HomePhonesOnline.co.uk reviews

Devon, DEV EX21 5UX, UK
sales@homephonesonline.co.uk

paulinel42
10/15/19
They sent the wrong phone, i.e. not the one advertised. I returned it at my own cost and they promised to send the right one. You can guess the rest. Impossible to find out who is in charge ... avoid like the plague
josephineo18
3/19/19
Have money from you. Then say item has been sent within 3-5 days but never recieve item. Sent numerous emails asking where phones are but they ignore ALL emails. Raised complaint via paypal AVOID having no phone number should of warned me to stay away!!!
juditht58
1/27/19
They seem to be using the same excuses with me as they've used with various other people also leaving reviews; blaming the courier. They've allegedly sent the order out twice but I've not received anything, and apparently the courier company is struggling to find the parcel. I can't believe they're still in business and I wish I'd looked to see some reviews first.
hazelf17
12/7/18
I ordered a new base set and as soon as I pressed send I realised it was the wrong model. I Emailed immediately to cancel but they sent it anyway.
I returned it for a refund and since then I've emailed but no response. They don't have a phone number!
derekb68
4/17/18
Bought a phone base power cable. They sent the wrong one. I returned it next day.
Sent all the relevant documentation. Long story short. Seven weeks later. No emails. Refund on threat of Paypal refund procedure. No sign of postage for return. I don't need to say avoid.
sandrab219
1/26/18
I bought a cordless phone the same model as I already have however it doesn't work and the battery fell apart I had a reply to say they'd sent the battery out now it's not at all and for myself it's not a luxury to have a cordless extension it's a necessity due to a disability it rings I can't answer it or make any calls I'd like a full refund and I'll be in touch with the trading standards
anthonyg139
1/13/18
Hi, I recently purchased from these guys as it was an item I wanted for my collection. A BT Mango refurbished cordless phone and answer machine. I chose Royal Mail delivery. 5 working days as described no parcel. I contacted them. They replyed and said they would get in touch with the guy who collects the parcels for hermes.

Hold on I had not chosen Hermes as delivery. I checked my account and took a screen shot of the delivery method which was Royal Mail. And replayed back. Now I am not getting a response. I tried again today to say it was now 10 days late, then the parcel arrived. It was Hermes as the postman had already been. I signed for it. When upon opening the package to my surprise I did not see a refurbished BT Mango cordless phone with answer machine that I had paid £22 for but a BT power supply and a phone cabel. I took a photo of these items and emediatly sent this along with other screen shots of the actual order placed and the item as described. I doubt I will here back.
jonc105
1/8/18
Avoid this company!

I purchased this item from their website on 2/12/17 and it was faulty on arrival (the phone display would go blank without warning when fully charged). They doubted me so I had to buy test equipment (£20), different makes of rechargeable battery (£12) and make a video showing the fault - see https://www.dropbox.com/s/82mj1yfap12vmue/Philips%20Onis%20live%20drop.mov?dl=0

They eventually agreed after three weeks to refund me but refused to pay for the return postage (£3.90), saying that their test engineer could find no fault. PayPal eventually agreed to refund the return postage to me (an excellent service from them).

Homephonesonline are a shower and I'm amazed that BT and other reputable outfits do business with them. They hide behind their online presence and don't publish a telephone number.

Buy elsewhere!
chrisp209
6/24/17
Need registration no. for handset - no reply.
Who do I contact to get either a reply or to complain about this company
antonyt9
6/10/17
DO NOT USE - CON MEN
THEY SEND OUT FAULTY GOODS
FOLLOWED THEIR RETURN POLICY TO GET A CERTIFICATE OF POSTAGE, THEN SAY THEY NEVER RECEIVED IT!!!!!!!!!
WILL SELL THE SAME FAULTY GOODS AGAIN AND AGAIN
privater1
2/6/17
Been looking for a replacement part and come across this site, read some reviews but bought and found them to be a pleasant company to deal with and would recommend.
sarahs300
1/16/17
I purchased a replacement BT handset online between Christmas & new year. After chasing for delivery (standard 3-5 working days) twice by email, I finally received an empty envelope (opened at both ends) on 11th January. I received no response at all by email so had to dispute with Paypal. I'm pretty disgusted with Paypal too for doing business with such a poorly reviewed company! This 'company' should be investigated.
reeceb24
7/2/16
I have had 2 phones, both poorly packaged, received broken. they now refuse to answer my messages. CONMEN
paulj77
10/5/15
Tried to buy an office phone but no order acknowledgement and online shop did not show dispatch. Wish i had seen other reviews before wasting my time.
ns27
6/4/15
Thank you to all you kind people for posting reviews following your experiences with this clearly awful company. small justice, you save me lining their pockets with another order just in time following a quick google search. It shows that individuals can make a difference. Sadly, I fail to see why, with this number of bad reports that ANY bank / credit card/ pay pal would consider still letting them trade through them.
Thank you again to you all. Hopefully I can return the favour through a post past or future.
sarahs140
3/16/15
I bought a telephone handset from them. It didn't work properly so they advised me to return it. This I did, but when I chased up why I hadn't heard from them, they claimed they'd never received the handset back. I sent them proof of postage and they said they'd send another handset to me asap. This has not arrived - despite them assuring me it was sent. The whole process has been a waste of time and money. They are - to my mind - running a scam.
trevorh10
3/1/15
Order set of quad phones, arrived 7 days later they looked second hand, and did not work, I had to pay the return costs, two weeks later got a partial refund and not carriage cost refund, asked for an explanantion non has been forthcoming. no telephone numbers avaialbel to tal to them

Tip for consumers: dont bother

stevenf26
1/31/15
This company are crap,I did not recieve my goods and requested my money back,2 weeks later,I'm still waiting,I won't give in,there not responding to my e mails,sooo it looks like the police will be called, and trading standards,they don't even have a phone number to ring,I'm furious,!!!
robertd94
11/16/14
Bobby D asked.."anybody knows how to get money back please post it here.thanks" I got all my money back through my credit card company after these con artists claimed they never received the goods back. Also complain to PayPal, if enough people complain they will stop them using anything but cach! Ebay has banned them years ago!
filj
11/12/14
How sickening and sad, that a company can continue ripping off people.
I purchased
1x BT freeway walkie-talkie additional handset
1x BT freeway headset
2x BT freeway belt clips

Both the Headset and handset are used' items, not new! And both are in a very sad and poor condition paint splash marks and moldy?@!

Dissatisfied with the poor condition of both items, I sent all items back via the 'signed small parcel Royal mail service' and requested a full refund.

5 weeks on the items 'Apparently' have not been received so a refund will not be issued until the items can be located!!

Adding insult to injury It cost me a further £5.00 to return the items to them.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY AND TIME WITH THIS COMPANY "HOMEPHONESONLINE.CO.UK!!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY AND TIME WITH THIS COMPANY "HOMEPHONESONLINE.CO.UK!!

bobbyd25
10/22/14
i to ordered a phone from this company.the phone they sent did not work.i returned phone to them and despite getting the odd e mail asking the same questions about it and getting one saying they would send a replacement i still havent received phone or my money back.they are conmen and should be taken off the internet and charged with fraud.if anybody knows how to get money back please post it here.thanks.
wendyn6
6/10/14
Unhelpful response from the outset. Failed to answer polite emails requesting the correct part number to assist me to order a part. If I had this much poor service before actually buying anything, what sort of service could I have expected after the sale? I wanted the part - but not badly enough to buy it from this lot.
chrisw62
2/26/14
These conmen are coining in money on the pretext that they have not received the incorrect item they send you in the first place!
I should have read the very poor reviews where this is their usual trick!
DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY ON THESE IDIOTS!
paulc84
12/19/13
Wish I'd found these reviews before using these cowboys.

Granted, it was probably my mistake to assume that a phone handset would come with charging station, but fair enough I ordered one. But to not include the battery cover?

I was able to check that the handset worked with charged batteries, but there was a long delay before I placed the handset on a charging station (because I was nearly 200 miles away). That's when I found that the handset wouldn't charge.

OK so I'm out of 'warranty', but do they care? No. Nothing they can do (so lee says), he then tries to tell me that he's tied by BT to the warranty period. Utter bull$#*!.

Any decent company finding that it had sold shoddy goods would do something to sort it out regardless.
mikem153
11/11/13
The product provided did not work and this is the response from Lee
"im not sending item out free of charge, if you dont like it tough . the terms are set on the website and are not for haggling".

Be warned they are not into reasonable Customer Service!!

Yes! I am afraid to say it but these reviews are all about this company.

By Anthony G.
Questions? Get answers from the HomePhonesOnline.co.uk staff and other customers.

1 Photo for HomePhonesOnline.co.uk