Review of FamilyTreeNow

FamilyTreeNow reviews

Roseville, CA 95661, US

denisr23
2/16/18

VERY displeased with the results. Very vague as to the regions of origin.
We called and were told that they only can do general regions and everyone else's analysis is wrong.
What a waste of money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

merrittm24
11/8/17

So just so you understand. I was using this DNA testing to double check another DNA testing company. This is a good idea too. So they send me the results back showing that I am from Western Europe, who would have known that. I mean a white person in America? No specifics like German, French, Italian, etc they did say I was partly from the British isles. Nothing like English, scotch, irish etc. So I questioned them and they made claims that the irish are not distinguishable from English. A total lie, other DNA companies have that ability. So then she said they didn't so there you are, they are selling DNA testing that can't distinguish within a region. So if you are an Asian they can't tell if you are Chinese or Japanese. If you are black, yep you are from Africa (but don't ask which country). Save your money and stay away.

leec86
9/14/17

I have an unlisted landline, different address on driver's license, so where and how are they obtaining their information? Posing illegally as a bill collector and going through the post office or utility companies perhaps? I will not stop until they are shut down and sued. Tap their paychecks for the rest of their life or put them in prison with the death penalty. they are the lowest form of scum our society has to offer.

denisep69
8/11/17

Information is incorrect. Relatives with the wrong middle initial or birth.DAY. Numerous people listed as relatives that certainly are not. What a crappy scam website to make a few bucks by placing people in danger from identity theft, stalkers and worse. Their opt out is another scam that does not work. The Attorneys General at state and federal level should put an end to this crap. Wonder if they have any money for an attorney to get? I'll bet not.

melindac19
2/1/17

I accidentally went on the site and paid money. My information was somewhat correct. After I contacted them to take me off the monthly automatic debit from my account, suddenly another address showed up with two arrests. Not only have I never lived or even visited that state, I have never been arrested anywhere. There is no way to opt out (there used to be) nor correct errors. Stay away from this site!

chandp2
1/19/17

I can't wait for class action suite to shutdown this website!! A**holes provide all my details to public except SSN! Already I get N number of (scammer) calls from Tax due, insurance etc.. I am very much worried about this level of information out for public. Any lawyer here!!!

tessas5
1/17/17

Going to be speaking to a lawyer tomorrow about this........this is extremely unethical and being unsafe.

xx64
4/11/16

I AM GOING TO BRING A LAWSUIT AGAINST THESE M-F'S FOR POSTING MY ADDRESS AND AGE, ETC THEY HAVE INVADED MY PRIVACY AND WHAT THEY DID IS CRIMINAL AS IT INFRINGES ON THE SAFETY AND SECURITY OF U.S. CITIZENS

bb118
2/18/16

Fairly accurate. Has actually provided me with information that I needed regarding my Identity from a former family member that had someone living at their address using my name. They gave me the address.

angryc29
1/29/16

This site is unethical and had to been created by identity theft thieves... They posted some correct and incorrect data about My family and myself...shut this horrible site down!!!??asap..I never signed up for this site...they things you find when you Google yourself#pissed off

tomt58
7/23/15

Contact email to tell them (familytreenow.com) to shut this site down! Incorrect and very private data being shared without permission! Found this info using whoisproxy.
Contact: 47EA8EC3633E300CABC5AC52BE0165826C2394AB87BC424AD7AB08ACB3D2F76B@familytreenow.com.whoisproxy.org

lindaj45
5/30/15

I ran across them too. My only suggestion on getting them out of the Internet is to complain to Google and other Search Engines
This is their Registar
egistrar: Google Inc.
Registrar IANA ID: 895
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: registrar-abuse[at]google.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.877-237-6466

There is a problem in that the website is located in New Zealand. So they are a bit removed from any complaints not originating in the USA. I would suggest complaining to Google and other Search Engines to that their information will be removed from the searches.

whitek
5/12/15

This site will post personal information without consent.
Just hope someone can help to shut them down.

ravenm2
4/18/15

FAMILYTREENOW.com is a scam genealogy website.They will take your information and publicly post it without your consent to the internet and sell it to anyone even other identity thieves and you won't ever see a dime.

As long as these thieves can make money off you, they will continue to do so. In my case, my stalkers (sister & brother team - Amy Lynette N. and Michael Alan D.) shared my personal information WITHOUT my consent on this genealogy website as a tool to harass, stalk and seek revenge. How do I know it is them? The tracks they have left behind and keep leaving behind. It's been over 2 years now. SMH

Regardless, this website should be held accountable and not allow psychotic nut jobs to add someone else personal and private records without their consent. Genealogy websites claim they get your information from other public databases which is not all true, (pay attention to the wording in their terms and privacy policy...what a joke!)

Anyone can add your personal information in several ways. One way is by downloading a special type of software to build a family tree, add all your personal data to that family tree then share it with these identity thieving websites which they will end up selling it to anyone. Another way is by going to these genealogy websites and starting up a family tree simply by adding your name and your personal data and anyone else data they want to include, even if it's inaccurate. How do I know all this? Again, the tracks both stalkers keep leaving behind.

If you request to have your personal data removed, like I have, they should honor it and remove it, but they won't. If they refuse to remove your personal info, you should file a complaint with your state attorney general, Federal Trade Commission, FBI, law enforcement and Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3.) The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C).I've already filed complaints and reports against these websites and my stalkers.

Email Contact of FamilyTreeNow.com: 47EA8EC3633E300CABC5AC52BE0165826C2394AB87BC424AD7AB08ACB3D2F76B@familytreenow.com or 47EA8EC3633E300CABC5AC52BE0165826C2394AB87BC424AD7AB08ACB3D2F76B@familytreenow.com.whoisproxy.org

By Tom T.

A pure scam! No information is free, but they will take yours and sell it to others.

By JON L.
Questions? Get answers from the FamilyTreeNow staff and other customers.

FamilyTreeNow?