IEGOR

IEGOR has a consumer rating of 2.29 stars from 7 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about IEGOR most frequently mention auction house problems. IEGOR ranks 66th among Auction sites.

How would you rate IEGOR?

“Good place for appraisal! Very professional!”

Isabelle-Pier B.
6/15/17

Good place for selling paintings, all our requests are treated with professionalism! I love this place!

“Simply unprofessional”

Dino I.
6/23/20

I placed a bid on line and won. When I arrived to pick up the item they indicated it was sold to someone else. They checked there system and it indicated it was sold to my paddle # but they also sold it for the same price on the phone and the item was picked up.

isabellepierb
June 15th, 2017
dinoi1
June 23rd, 2020
jillianc19
March 29th, 2017
I deal with Iegor Auctions on a regular basis. So do many of my family, friends and clients. I couldn't recommend a better auction. I always get amazing pieces I cant find anywhere else. I feel like family when I deal with them. They are super kind and professional. I cant imagine looking elsewhere.
stephenr81
March 8th, 2017
These clown actually claimed that reserves could be higher than the estimates. They are either bidding up items illegally or too ignorant to know the rules.
bene354
July 12th, 2016
In my dealings with Iegor I have regularily seen them misrepresent what the paintings actually are about their age and condition. When I questioned them about this they dismissed my concerns with more false data. They are not trust worthy and neither is the art that they sell.
ps150
December 31st, 2016
The website functionality needs improvement.
Not only paintings but the frames they come with ought to be shown
The online auction process is not explained any place I can find - what is the end date of a particular lot? Is there a seller's reserve possibly? Is at least a pretense of an identity of other legit bidders shown, or are we to simply to "accept on faith"...
They should look at the practices of other art auction houses to make well needed improvements.
auctionsc
November 2nd, 2014
This Montreal based auction house is less than reputable. It is known, amongst the dealers in Canada, to plant shill bidders in the live auction room to bid against its clients and drive prices beyond the fair market value.
This company also participates with third party online auction sites such as Liveauctioneers, www.liveauctioneers.com.
During the third party online bidding process, the numbers go beyond the expected outcome. Often times, the same items which have been sold via www.liveauctioneers.com and reintroduced on the auction house's own online bidding format.
Which brings me to my final statement - This auction houses online bidding site is suspect. Iegor Auction House is bidding against the clients who are interested in the goods they have on offer. They bid against the unsuspecting buyer to drive the prices beyond the fair market value of the work or natural bidding results.
This Auction house is simple a rip off establishment.
Beware.

Tip for consumers: Beware the online auctions with this organization. It is shill bidding.

Questions? Get answers from the IEGOR staff and other customers.

Iegor est une maison internationale de ventes aux encheres d'oeuvres d'art / Iegor is an International Fine Art Auction House / Montreal-Palm Beach

How do I know I can trust these reviews about IEGOR?

Have a question about IEGOR?