This website seems to be closed. Find similar businesses

Gourmet Secrets

Gourmet Secrets

Gourmet Secrets has a consumer rating of 2.73 stars from 41 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Gourmet Secrets also ranks 224th among Food & Drink Other sites. The most common issues with Gourmet Secrets are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• First of all paid for a VIP membership, what a waste of money!!
  • Update...ordered last sampler 2 months ago...really surprised as they always just say next month.
How would you rate Gourmet Secrets?

“My Christmas this year was a success because of Gourmet...”

Anita M.
1/1/15

My Christmas this year was a success because of Gourmet Secrets. First, I've sent some of their steaks as a gift to my 3 brothers in Vancouver. This was easy plus my brothers were thrilled. They already BBQ some steaks and loved them! Second, I ordered their Christmas combo, the turkey roast was a great hit with my family, the large cooked shrimps were delicious, the best we've had! They got me for life! I highly recommend them.

“Stay far away from scammer Luc Noel and Gourmet Secrets”

Joe C.
4/19/18

I worked for Gourmet Secrets many years ago and know the owner very well. I have no doubt that Luc Noel is the one and only author of all positive reviews. You cannot believe a word that comes out of his mouth. Further, he is not and has never been a federally inspected producer or supplier of meat items. If he has shipped outside of Alberta (which I doubt) he has done so illegally, just like when he opened a branch in Saskatoon many years ago and was run out of the province.

vip membership (3) 2 months (4)
anitam16
January 1st, 2015
jenng12
October 26th, 2015
I have been using this service for almost one year, and have never had a disappointing meal. We like to try some of the new items, and fully recommend the tuna pizza. It was amazing. Love coming home to a new box of food. I like getting an occasional phone call, reminding me of the current specials. These calls are only occasional, as they do not "bug" for orders or call every week. Fantastic company, fantastic food, fantastic service.
Jenn from Ontario
joec253
April 19th, 2018
tomb119
October 29th, 2014
I love their steaks , chicken, fish all of the non-prepared items. My wife is a great cook so I am spoil so I do not order prepared items but the rest is great. We order every 2 months we have a a VIP membership so shipping is free and we get extra discount. We are happy with them.
christiem2
November 28th, 2014
I've been buying from this company for nearly 2 years and have nothing but good experience. It all started with an online coupon which was very easy to redeem. The food is exceptional. The customer service people are incredibly pleasant. I've had no problems with delivery or communication. I highly recommend this company and their products. Every time I get a new order, I tell my family/friends that they need to get on board as well.
reneew9
June 18th, 2014
As Rick before me stated....no progress with ordering sampler pack for 2 months! Extremely disappointed with the service. Repeated delays due to rising costs are not our problem!. Will be pursuing getting my money back.
Mrs. Wood
jacquesb12
October 31st, 2014
I always order their combo, the variety is great plus I get free shipping and a $50.00 discount. We find this is the right size for our family. We order 1 combo every 2 months it is great.
wendyl14
October 28th, 2014
There jumbo cooked shrimp are the best you can buy anywhere! Served them as shrimp

cocktail to company and they said they had never had such large and tender shrimp. So

easy too; just thaw them overnight in refrigerator. I always keep these on hand. I won't

make Shrimp Scampi without them.
ritab17
October 24th, 2014
I have been a customer since 2010, I love their products everything has been 100%. Our family favorite is there new Salmon Pie it is delicious and like suggested I serve it with a nice Caesar salad.
suzyc4
February 14th, 2014
I have to say I am SO impressed - we have not purchased our meat or seafodd anywhere else for the last 2 years! We live in Edmonton, Alberta and this by far is one of the best places for great food! The food is 110% quality, packaged perfect and the way it is delivered to ensure everything is fresh or still frozen (even when it was =30 above!) - what can I say GREAT! Make sure you try the steaks and the fish.... oh lets not forget the stuffed potatoes! Ok have to place another order folks - do try this company
andrewi3
November 21st, 2014
I have been dealing with GS for a few years- Exec Membership. In general the food is of good quality and we have been pretty happy with the food. Recently the service has become TERRIBLE and I have had lot of issues getting my shipments and orders processed. I have to say the team is useless when you need to deal with them. On top of this in the last year the price of the steak has gone through the roof. An average steak is now $12-18 when you purchase 8+ boxes of items (the steaks are not large portions). They were much better to deal with a year ago!!!!!!
simong18
July 16th, 2014
I have been ordering from Gourmet Secrets for at least 3 years, and I have been satisfied every time. I always order my staple items- for example, filet mignon, chicken breasts, mozzarella sticks and the deluxe bacon, of course- but I have been meaning to try some of the other things I don't usually order from them. So when the Sampler's Club came around, I immediately signed up for it, and I have enjoyed everything I've received so far!
I was surprised to receive a call from Gourmet Secrets in May about my Sampler's Club package. They let me know that due to an enormous amount of orders they received because of the beef price increase, as well as their move to a bigger and better facility to accommodate the unexpected increase in volume, that my order would be delayed, and that some of their items were not in stock right away due to the change in facility. I was upset- after all, I had already paid them up-front- but I understand that unexpected situations happen and that moving facilities, especially for something that needs freezers and specialized machines for packaging, was a time-consuming, stressful and challenging task already. I appreciate that they called me to let me know of the situation- a lot of businesses wouldn't even do that!
They took the time to explain that I wouldn't be missing any of my Sampler's Club packages since they would extend the promotion, and which items I could switch everything out for that I would be missing otherwise in my order. When all was said and done, and I got my regular order, I was just as happy and satisfied with the food, and I will be waiting eagerly for my Sampler's Club packages when they start again!
All in all, they have served me very well for the last 3 years, so when a situation like this comes up, and they take the time to let me know and explain exactly what is happening, I think they should catch a break so they can get even better!
tianal
November 8th, 2014
Last Xmas we gave Gourmet Secrets steaks to our employees (18). This year we asked them for some suggestions and unanimously they requested more of those fabulous steaks (Ribeyes 8oz). Thanks to Gourmet secrets our corporate gift choir became easy and made our employee super happy. If you own a company and you are looking for corporate gift this is great, you will not be disappointed! PS My husband and I love there stuff we became good customers.
lisel10
September 15th, 2016
Like so many others who posted reviews I am totally disappointed with the service. I have been a member for many years and the service used to be good but the last year it has gone downhill. They are very quick at selling you repeat packages and charge you upfront for all of them but then they can't deliver and you have to call, and call, and call to try and get a refund. I will NEVER order from them again. They still owe me money and wonder if and when I will get the refund.
carlat4
February 28th, 2014
I have been ordering from Gourmet Secrets for a year and a half and couldn't be more pleased! They have a wide variety of everything!! My favorites usually come from the fish and seafood section and since I live in Southern B.C.(not near the ocean) the seafood selection in my town is very small. ( If you are a fish fan - you have to try the Tuna steaks!! Honestly, with olive oil and a little salt and pepper - Delish!! ) Everything I have ordered, I have been happy with. I particularly enjoy that there are Canadian certified wild options! Way to go!! Since 70% of our fish from the supermarket is from Asia - No thanks!!

The website is clear and user friendly and I love the convenience of my order showing up at my door over dry ice. Overall, Gourmet secrets has definitely enhanced the dinner table in our home. Gourmet Secrets will always have a place at our dinner table.

Carla
richarde16
February 10th, 2015
I have been ordering for several years now and i have to admit, nothing beats this food.

I always like to keep a little bit of everything in my freezer so having everything portion control makes it easy for me to pick and choose what i want to bring from my deep freeze into my fridge freezer.
It's neat because when i entertain, i always get enourmous compliments on the different meals i make and they always want more! I've gotten a lot of my friends to try out their services and I've recently became a VIP member and they sent me a steak gift box and now i get free shipping whether i send gifts (huge save on time, money and everyone likes food btw!) or for my monthly order!

These services are awesome. They got an awesome guarantee (they actually replaced my whole order once) and the customer service always let me know if anything was up with my orders. 5 stars cant wait to see more unique products!!
maxb43
January 30th, 2014
I found Gourmet Secrets through one of my friends who recommended it to me. All i gotta say is wow! What amazing food! My girlfriend and I order packages every 2 to 3 months and the food is always amazing!

It might seem as if the products are in the higher end of prices but its definitely worth every penny. Their steaks are succulent and the fish is very fresh!

In the long run its very good quality food for its very fair price! Very amazing and I would recommend it to anyone who would like to try amazing food!
michaell89
May 1st, 2014
I have ordered some Steakhouse cuts and some Bison steaks from them. The steakhouse steaks where the best i ever had but bison was hard and chewy. I will definitely buy more beef steaks but no more bison, maybe I don't know how to cook bison. Service was good and the food did arrived nice and froze.
clairee12
July 11th, 2016
I would like to know when I will get my refund. I bought 6 packages of meat in November 2015. I ONLY got 2 packages and then the excuses started. They keep saying they will refund my $300.00, but they are not doing that. I'm very upset with this company
rickw18
June 16th, 2014
Update...ordered last sampler 2 months ago...really surprised as they always just say next month. New scam is take the order and then never send the product. Anyone stupid enough to give them money after reading about there reviews deserves to loose it all! Out of all the hundreds of online companies I have used only this one and one other is a ripoff !! Do not use them !!
Amanda P. – Gourmet Secrets Rep
Hello Rick,
Let's clarify the situation. In April, there was a huge price increase on beef across Canada. We were able to maintain our price for April and May, the result: we received thousands of orders across Canada. This created a crisis at our plant, so we had to acquire a bigger facility, and we are in process of moving. Keep in mind that you paid $16.66 per sampler box. If you wish to get refund for May/June sampler box, you are more than welcome to call us. The sampler box is going to be available once we catch up, and the promotion will be extended. Sorry about the inconvenience, but the good news is once everything is completed, we will be able to provide our customers better and quicker service.
p.s. We are not going out of business. We are growing!
elizabethg34
July 3rd, 2014
I have had very good experience with my first two orders. this was prior to the company launch of the VIP Member Club which I paid $149.00 to join. I have just placed my first order and having received a email confirming the shipped order date of delivery I was surprised to also receive a phone call informing that they did not have the items that I ordered. They now inform me that the Halibut Portions are steaks rather than fillets and they are waiting for delivery of Orange Roughy. I have requested a full refund plus a refund of my VIP membership as I see no benefit to paying a Company that can not deliver the goods, free or otherwise! I will never order from this company again, which is too bad as the quality of food I initially received was good even though it quite a bit more expensive.
Elizabeth Regina, Sask.
geraldl20
November 29th, 2014
I am a retired business owner in Ontario. We owned a Butcher shop in a small town for over 25 years I am always looking for quality steaks. One of my friend talk to me about Gourmet Secrets and I decide to give them a try. Well let me tell you their steaks are just the best and my wife just raves about their chicken and seafood. The service is great Amanda and Micheal are always helpful and polite. I love this company and hope that many people will supported them as a retired business owner I understand how hard it is to keep a business going these days. I highly recommend them!
sananthag
October 28th, 2014
Just received my first order, I was very sceptical because of some of the reviews I read. But I got to say they are very wrong this company rocks. My experience with them has been first class the food is absolutely marvellous, they go beyond to help you, and delivery was perfect. This is great do not let these negative review stop you from ordering from them. If I could I give them 10 stars.
williamh70
June 25th, 2014
My experience same as the last 2 reviews. I've tried to order sample pack for May/June from their website 4 times since the beginning of May 2014. Message about link being available next week all 4 times. I've followed up with phone calls and I've only been given excuses. I'm feeling that I've been royally ripped off. Of the 6 sample packs I purchased as a Groupon Deal and paid for, I've received 1. Beware!!!
Amanda P. – Gourmet Secrets Rep
Hello William,
We apologize for the delay in delivering the Sampler’s Club packages, and appreciate you reaching out to us by phone. As we have explained to others, in April, the price of beef increased significantly for consumers in Canada: however, we were able to keep our prices low for our customers for both April and May, which resulted in a unexpected flood of orders much sooner than we had anticipated. Instead of happening after our transition to a larger facility, it ended up happening right in the middle of it, and it has resulted in this unfortunate delay in shipping out orders. We are sorry that these circumstances are excuses to you, as we are working as fast as we can to get back on schedule through these growing pains. If you purchased a deal through Groupon, you should be able to contact them for a refund of your coupon purchase. Rest assured that we will resume the Sampler’s Club deliveries as soon as we are caught up, and you will not miss a single month that you have paid for. Thank you very much for your understanding!
judyc24
April 1st, 2015
why are there no real cooking instructions for your product ?? I have the chicken and rib medallions and this is all it suggests. "Grill, broil or bake until no longer pink inside and juices run clear. " Doesn't really help you cook it to perfection.

Questions? Get answers from the Gourmet Secrets staff and other customers.

Amanda P.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gourmet Secrets?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

2.7
Have a question about Gourmet Secrets?