Review of Imagekind

Tel: 800.351.8986
care@imagekind.com

susano119
7/11/18

I have had the same email and PayPal account for a couple decades, but somehow they had a problem with that, sent me a paper check dated October 2017 that I received in June 2018. Went to US Bank branch to be told a check older than 6 months wont be honored, even without a stale date on it. I have sent 3 requests for help in a month and get no action.

ritaw5
5/28/18

Unfortunately I can't sell my paintings from my Imagekind storefront, because images either don't show up at all, or can't be enlarged most of the time.
The technical support is friendly, but nothing changes.
I have complained about this for years.
The uploading is often impossible because of overload, it is difficult for customers to navigate the site, and the cellphone compatibility is impossible.
Their canvas prints are really beautiful and well done, but I want to SELL online. If nothing changes I will try to find compatible services.

chrisc611
4/29/18

the quality of the product for what you pay is not good, i paid for a print at $74.00 US. the size was fine but im so glad i didnt get larger size as the quality reduces dramatically, no fine details sorry to say, very misleading re the site photo to what you actually get

emilyb23
5/27/14

I ordered a poster from this site. First, it was supposed to be a standard size, but it came in a really weird size (11x15.24) that didn't fit in a standard frame. They lied about the size on their website. If you're looking to buy a nice print and just frame it with a store bought frame, tough crap. They probably want you to buy expensive custom matting and framing from them to fit their non-industry sizes.

I've tried to contact them and so far, I've had no luck whatsoever with customer service. They insist on their website that email is the fastest way to contact them, so I sent them an email and got the auto reply that I'd be contacted in 1-2 business days. It's been almost a week and I've heard nothing. I tried calling them and their automated system is maddening. After about ten seconds of music, it asks you every three seconds (not an exaggeration) if you want the system to hold your place in line and call you back. Eventually you give in because it's unbearable to listen to that nonstop for several minutes. I still haven't gotten a call back. No telling if they'll call me back, or how accommodating they'll be when I explain the problem. I'll update when/if they get back to me.

The bottom line is, they lie about the size of their products online and send you something that won't fit in a standard frame without expensive, custom framing/matting, and then they're nearly bloody impossible to get ahold of. Even if they call me back and work out something reasonable, this whole experience has been such a hassle over a dumb poster that I won't do business with them again.

marks150
2/13/14

For anyone who is looking to sell your artwork online, look elsewhere. The commission rates are poor, and the customer service is even worse. I've been trying to get paid for the work I've sold for months now, without luck. Don't expect to get even a fraction of the value of your work, after all the fees they tack on. That's IF you receive a payment at all - which they ask for your SSN to do. Not a safe site!

carolew
2/12/09

Imagekind.com Great showcase site - This site is for contributors from all walks of the visual artistic community and offers 4 levels of membership. It is run by Cafe Press.

FREE - 24 images into one gallery, up to 10 tag words per image, 2 categories for image placemant (eg. nature, B+W), cost is free

Pro Account - Priority placement, 50 images per gallery, 100 galleries, 50 key words, 4 categories, cost $7.99 per month

Platinum Account - Priority placement, unlimited images per gallery, 250 galleries, 100 key words, 8 categories, cost $11.99 per month

Annual Account - Priority placement, unlimited images per gallery, 250 galleries, 100 key words, 8 categories, cost $94.99 per year (Pro price for Platinum benefits)

When you place a hi res image - either downloading direct to the web site or using their dedicated FTP site your image will appear in your selected gallery. Once there you can customize the framing/matting and materials that customers will see when viewing each image (customers can also select their own options as well). Also you can set prices for either the individual gallery as a whole or on an image by image basis. Each process is very simple to use and clearly instructed.

Images in the individual galleries can be moved about by draging and dropping. You may also view other contributers web sites and become fans of their work, thus increasing the exposure of your own link. The art appears to me to be of a more "gallery" level product, rather than t-shirts and coasters sort of thing.

The site is clean to look at and easy to navigate. This is not one of those frenetic sites that makes you wonder where the buttons are. The customizing options are quick to function (no sitting about watching the clock spin). All in all a very useful site. My only complaint would be that they do not appear to hold competitions, but then I have only been there a short time. I would definitley suggest a look here.

Questions? Get answers from the Imagekind staff and other customers.

Imagekind?