FamilySearch.org reviews

Tel: +1-801-240-1187

6 reviews with 5 stars

billm483
1/10/19

The very best genealogy site, hands down. FamilySearch is the one that the others cite as a source. If you're serious about genealogy this is a must. Best of all - IT'S FREE.

kristinap50
9/13/18

I have a lot of genealogy records researched by my grandmother and mother. Thousands of names and families -- all entered into FamilySearch over time. I find FS to be very user-friendly, though not perfect. Perfect doesn't exist. It's definitely the best free service in my opinion, particularly for free access to indexed records of births, marriages, deaths, etc. Users need to know that others have access to the site, just as you do, and may make changes. I suggest the following: 1. Keep personal copies of everything you have on your ancestors as you may need to go back and correct things down the road. 2. Document the source of your information when you add to an ancestors record on FS. Others are less likely to make changes to well-documented data. 3. Make sure the data you enter is as accurate as it can be. Don't guess or make assumptions -- you might be wrong and mislead others. 4. Use the communication tools to interact with others on site when there are issues. I have used these tips to help me as I have entered, edited, and corrected data on my ancestors. It's a great place for me!

rennied
7/4/16

Thanks Rennie for participating in the Worldwide Indexing Event! Because of you, more records are searchable, helping people to discover and connect with their ancestors. Over 116,475 people indexed over 10 million records.

Awesome effort. My 150 records made a difference. I've now done about 340.

michaels349
12/7/15

Family Search is the genealogy research window for the Church of Latter Day Saints (LDS). This organization has been working extensively on genealogy research and digitizing and indexing such data stores. The site allows search with multiple edits without even requiring an account. If you do create an account this allows you to save records for easy retrieval. There is no fee. Many of the record retrievals link to digitized actual documents. In some cases the result will only give a summary because the actual record is housed at another site which requires an account. This is not often a big issue.

I keep my actual family tree records on MyHeritage but I use Familysearch for the majority of my record research. This is a tool every genealogist should have readily available.

lillyg3
9/14/15

I love Family Search and have found so many things on it. The staff are always incredibly sweet and really try to help. It's amazing that it is a free resource to us all and I will always be graretful that it exists.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I am not sure WHO has done it but it happens to me all the time.

By Barbara H.

Questions? Get answers from the FamilySearch.org staff and other customers.

FamilySearch.org?