Review of Getpaint.net

Getpaint.net reviews

tonyf64
4/17/18

I have been using this program as long as I can remember. It is much easier to understand & use then the well known GIMP. It also works in layers & it great for pretty much all my image editing & creating needs. I especially love that I can make transparent images & text with it.

On note of other reviews I have never seen this program try to install anything 3rd party other then .NET Frameworks as its needed to run being it works in frames. The person who said it tries to install ad-ware is misinformed & must have installed from a 3rd party site that made changes to the installer. I know for a fact that it does not install ad-ware or anything harmful. If you download it from GetPaint.net you will not have such problems.

mikew71
10/29/13

It tries to install a bunch of ad-ware, change your search tools, and I'm not even sure if it installs the software! Go get paint.net on cnet downloads....

darrenh1
6/8/10

I love using Photoshop, it's a really cool tool to manipulate pics, create logos or paint digitally. The problem with it, is that it's freaking expensive! Expensive enough that most people who just would like it to have fun pasting Grampa's head on Gramma's body (who doesn't right?) cannot afford the nearly $1000 dollar price tag for the latest version which I think is #12 Creative Suite or something. Now unless of course you don't mind using Photoshop 1 or 2 for about $20 bucks (maybe even free now) and seems like it came out in 1954 with pixels the size of your thumb nail. So if you are not into that idea, the great news is that you can download a substitute that is remarkably impressive considering that it's free. Paint.net has been around a little while now and since I've been using Photoshop programs since 1998 , I put this free one to the test and it really impressed me. Doesn't have all the fancy bells and whistles Photoshop has but it's damn close. Let's just say I had no trouble putting Grampa's head on Gramma's body and vice -versa. I just wished I hadn't emailed everyone in the family my little masterpiece, guess I got carried away and well, I thought it was funny at the time. They're old and they'll forget about it by next week anyways.
Also, come to think of it, I said "bells and whistles" to describe Photoshop which is a silly saying, since I've yet to find a bell or whistle tool in photoshop, but if you've used Photoshop before, you know what I'm saying right?

Questions? Get answers from the Getpaint.net staff and other customers.

Getpaint.net?