Hifi-Tower.co.uk

Hifi-Tower.co.uk has a consumer rating of 1.83 stars from 24 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Hifi-Tower.co.uk also ranks 40th among Music Equipment sites. The most common issues with Hifi-Tower.co.uk are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• I contacted customer service and, as usual, it takes over 24-hours for a response.
How would you rate Hifi-Tower.co.uk?

“im happy with it”

Elisabeth Z.
12/1/15

I bought this Herakles touch blender, cuz I wanted to get a good blender but without spending that much, so I looked through the variety of blenders and saw this one. I ordered the black one, looks quite good, really like the touch pad, its working well. the extra thermometer is funny, idk when to use it yet but ok. what I also like is the jug, cuz its not like all these other ones! easy to clean. for now I only tried out making smoothies and even crushing ice. its def working great :)

“Awful customer service”

Beth K.
4/17/20

Do not expect any kind of reason from this company. Refused to look into missing delivery and refused to let me talk to a manager to resolve. Put the phone down saying we can't do that' and give no reasonable explanation as to why one part of the delivery arrives and the other didn't! Rude and uncooperative, a very upsetting experience.

customer service (7)
bethk227
April 17th, 2020
carolynm538
December 27th, 2019
Received a Belle Epoch hifi which is a total dud! The only thing which works is the on/off light. It's just cheap plastic. Absolutely nothing functions on it. A complete waste of money. Do not buy a hifi from this company. Too much hassle to send back such a heavy, large item. I wish I'd read all the other awful reviews on this company before ordering from them
davidm316
September 21st, 2015
They sent out the wrong products, still following up
philt90
May 19th, 2020
Ordered a trampoline 5 weeks ago literally no response to any communication. Want my money back. Suggest nobody risks placing a single order with these cowboys
disgruntledc20
June 29th, 2020
Legal Action taken for a refund
Legal Action taken for a refund , Court Judgment obtained - Enforcement action now instructed
UK & Germany, their assets will be seized , what a bunch of Cowboys
AVOID- please don't be fooled
shaned166
May 15th, 2020
WARNING
DO NOT USE
they just take you re money and then don't send and if items say there in stock when u order no no no no u would be mistaken they are not in stock u will soon find out beware.
maeves3
November 7th, 2019
30 Days later I'm getting a refund but not until I drop it back to the post office for the second time and it is received by them. forget it ! too much hassle
em105
July 28th, 2018
On 8 July I ordered a set of speakers from their website. It should be noted that I was charged immediately on order. The order stated I could expect delivery in 4-6 working days. There's a link provided to you, for where you can see your order status.

A week later, I noticed the order never shipped. I contacted customer service and, as usual, it takes over 24-hours for a response. Their phone numbers don't ever appear to work, which raised my suspicions. I am adding screenshots of the email exchanges below, but essentially I was told twice that the item would ship in the next 3 working days or that shipping was imminent. It never happened.

Finally, after demanding a refund, I'm told on 28 July that "due to backlog at the warehouse and logistic issues, we have had to cancel your order."

This is a disgraceful German company who likely never had the speakers and was happy to waste my time while holding on to my funds, in the process.

Tip for consumers: Do not order anything from here. Simply because the website says the item is in stock, this doesn't mean anything.

sk643
October 19th, 2017
Terrible service.
I bought 2 floor standing speakers on auna website. Almost 3 weeks and 15 phone calls to HiFi - Tower (auna UK) still cant sort things out with them.
After around 10 days and 5 phone calls (as they lost my order, somehow) I received one speaker, damaged in transit. Second arrived the next day.
I called them around 10 times now, to arrange replacement, nobody sims to be interested at all.
So, £181 paid 3 weeks ago and I have 1 working speaker.

Very unprofessional approach to customers by Hifi-Tower.

Stay away from HiFi-Tower and buy in some different place if you wont hassle free experience.
edwardw62
May 25th, 2017
Doesn't work on my TV, the product doesn't work on any adapters, the instruction manual is weak and unclear. A complete waste of time and money. Hifi Tower return registration page is 'unsecured' so cant return item, customer services is closed for national holiday so can't call them. Will not buy from them again, and will be reporting them to trading standards for selling products with false advertising, product isnt compatable and customer service and website is not customer friendly.
johnc1659
June 18th, 2018
Informed with with news that my food deh was out of stock 3 days after the expected time of delivery, what's worse is they emailed me a preworded email with the news.
johnc289
January 21st, 2015
Horrendous. I ordered speakers 2 weeks in advance of a party and the day before party they still have not arrived. I rang hi-fi tower and waited on the line for 15-20 mins. Lady then said they would ring back. I missed the call but left a message to say they will resend the items and give me back 5 euro for inconvenience..Woo Hoo!! No explanation and still have not received any confirmation of resend..Appalling. I will never buy from here again and I will urge any one to do same. Very unhappy customer.

Tip for consumers: Avoid!!

sp1027
December 11th, 2016
The product broke within 9 months and I'd hardly use it. Very disappointed with the customer service also.
carolm453
July 20th, 2018
i ordered a air cooler through Ebay from HI Fi Tower for £67.99 on the 1st July 2018.Delivery was 7 to 10 days. It took 12 days to arrive .,When it arrived on Friday 13th , the plastic water tank was cracked and it had a large scratch down the side I phoned 12 times the same day without success .Therefore, I sent a email to them , the website said, i would get a reply within 24 hrs , there has been no reply ,even now a week later .I phoned again on Monday 16th july ,i spoke to VanJat he said ,i would be emailed a return label within 24 hrs ,5 days later i am still waiting .Vanjat said 'only when they receive the air cooler back i can get a refund' .I phoned again on the following Friday 20th July ,I was on hold for 7 mins ,then i gave up .I am now going to write to them to start preparing to take them to the small claims court ,adding on compensation for time and stress caused .,Ebay had a score of 98.9 ,i think they should refuse to have them on there site ,the number should be greatly reduced .if i could give minus star rating i would
danielb312
March 30th, 2018
Delivery took longer than expected. Tried calling but couldnt get through several times. next time i won't bother and will order from anywhere else.
elisabethz
December 1st, 2015
juliem220
August 12th, 2017
purchased (or a least tried to - it never arrived) a dog barking collars. When it hadn't arrived I emailed them, they apologised saying due to no postcode the item didn't ship! A. Ireland don't have postcodes and B. It would have been nice to have been informed of this.

Anyway they offered a 10 euro refund for the inconvenience and said my item would dispatch the next day! 2 weeks later still no item so I emailed them again - very rude responses saying it was ups fault and my fault for not giving a postcode - at this stage felt like I was talking to a wall as this had already been clarified or so I thought 2 weeks previous.

I replied saying I wanted a refuns at this stage and would take my business elsewhere. To this I got a reply that it was my fault and they didn't even have to give me the 10 euro they refunded me earlier as it wasn't their fault! Wow amazing customer service. I then asked to speak to a supervisor to which I got a reply that they could send me on the item as soon as ups sent it back to them! Talk about not being listened to. I just wanted to let people know that if you deal with this company and anything goes wrong they're not going to be in any helpful or friendly so just beware
barrye19
November 2nd, 2016
I HAVE TO SAY THAT HI FI TOWER CUSTOMER SERVICE IS WELL ABOVE 5 STAR. WE PURCHASED 2 OVENS FROM THEM THAT CAME ON TIME WELL WRAPPED. WE ARE VERY HAPPY WITH THE SERVICE AND THIS COMPANY AND WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY AMD CERTAINLY SHOP WITH THEM AGAIN. SO EFFICIENT AND POLITE. THIS COMPANY MAKES SHOPPING A DREAM COME TRUE

MR & MRS EVANS
bobs137
November 11th, 2014
Appears that Auna and HiFi Tower are the same company. I found this out when I had to call their premium rate customer service number.
I placed an order with the company over 2 weeks ago and after not hearing anything I called them to see why my order had not arrived after the 3 days as advised when placing the order. I was then told that my order (Auna karaoke at £134) would not be delivered in time for my daughters birthday and that the company had made an error with my order. I queried how they had taken the funds but then made an error? James, the customer service advisor told me that he would investigate this and also call me back to advise what happened and what the company could do to resolve the issue for me.
Later that day the money was put back into my Paypal account and an email was received from James advising that he had put the funds back in my account, no mention of what the business would do to correct the fact that my daughter would not be getting the karaoke I had promised her or taking my funds with no exchange. I emailed them back and no response.
My advise for anyone thinking of using HiFi Tower or Auna direct is simply - don't. Use someone more reputable like the major UK toy retailers or electrical retailers.
tinah81
December 13th, 2016
Absolute joke of a company ,please do not buy from! Let me down on my daughters Christmas present.
On 27th November i ordered a keyboard as a gift for my daughter ,the item was in stock on the website and I received an email confirmation. On the 1st December as i hadn't had any advice on expected delivery i emailed customer services and received the response that the item was now out of stock but more was expected on the 7th. I agreed to wait , on the 7th as promised i received a dispatch confirmation ,with ups tracking number and expected delivery date of the 11th. when it didnt arrive i again contacted hifi tower and was told there was a delay in dispatching the item ! I received no updates or correspondence about possible delays , only in reply to my emails. When i asked for confirmation that the item would arrive by the 16th i was told there was no guarantee so i asked for a refund. I AM STILL WAITING FOR THIS!
garryf
March 8th, 2013
Ordered a complete PA set up via their ebay store for £169 so my charity can put on fundraising events, the amplifier was so badly dented that it had to be dismantled and straightened out, good job it still worked as needed it next day (took ages to arrive), had to replace one of the subwoofers in speakers then after first use the other one went, they offered me 10% refund on purchase price (£16.99) after paying over £40 to repair what was broken, since then other things have gone wrong, can not contact through ebay, sent two emails through their website and no reply, even said if they made a donation to my charity it would help, nothing, my charity is now down over £170, this is disgusting.
daniell313
June 6th, 2013
I brought a PA system from this site. Although they have alwasy been friendly the equipment they sell is very inferior.

The bass speakers turned up broken.
all 4 xlr cabels broke with in a few uses.
Finally the amp also broke.

They are willing to return items but after the warrently runs out I am totally done for. Very inferior quality equipment.
robertk113
September 24th, 2015
I bought a record player from them. Price was good and shipping went fast. I have nothing to complain about. Would order again.
kalillk
February 26th, 2015
In early December 2014 I made an order online, after I had called the them I was told It would take10 working days for my DJ Music set to be delivered. Went out my way to set up an account on their site only to read few days later that my order has been cancelled. There was no reason given for the cancellation on my account and I received no email etc. The x mas present I had in mind never materialized. Many attempts to reach them failed until the second week in January 2015 after waiting 30 min on phone!. Got my money back a few days after but I still feel cheated!!

At the time of purchasing a dab hifi system from hifi tower homeless situation, and still am to some extent. i required this quite urgently to cover noise in respect of sleeping in the hostel i was in. i asked staff at hifi tower "specifically" if this device had a dab, and was assured it did. additionally, the device proved within a few months to have various faults, i had either not noticed initially or more serious of these... which developed later! a number of times, and they were quite good on this, and in this respect i admit i was at amiss, they did send a number of returns slips for this product to send it back. however, the homeless environment i was in was not easy. for instance... apart from the "huge" social issue, and all manner of emotional issues surrounding this; then also post would often arrive late due to the circumstances... so i think i may have missed one of their return forms here. when they sent another of these by email, one occasion my computer developed a virus... so could not access this on time. admittedly, i was in part wrong, but on the whole i still believe that one: hifi tower should show more compassion and understanding in respect of my circumstances. two: that fundamentally they made the technical error of sending the "wrong" item out in the first place! i had spent a long period with little time and resources looking for a dab radio with tape recorder, and in fact it was about 'even' more than this... it was about getting myself back "on my feet" once more! i only have so many gigs on my wifi device, and use this for writing (i'm an author), and looking for accommodation, but would have wished to be able to listen to my favourite station bbc6 music while doing so with a dab. finally and most importantly perhaps, while hifi tower have now refused to refund the money for this item although it was "their" initial error, which created this lengthy debacle. i have tried to be reasonable with the company and asked that i send this back for repair to these; however i cannot access this device presently as this is in 'storage' so until i find somewhere to live. so i had asked please hifi tower for another few months to return this for fixing, and i would not keep the item in any case, as this is not what i wished, but would seek to give it to a charitable shop... so hifi tower question please...? will you receive this item back for 'only' repair a few months beyond the warranty period please? then if you so feel fit, you may pass this onto to a charity shop yourselves or to some other worthy cause. i just do not wish for please 'yet' another negligent error or simply people not actually caring enough, to prevent this situation from being resolved positively?

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Hifi-Tower.co.uk staff and other customers.

Bargain disco equipment, DJ supplies & hifi shop. We offer everyday low prices on audio, electronics & more. Free standard delivery on all UK orders.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hifi-Tower.co.uk?

Have a question about Hifi-Tower.co.uk?