learned along the way.

harshanic
April 1st, 2021

I am a graduate student and I joined the interaction design foundation with a keen interest in improving my knowledge. The course here not only gave me the knowledge it was an eye-opener to UX and psychology in design. IDF has also helped me to gain recognition and push me through the rough waters of design like an experienced sailor in UX.
I really appreciate these courses and the instructors who gave comment and motivate us. It's really helpful for us. And I achieve 17/32 certifications within 6 months. You only need to pay for one year and get this good opportunity to learn and gain knowledge. It's really worthful. I highly recommend to everyone to learn a new UX experience guide with this course. Who has been an industry expert or beginner in the UX industry.

dong361
September 18th, 2021

Hi Don,

I want to confirm the reasons behind your terrible experience. Please send me an email to rikke.friis.dam@interaction-design.org.

We have a clear refund policy, but we're also humans and can accommodate our member's requests. Since last year, many of our members have experienced and shared with us difficult situations. We have been supportive and empathetic — it's a never-ending learning curve.

I'll be looking forward to reading your email to understand why you got this impression, your pain points, and refund your payment.

kevinc1233
October 31st, 2020

I discovered IDF while I was without a job and so I had the time to upgrade my skills, but also a small budget. I came across IDF and I decided to give them a chance. I'm a designer for almost 10 years and I found here a lot of good content to expand my knowledge of contemporary subjects. I really loved the Design Thinking course as a great starter! What's even better is that there is a huge community following the same courses; people who are really motivated and active. There are also meet up organized around the major cities across the globe, that's awesome to enrich your local network. Of course, as each training, there is a lot more you can learn by yourself thanks to the great bibliography related to each theme. Very complete courses and well documented to do your work too, this is very helpful with my kind of learning process. I Highly recommended!

aswathyr
December 25th, 2020

Coming from a totally different background, I took this course hoping to get a little knowledge on all aspects of digital design that you see in today's world. But i can't stress enough this point that this course is the one and only reason that helped me in making up my mind to decide my final goal, to become a UX Designer. To be honest, I am really forever grateful for all the IDF community members who made me what i am today. Of course you did your part in taking care of my career completely, now its up to me to keep moving forward. Thank you so much for such a wonderful experience, and I am hoping to learn more new courses from IDF.

jorely
January 20th, 2021

If you want to launch a new career in UX Design, this is one of the best platforms out there. The courses provide me a great overview of User Experience and Design thinking. All in all, it was a great, happy and insightful learning experience. I would recommend this for beginners. :)

dimitrisg5
October 28th, 2020

I've been a member of IDF for several years and never regret becoming one in the first place. The mix of courses, the level of proficiency and the number of the courses are definitely worth it. The option to customise what you will learn based on selecting a career path is what helps you become a specialist based on your wants. Having more courses coming in shows the Foundation's commitment to provide the latest and top education based on what is happening in the areas of UX and lastly, Service design. Highly recommended for anyone who wants to have a strong base of knowledge.

antonioc291
March 30th, 2021

It seems to me that the IDF was made in the right measure for my needs: a professional, serious and well-prepared organization, which delivers solid knowledge, easily adaptable to my experience and my expectations. I am not a professional designer. I worked for many years as Senior Business Developer and Alliance Manager, but I am currently in "gap year", "redesigning" my career, looking for specializations in design, which is one of the areas that I love the most. I believe that, with IDF courses, I will be able to combine this knowledge and techniques with my professional experience.

Products used:
Courses, training in Design.

aliciaknabbenm
May 19th, 2021

I found of great interest all courses I took at IDF platform. The fact you can study at your own pace helps a lot and the quality of the courses exceeded expectations.

Hi Alicia,

Thanks for the review! We take pride in the fact that our members can actually set their own study schedules. We are a truly global community—with members in every single corner of the world.

Very best,

abdulr134
November 19th, 2020

I was a member of IDF, I took the course for "User Research – Methods and Best Practices"
It was great Experience, It's not only videos and articles but also real practice like how to do User personas, User Journey maps and other UX activities.
Strongly recommending to go with IDF for good UX Knowledge.

stefand52
April 8th, 2021

The first thing people think about when they think of the Interaction Design Foundation is design education. But I think I have learned more about the community and the people by the email back and forth with Rikki, the chief editor. She's responsive, kind and clear with her words. Not only is this a good reflection on IDF but on the work at hand. IDF had a large hand in my design career to date. Not only did they reaffirm the knowledge gained in my own experiences, but helped me further understand the theory of design and how best to continue improving and putting it into practice.

Thanks to the team for putting together an amazing course and sound career path as a guide of which knowledge we need to push our career further.

Questions? Get answers from the Interaction Design Foundation staff and other customers.

Online UX design courses and literature created by design experts. Don Norman: "A goldmine of information on interaction design."

We’re market leaders in online design education because the world’s leading experts create our content and because we’re specialized in design. Our courses cover the entire spectrum of UX design from beginner to advanced.

Business History

With 109,999 graduates, the Interaction Design Foundation is the biggest online design school globally. We were founded in 2002.

Since 2002, we’ve been on a mission to:
- Teach you concrete design skills to advance your career and build a better future for yourself and your employer.
- Teach you how to leverage the power of design in the same way companies such as Apple and Google do.
- Help you apply your new design skills to improve the quality of life for humankind. We live in a world filled with inefficient and frustrating design and you can make a positive impact by designing human-centered technology.
- Democratize education by providing top-quality, online design courses at a fraction of the cost of traditional education.
- We offer you the best expertise from both high-tech companies and academia. We produce top-grade learning materials with elite industry designers from Google and IBM as well as top professors from Stanford, MIT and Cambridge University.
- We facilitate learning and career advancement in 467 Local Groups in 95 countries.

Rikke F.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Interaction Design Foundation?

See reviews as you browse with our Firefox extension

4.8
Have a question about Interaction Design Foundation?