Review of GoComics

1130 Walnut Street
Kansas City, MO 64106, US

megk4
3/22/18

I created an account and commented about how Jump Start is the most preachy, heavy-handed, moralistic comic strip ever, and I wish it wasn't in my local paper! The comment was gone by the next day. I guess they have fragile egos over there...

johnr550
10/24/17

I renewed by credit card for a year.Within 10 days I stopped receiving the comics I'd susbscribed to. When I opened a ticket they told me I had not renewed even though my account shows clearly that I have.

It's possible to dig out a support phone number, and they claim they will answer it eventually - but they don't.

Taking your money then denying you've paid amounts to fraud - whether they intend it or not. So I'll be contesting the credit card charge.

michaelp69
1,384 helpful votes
10/7/13

Great website. Super well done and organized. High quality comics with a nice zoom feature. I am a Peanuts fan and this has Peanuts that you can go back to the first one made. Click on the calendar once you pick the strip. I went all the way back to Monday October 2, 1950 and saw the first one C. Schulz printed. I could not find this even on Peanuts.com. Shame on you Peanuts.com. Hooray and long live Gocomics.com

anitap3
4/25/13

Our favorite comics may be online, and they may be there! The latest contributions from Garfield, Calvin & Hobbes, Doonesbury, Cathy, Ziggy, and many others will be found at this easy-to-use site.

tn1
1,551 helpful votes
3/26/11

I'm a late bloomer when it comes to some things: eating sushi, getting an iPhone, finding out that you don't have to suffer through motion sickness - that there's actually a pill for that kind of thing (which would have saved me a lot of suffering through my one week trip to Vietnam years ago). I stopped watching cartoons at the age of 6 or 7 and hardly read comics as a child (other than Beetle Bailey, for some very odd reason - why would a small Vietnamese girl feel drawn to Beetle Bailey?).

At the age of 25, through my desperate attempts at finding something that would engage one of my students, I found Calvin and Hobbes (or as another student referred to it, Calvin and Hobos). After reading a couple comics, I was hooked, and with this obsessive personality, I went out and bought every Calvin & Hobbes book I could find. It's probably the only thing that I consistently laugh out loud at - though I sometimes find myself concerned about Calvin's attitude and reckless behaviors' influencing my students' behaviors. After a second's thought though, I'm back at it.

When I left the first school at which I taught, I left my C&H collection behind for the boys to enjoy (which they did, immensely). I was reminded of those books as I recently found my extra copy of Yukon Ho! (not the best but still good) in a pile of books. Eventually I'll restore my collection, but the website will do for now - a C&H strip a day to accompany my cup of coffee - doesn't get much better than that.

Questions? Get answers from the GoComics staff and other customers.

GoComics?