Review of Influenster

Tel: +1-917-210-2981

13 reviews with 1 star

tangelab
1/3/19

I used to like this site very much ,but now when they claim I'm getting a product or a box I never get it at all,I'm just not going worry about this anymore.

Tip for consumers: Be careful you may or may not get a box

alav1
3/16/18

This company is a nightmare !. The quality is so so bad so I had to return those items back, BUT BE AWARE THAT YOU WON'T GET YOUR MONEY BACK!!!
so they have the clothes and your money !!!
I am going to sue this company , this is a total scam !

ashleyb225
11/10/17

So, when I first started Influenster I loved it. I have a large following and received 2 or 3 boxes of products. Recently though , I ran into a snag. They have Influenster Twitter Parties, I won a "Gloskin Mega Voxbox" which is a high end brand. It took 8 weeks to receive the box and it had 3 drugstore products in it. I thought, I had gotten it by mistake so I reached out to them...no response. I asked them nicely a few more times then tweeted at them to. Finally , I tweeted at Gloskin. They responded immediately and gave me a $200 gift card as well as saying that they were promised by Influenster the Gloskin Mega Box would contain THEIR products. A few weeks later I won another box, it has been 12 weeks and I haven't received it. They ignore my emails and I am almost positive they cancelled my box because I complained about them being deceiving with their prizes. I don't bad talk brands, ever and I know that things like this could just be a mistake but when you continue to be shady and not respond to me....that shows what kind of company you are running!

anetth
10/16/17

THis app/ website is a load of crap you will never receive $#*! from them. I was only able to submit my 4-5 star reviews. They just make you buy anything and everything with fals reviews

guyo8
10/10/17

Just check this page: https://www.influenster.com/reviews/nature-made-magnesium-citrate-250mg

Different reviewers make the exact same comments ("Best investment for my health so far") and the exact same typos ("all Tue time"). These reviews come from a review farm.

michelleg184
8/26/17

I was very excited upon first enrolling in Influenster. I am very active in social media, with a lot of followers who care about my opinion. I have a professional background in communications and marketing. I though it would be a fun way to try some new products and share my opinions with all of my followers. I was mistaken. The formula that Influenster uses to determine who receives products to test is quite puzzling. It doesn't appear to be based upon anything that would actually help them market the products to the correct target audiences. I found that Influenster is actually populated by legions of reviewers who are much like the people who raid Sephora dumpsters looking for free makeup. Barely literate, bored moms who are grateful for any free scrap thrown their way. Meanwhile, the company is taking in millions on the backs of the free labor of these women. The last straw for me was completing a qualification survey that took me ten minutes, and ended up yielding me TWO 6.7 ounce juice boxes. Not worth the time or effort. Not to mention all of the "Virtual Boxes" that require you to actually go out and BUY the products they want you to review. I am sure there are better companies for those truly interested in product testing and sharing reviews. Influenster is disappointing, however.

neomaf
2/18/17

I've been on Influenster for some years now and it was all fine before they made the app. The way it goes is the more your outreach is (facebook, instagram, twitter, etc. following) the more voxboxes you will be chosen for. Having said that, ever since the app was made influenster has become pretty ridiculous. Everything has to be done through the app, which is fine, but they aren't counting tasks that have been done. If the task hasn't been done, you don't get the badge. If you don't get the badge, you don't have a chance to receive a voxbox. I have finished multiple badges just to have tasks ignored and stay "in review" throughout the whole campaign. That is if my tasks where counted at all. Here recently I finished tasks for a badge through the influenster app and it was not counted. I did everything that was required in order to finish the badge, but it was not counted. I had to open 3 different tickets to get any help with this issue and even then, nothing. Now, after a few exchanged messages, I have not heard from them about why it isn't registering that I did the task. I've commented on their facebook, instagram, and twitter as well as emailed them and STILL nothing. I'm not the only one they've been screwing around like this. I wouldn't waste my time if I were you. My account has been deleted. They've gotten really ridiculous.

heatherf56
1/15/17

I have been VERY active on Influenster for almost 6 months, done hundreds of snaps, dozens of reviews, created lists, finished almost every campaign and several other badges, and I have received ZERO products to review. I have to assume that is because of one of the following: I am not a member of a "desirable" age bracket (I'm 46, and I've heard other older women ALSO don't get boxes), I am not attractive enough in my photos, I am CRUELTY-FREE, or that I don't have a smartphone and can't use their precious app. I wrote them about the latter, and they assured me that had nothing to do with it...

So months later, why have I still received NO products to review? I am done with Influenster, and I encourage other older or cruelty-free women to consider the same.

laural104
5/12/16

Hi, I'm Influenster! Just jump through these forty hoops, spend a lot of your own money, and MAYBE we'll send you a prize!!!

They just sent me another offer to get $2 off my choice of $20 and over products (that I am supposed to pay for) so that I can post photos, tweet, and tell everyone about the product. Yeah, I'm going to do your marketing so that I can get rejected for ambiguous prizes....these people must be on crack.

I laughed and deleted their email.

dollym2
4/13/16

I wasted SOOO much time "earning badges" and writing reviews for influenster and received a few emails saying I was a match for a voxbox and I just needed to fill out a survey to receive a box full of samples however I "failed" those surgery EVERY TIME!! They always ask questions like "have you heard of these products below" and when I answer honestly they fail me on the survey. Personally I feel they waste your time and promise you these big fancy boxes and give them to half their participants but not others. Id rather use sites like "bzzagent" and freesamples.org because they garauntee you free things...

lilys39
12/21/15

To those who are saying that Influenster is justified for taking so long to provide free samples to the users of their site, you guys do realize that there are other websites that provide several free samples for consumers to try with much, much less effort on the consumer's part, right? Ive spent a year on their site providing info and writing reviews and I have not received anything! I will never go back on their site ever again. So, unless you have a huge following on social media, don't expect to get anything from them. The only people who I have seen getting a sample box are vloggers on Youtube.

cardinalr
7/11/15

Influenster is nothing but a scam. It took them over a year to send me a tea bag I'd signed up to review. One tea bag -- over a YEAR. All they want to do is collect your information and sell it to other companies. I'm glad I gave them little to work with, let me tell you.

Now they've redesigned their site so it's EXTREMELY difficult to contact them. They also don't explain things, such as exactly how the 'program' works. Why? So they don't have to deal with people -- it's obviously a distraction for them when they're very busy selling your information.

My advice to you is to STAY AWAY from these people. Unless you *want* to have someone profit from your information or you'd like to spend endless hours shilling for the companies that pay THEM, not YOU.

I'm very glad I never went back to that site after I initially signed up and requested a sample of Runa tea. Considering how stale it was when it finally arrived, no way was I about to drink it -- and after waiting so long I certainly wasn't going to review it.

I should write Runa about Influenster and ask them if they knew the ill will their deal with them was going to generate -- on so many levels.

meaghane
11/16/14

I've joined a lot of trial websites, but this is one is kind of the worst. I was promised a holiday vox box that I earned by writing eBay guides, and I have yet to be invited to one. I was looking forward to the reward I was promised, but it's been months and I've yet to receive it, or any word of it.

When you take the survey for being on the short list for the next campaign, if you are a good match for the upcoming box you will receive an email sometime after saying "You're in!". If you do not receive that email, it means you were not a good match for that particular campaign based on your answers.

By Amy M.

To receive a VoxBox, connect your social media accounts to increase the impact meter. Write reviews and earn badges for those honest reviews. You may receive an email saying you are on the short list for an upcoming VoxBox and are required to take a survey if you would like to participate. If your survey answers show you are a good match for that campaign you will receive an email saying "You're in!". After that you will receive the product(s) and you MUST complete the campaign actions, write reviews and take a survey at the end of the campaign. If you do not do these things, you will not qualify for another VoxBox. Influenster is not about getting free stuff, it is about Influensting your followers, friends and family. Sharing products with them with honest reviews.

By Amy M.

I'm 46 and NO, in almost a year I have NEVER gotten one.

By Heather F.

facebook sells information to data miners that pay money - so yes. And linking anything to facebook will increase the chances of this happening. Your account being hacked may or may not be because of linking. It's good to change your password every once in a while and to avoid putting everything on facebook.

By d s.
Questions? Get answers from the Influenster staff and other customers.

Influenster?