Free Wills

Free Wills has a consumer rating of 4.73 stars from 30 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Free Wills most frequently mention excellent service. Free Wills ranks 7th among Legal Documents sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 93.1%
How would you rate Free Wills?

“Couldn't be easier”

Morag H.
1/16/21

A very easy to use website. Self explanatory step by step guides. I have written a will before so knew what to expect but I think even a first timer user would find this very easy. There's even the option to get it professionally checked if in doubt. I ordered a bound copy & that arrived quickly too. I'm very impressed & will not hesitate to keep my will up to date using this company.

“Almost impossible to make any amendments to the standard Template”

Akbar U.
11/30/20

Not user friendly. If you agree with their wording, it's great!. However their system does not allow for any amendments to their format. They should send the document in word format, to make any changes as required.

moragh1
January 16th, 2021

Products used:
Free Will writing service

rogerg245
November 30th, 2020

After spending a long time searching for a professional will writing service I came across FreeWills. And they are free with the applicable legal definitions to suit all of my requirements and wishes. I received a pdf of my will the same day, in addition I paid for a hard copy (£15) which arrived today. (4 working days). Tomorrow I shall get it witnessed then into safe storage. An excellent service and I have no hesitation in recommending this company. Thank you FreeWills.

jackiep187
September 24th, 2020

I found the website very useful. They were quick to answer my estate plan questions. I now can sleep easy at night.

carltonm35
November 6th, 2020

I was most impressed. Very quick and easy to use with prompts providing valuable advice. This service is 'exemplary', it is super quick and the process is super efficient. I wrote my will, they then had it checked professionally, and quickly responded, they had it bound and I received it by post to my home within a week! They even provided me executors and notified me about the pitfalls of not storing your will in a safe but accessible place. I have worked for City Solicitors in the past and I give this company 10 out of 10.

Mr C

paulw1260
December 11th, 2020

Informed bound copy posted 4. 12. 20 still have not received 10. 12. 20.
So cannot comment on bound copy.
Six days in post not good.

freew5
Free W. – Free Wills Rep

Hello Paul,
Apologies that you have not received your Will via post yet. I'm afraid we use Royal Mail like everyone else and at this time of year there are postal delays which are out of our control. If it doesn't arrive by Wednesday next week please let me know and I can post another one straight away for you.
Best wishes
Jenny
Free Wills Support

montya9
December 10th, 2020

Found this much easier than the process of visiting expensive lawyers, especially given that our needs were very simple. Will info is entered online, then printed off when finished, for signing. The company does offer other services which we did not require.

joyceh338
November 6th, 2020

As the Covid-19 figures were rising every day I thought it was time to revise my will. I looked on line and saw Free Wills. The process was easy to follow with explanations to all the legal terms as I went along. Whilst I could have had just the free service I opted for the Will checking for errors which cost £20 then to have a paper copy as well as the downloaded copy for another £20. The paper copy has arrived within the week and looks very professional. I thought £40 was a fair price to pay for this peace of mind.

davide1258
December 9th, 2020

Does what it said on the tin
Got answers back and changes I asked for easy by email
Made it even more simple to follow

anthonyh729
November 6th, 2020

Not being married needed to make a will for peace of mind if anything should happen to me free wills provided an excellent service would highly recommend this company

carold741
December 2nd, 2020

I wanted a simple easy free will and this site offered me just that. I looked at other sites but their wills were more complicated to use and often incurred costs. Took less than 10 minutes to produce a legal document and give me and my executor peace of mind.

laurab1820
August 8th, 2020

Took no longer than half an hour to complete my Will. Extremely easy to follow using the step by step help. Thank you.

helenr405
November 30th, 2020

Very easy to use. Will prepared in minutes and totally free. Just printed it out and it looks professional. Also they kept in touch to make sure we were happy with everything.

mikel1357
December 22nd, 2020

Most people in my age group (75) do not have huge amounts of money. Most people in their autumn years have fairly uncomplicated wishes for their wills. If you are in this category why would you spend a great deal of your modest funds by employing a solicitor? It took me very little time to follow the step by step guide to complete all of my wishes and get a professional looking will, complete with all legal jargon! I printed my own as I have a decent home publishing set up but Free Wills will print the will for a modest fee. You then have the option of donating a small 'tip' to Free Wills. What's not to like? Excellent service.

peterm1534
January 20th, 2021

Easy to understand and follow with very clear definitions of what was required. Simple step by step pages which made a difficult job easy. You can also go back and amend it easily when you have thought more about about it.

pauls2544
November 18th, 2020

I couldn't believe this was a 'free' will writing service. Fully expected to get to the last page and be told to 'Leave your email address and for a fee... etc.' But, no. You are offered extras at a small cost along the way but it's up to you if you want them. My will and my wife's weren't complex so it was a simple process. Excellent!

barryw245
November 30th, 2020

Very easy to use if you want a straight forward will. Very satisfied. I also liked the idea that you could leave a tip if satisfied. It could be free if you want it, no obligation, but you could also show your appreciation for their service, which seemed only fair to me.

royp149
November 2nd, 2020

Everything was explained and carried out efficiently, and to my requirements. I would not have been able to do it without their help. Perfect.

evelync218
January 1st, 2021

I found everything very easy to do. I had one question which was answered very quickly and was helpful.
Can fully recommend the experience.

malcolmr51
November 18th, 2020

Very easy to use, even for me
Tried to sell extras so knocked down to 4 stars, didn't seem expensive for the extras till I added them up

kayc432
November 30th, 2020

Very quick and easy to sort out and very friendly people to sort things exactly how you want things set up. Highly recommend

peterw885
January 28th, 2021

So quick and easy! I've printed it off... I might buy the booklet! Brilliant company. My daughter loves this too

joyp121
December 10th, 2020

Very user-friendly without all the technical jargon that is produced at the Solicitor. Would have liked to re-word some of the details / answers, but the system doesn't allow that - perhaps the document could be produced in Word format so that changes could be made?

carolinew542
January 20th, 2021

Excellent service helping me make my Will, put my mind at ease knowing my children are provided for in the future

paulm2317
January 11th, 2021

So easy to use, so simple to understand they guide through each stage. Really pleased with how it went.

lolitak5
November 15th, 2020

I found this site quick and easy to use. I used their services and had the will typed and bound which was very economical compared to the cost of using a solicitor.

Questions? Get answers from the Free Wills staff and other customers.

freew5
Free W.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Free Wills?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

4.7
Have a question about Free Wills?