Holiday-Rentals.co.uk reviews

London, LONDON SW1E, GB
Tel: +1 858-810-2000

marieb90
6/15/16

How dare they, was so happy with homeaway, before exGreedia got involved.
this is a cyber website, it is bits on a server, it costs nothing once it is up and running, if they charged £3 a listing they would still make money

I was HAPPY to pay £300 plus a listing, but THIS NEW HOLIDAY MAKERS THEFT SERVCE CHARGE 6-8% for nothing,

HOW DARE VBRO
HOW DARE HOMEAWAY
HOW DARE HOLIDAY-RENTALS UK

milk more money from our clients , smart clients will go else where to book, WTF

OUTRAGEOUS CORPORATE ARROGANCE AT ITS WORSE

ians64
1/6/16

I was told over the phone by the Holiday Rentals marketing company that if they did not provide me with one booking in the year that my annual subscription of approx £80 would be refunded.

No booking from that company during last year and no refund. Still waiting to hear form their marketing company as promised in an email from Holiday Rentals - not confident that will ever happen.

My advice would be to advertise through other sites as this organisation obviously employs dubious marketing strategy.

robertj18
6/25/13

A few days ago through www.homeaway.co.uk I found Prop.424691 "Beautiful Villa, South of France with a view and pool". When I filled out the information request on their website (email manager), the info was supposed to be forwarded to the owner of the property. I received an email from what appeared to me to be HomeAway team asking more info to give me the offer. Two days later, after a few emails sent and received, I came to a final step of asking for the contract. The contract with info for payment came two day ago.

When I looked at the contract I realized that some things were strange. Then I started looking at all our conversation from the beginning and came to a clear conclusion that it was a scam contract. At that point I phoned the owner of the property and found that the owner was totally unaware of my communication with anyone about her Villa.

I was supposed to send 1890 Euro to the following company:
IBAN: GB90LOYD*******5960
Account Number 62895960
Short Code: 309442
BIC: LOYDGB21112

Some of the failures the scam people have made in this process were:

1. The email address domain was .gmail, which is unusual for the large companies (only private persons use that domain and server)
2. The price was changing, and a big discount was given, for no reason (not corresponding with the advertised price)
3. The contract documents were coming from them not from the owner, which is not in accordance with the info on the HomeAway site
4. In the contract they ask for the money to a company with a different name, no person name, funny address, etc.
5. I checked the address of this company and with the use of the street camera found that it was a small rubbish shop in a poor London area full of graffiti
6. In the contract there was no owner's address
7. Second part of the contract, terms and conditions, mentions a number of times that the deposit should be paid directly to the owner, not to this company (this was obviously copied from the HomeAway documents)
8. They wanted full payment with a big attractive discount of course
9. They gave me 72 hours to pay, after which the price could change
10. The signature on the contract was funny and had no name of the person who is signing. Etc, etc.

I was lucky not to fall into their trap, however very disappointed that HomeAway didn't answer my telephone calls or my email in which I informed them and sent them the scam contract. I suppose that the criminal minds are still acting and unfortunately some people could be loosing their money this moment, and HomeAway instead of informing the police theay are doing nothing. That is a very bed business.

Jakesanin.

karena3
9/2/10

This site started off as a good place to advertise your holiday home but because it has grown so large customers who advertise are often treated as though the advertising company are doing them a favour even though the company charges quite considerable yearly rates for the advertisements.

Travellers who wish to post malicious reviews about holiday homeowners or their homes are able to do so easily and therefore can hold the home owner to ransom or destroy their holiday home rental at a whim. Owners have no say as to which reviews can be posted whilst reviewers are allowed complete anonymity.

Every holiday homeowner knows that sooner or later they will rent to a family or persons whose sole purpose is spend their holiday looking for things to complain about. Often, the complaints are made in an effort to get a massive reduction on the price of their holiday or to get their holiday money refunded. On this site, even where a review has been rejected on the grounds that it is malicious, the reviewer can then post another review so long as they are able to word their comments around the guidelines and prevent it from looking as obviously malicious. The only redress the holiday homeowner has is to post a response but really, by then the damage has often already been done and responding to a malicious review online is not the kind of thing that the average holiday homeowner wants to spend their time doing.

As the majority of the reviews are not monitored unless they are flagged up renting your holiday home can become a stressful experience on this site. Even if ten of your reviews are positive one malicious review one can potentially destroy your business.

Questions? Get answers from the Holiday-Rentals.co.uk staff and other customers.

Holiday-Rentals.co.uk?