Ever since the release of some the big MMORPG titles (World of Warcraft, Everquest, Eve online, Aion etc.), the market for virtual gaming gold has exploded and become a business in its own right. Gamers all over the world are now purchasing gaming currency using real currency, in order to pimp out their virtual alter-ego character.
Most of this business is run by Chinese companies. Over 400.000 people in China are employed by companies who make business farming and selling virtual gold.
Some of them, like GDPchina, have become infamous for systematically defrauding their costumers. A quick google on the name "GDPchina" returns numerous threads on complaint boards, with people bashing the company and telling anecdotes about their poor service, ruthless methods and complete lack of respect for their costumers.
Generally, the story goes something like this:
1. The company sells cheap gold for various online games, including WoW.
2. They promise gold delivery usually within 30 mins. After 24 hours, you are entitled to a complete refund. Or so their website proclaims.
3. The gold never arrives on time. It usually takes several days, sometimes weeks. Even months. They will lie about delivery and stock and ignore you if you expose these lies to them.
4. They never give you a refund, for various more-or-less ridiculous excuses. The most common excuse is, that only the manager has access to their Paypal account. The manager however, is never there.
5. You are only able to contact them through their online help chat. They do not answer their phone (neither the American or the Chinese one) and no one in their costumer service department has any contact information on anyone higher up in the hierarchy. Actually, the costumer service representative is completely useless and cannot help you in any way whatsoever.
GDPchina, like most of these scam-sites, are actually part of the same network, run by HICHINA ZHICHENG TECHONOLOGY LTD.
Hichina is an infamous company in Beijing, who funds various scam-sites. The sites usually sell cheap replicas of American brand-clothing or virtual gaming gold, while rarely delivering their orders on time (if ever).
Hichina does business in the following fashion:
1. They setup dummy corporations or fund ponzi schemes (like GDP digital entertaiment servicies Ltd.).
2. These corporations operate through various websites (gdpchina.com, power-levet.net, helpwow.com or sinowears.com, womenshoeonsale.com and others).
3. These websites are usually hosted by American dummy servers, since virtual gold selling is illegal under China law.
4. Hichina or their affiliates pay Chinese hackers to setup spyware or viruses on these websites, which will then use the costumer's e-mail adress for spam. Some of the gold-selling websites also use keyloggers, a malicious software which will download to the persons computer without their knowledge and then send sensitive information back to the hackers. The hackers will then hack the person's wow account and steal their gold. This is how they get some of their gold (by selling one costumer's gold to another costumer).
As for GDPChina itself; it is a company located in the Nanping district of Chonqing in China. The manager is Dian Lei (western name would be "Leidian"). It emploes aproximately 40 people, most of which are costumer service-representatives, mostly girls working for minimum wages. Their jobs consist of supervising a transaction, monitoring it and report back to the costumer once the order is ready.
Whenever an order is placed on GDPChina, a costumer representative will book the order and pass it on to a manager somewhere else. This manager will then check with the affiliate hackers to see if any hacked gold is available for covering the order.
If not, the order is passed on to the traders. Traders usually buy gold from Chinese farmers. These Chinese farmers are players who farm on hacked wow accounts. Whenever one of these accounts are banned, the company has to get another account before they can begin to farm. This explains why orders usually take several days or weeks to fill.
i did have same problem like all of u i order 100k gold and they said they have 350k in stock and only 30 min dleiver time and at the end of my order they wannted my id or passport so i gave e to it but only whit the name and exp date visible the rest was removed and then it was like silence i waited like 2 days be4 they called me in the midle of the night to give me 3900 gold and told me to inv there gold farmer to guild whit the inv to guild perm and they add gold to bank but nothing happen and i called them and mesage them like 3 or 4 times per day and always same thing we are still farming ur gold we call when we are ready after 5th day i start to check the trust and i found soooooooo manny complain about this site so i did understand i got scammed and i have very huge security on my paypal and bank card so i just called paypal an told them my prob and they blocked the site for incoming cash becuz it was not the 1st time this have happen and they told me if i get my gods i should call a special number and they will restore the gold to them again. and it took like 1 hour befor they called and ask why i stop the cash for the order and i said whit ur bad service and scaming news i rather order from a trusted site and said i have reported them to paypal scaming page . and they said that we do all we can to make ur order please restore the gold and we deliver now . and i said that i will not and hang up . 1day later they called me and this dude was 100% english perfect on the lang like the others dident was and said please logg on and we give u the gold we have to show u that we will deliver so i logg and they did game me gold for an hour the played in guild bank 5200+ 9200+ 58000+10000 and then they called back and siad they vill deliver all when they got the moned so i calculated what the gold i have got was worth from there site and game back that ammount and it took em another 2 weeks to deliver the rest gold . so This site is NOT a trusted becuz they hack other players to get the gold they DONT farm for them self sao if u need instant gold whit 100% trust go order from http://www.bankofwow.com/ have order huge amoount from there and they have top 1 hour delivery time never NEVER order from gdpchina they say all thing like they are parner whit china and $#*! and that they are lockated in china BUt they are not they are lockated in Californa Us . ps + Maybe smaler order like 5000 they can handle fast but even if ui will order 1000g some other time This is not the place for me so i say to you all go for Bank ofwow and get ur gold safe and whit 100% trust
They are CRIMINALS using PAYPAL to stole ppl money !
This site is unquestionably a complete scam. They will confirm payment and simply never deliver the service, full stop.
They operate under many different names also, Jiandan Game, Gamim, and several others.
For your own sake, I hope you never fall for this scam.
they scam everyone.. buyer beware.. Wish I would have read up on them first....
I found this web site that seems to be part of the power-level.net company as they have the same live chat text come up with the gdp stuff, I have been told in the past by PayPal that virtual goods arent covered by them as there is no way to prove you havent received the goods etc, I have set a disput in action against power-level.net and if paypal don't help me then im going to trading standards about this, this stuff can't keep going on cus as long as it does then things will just get worse as people find they can get away with it then every one will join in.......... I hate power-level.net i want to bomb them and all their workers for being so ignorent and for being scammers..... they deserve to be hung up...........
I got my power leveling done pretty quick, i was quite happy with the service
scammers - www.gdpchina.com, power-level.net, helpwow.com
are from the same scam company, they sell intangible goods knowing that paypal won't protect the customers, therefore they can do whatever they want woth your money.
Customer Questions & Answers
Did You Find This Page Useful?
Business owners: What’s your side of the story?
Manage your business