Review of Gawker Media

features@gawker.com

5 reviews with 4 stars

fernp2
9/25/14

I follow Gawker on FB, and for the most part I enjoy the articles. I do have a big problem with their left-side flyout which overlays the copy and makes it almost impossible to read or comment on articles.

antigonek
6/9/14

You know, I really like gawker. They tend to do a pretty good job covering whats going on in the world in a funny way. 4 stars because its a shade too liberal for my liking. (but only a shade! )

sheilam20
3/23/14

Pros:
-They have some really outstanding commentators/posters
-They have some really great writers (and some not-so-great writers)
-Updated several times a day so there is always fresh content; just scroll past the stuff you have no interest in
-Covers a wide variety of topics
-I like being able to star and reward the wittier commentators

Cons:
-The Kinja commenting system sucks
-It used to be easier to ignore the trolls and mouthbreathers
-Shouldn't be allowed to have burner accounts

Just to consider if you are on the fence:
-Gawker is liberal-leaning. It isn't really a problem for me, but a lot of people complain about it. Just be aware if you are a conservative/Republican.
-Very New-York centric (they are based in NY). Once again, not really a problem for me but be aware if you aren't really a fan of NY or NY news.

charlest26
3/4/14

I read Gawker about 20k times/day. I have actually exchanged emails a few times with several of the journalists there. They just seem to have their pulse on the most topical social themes and news stories at any given moment. They don't sugarcoat or dumb down anything for a mainstream audience. I think that is the main reason why they have broken so many significant stories over the years. The mainstream media doesn't really care what people actually think or want. Gawker does. That's why its great.

chirstys
5/1/07

Gossip blog, anyone? - Gawker Stalker is sooo addictive. I wish I could follow celebrities around all day.

Questions? Get answers from the Gawker Media staff and other customers.

Gawker Media?