Tropical Fish Forums

Tropical Fish Forums has a consumer rating of 3 stars from 2 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Tropical Fish Forums ranks 77th among Forum sites.

How would you rate Tropical Fish Forums?

“Pet tropical fish.”

Mohd f.
6/23/19

As a beginner, you want to choose the tropical fish that give you the best chance of success with your home aquarium. There is a lot to learn for the fish keeper who is just starting out, and picking fish that are fun and easy to care for is important.

“Unethical Practices”

Amy H.
1/5/20

This forum had a contest for "Tank of the Year", which I won, and they have made no attempts to give me the prize that I won - a 50.00 gift card. I was "blocked" from using the forum because my views, as a woman, were different (and deemed challenging to) the primary male voices that ruled the forum. If I asked that these males describe why they suggested a particular method of treatment for fish or why they recommended a certain view I was called "combative". It was outrageous that the forum protected the rights of these males to give their opinions and shut down any questions from others of explanation. Ultimately, I was blocked from using the forum for giving advice that was counter to this largely male voice and/or for asking why they were making a recommendation. After being blocked from using the forum they put up my tank for the vote in their contest for tank of the year. Which I won. They have made no moves to give me the prize, nor can I contact them to claim it. If they had no intention to give me the prize, why was it put up for a vote? This forum is unethical; and, it is an echo chamber for a handful of males to spout their opinions without interruption. Stay away!

mohdf13
June 23rd, 2019

amyh531
January 5th, 2020

Stay away!

Questions? Get answers from the Tropical Fish Forums staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tropical Fish Forums?

Have a question about Tropical Fish Forums?