This website seems to be closed. Find similar businesses

Expedia.co.uk

Expedia.co.uk has a consumer rating of 2.42 stars from 3 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases.

How would you rate Expedia.co.uk?

“TEMPLE BAR Luxury Apartments - DUBLIN. They are CROOKS!. Avoid this place!”

Sebastian A.
5/23/20

They have stolen me $575. Yes, that simple. I made a reservation before COVID-19 and once I got all my flights cancelled they never answered my calls, messages, and attempts to contact them through HOMEAWAY. Service from "STAY"AWAY was awful, they never tried to help me. They argued that "the owner was no answering them". How can you use that argument with your customer?! So, avoid TEMPLE BAR at DUBLIN. They are COOKS! And HOMEAWAY too! Use Airbnb, instead.

“Challenge: find anything worse than this!”

fp P.
8/23/19

A complete disaster from start to finish: the room was not available on the day of arrival, the support desk asked me to pay for the next place, could not inform me about the address of an alternative place, etc. My complaint was not replied to, and when chasing it appears that the complaint was archived and not even acted upon. Another review site gives the percentage of 'one star' as 61%. This seems to me that Expedia.co.uk is not up to the job, and should be prevented to deceive more customers.

sebastiana42
May 23rd, 2020
So, avoid TEMPLE BAR at DUBLIN. They are COOKS!
And HOMEAWAY too!
Use Airbnb, instead.
fpp
August 23rd, 2019

susheeln
April 22nd, 2019
I recently booked a flight with Expedia.co.uk and they are not transparent with the charges during the booking.
Expedia UK provides you a price in GBP and when you actually book a flight you end up paying in GBP. I recently booked a flight for £783.51 and at no point it was mentioned that the airline I chose was charging in Euros and that the GBP price quoted is an estimate. I used my credit card to pay £783.51 and when my credit card statement arrived I was shocked to see that the amount paid was in Euro. And I was charged 913.72 plus non-sterling transaction fee of £21.55. Firstly, I lost out on the exchange rate as the credit card companies never offer good exchange rates - the exchange rate applied was 1.1662 when it was 1.1862 on that day.
If I was to pay 913.72@ the correct exchange rate of 1.1862 I would have paid only £770.29. I therefore lost out £13.22 straight away on the exchange rate! Added to that a non-sterling transaction fee of £21.55. My total loss was £34.77.
When I contacted Expedia they pointed me to a clause 3.1 in their huge list of Terms and Conditions (which apparently I accepted) and said that they are not liable for these fees and that the price in GBP was an estimate. This is ridiculous as they were never transparent about the charges. I feel cheated! Their terms and conditions are on https://www.expedia.co.uk/p/support/general-booking-conditions.

I also booked my accommodation through Airbnb and they quoted me a price in GBP for a Euro destination and that is what I paid. The conversion etc was already applied by Airbnb and I knew exactly what I was paying for my accommodation - there were no conversion or any non-sterling transaction fees whatsoever. This is what I mean by transparency.

Expedia are a bunch of cheats. They are never transparent about their prices.

Expedía. Co. Uk refused to help us. They have NO CUSTOMER SERVICE, at all. Use Airbnb, they did resolve our issue immediately.

By Sebastian A.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Expedia.co.uk staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Expedia.co.uk?

Have a question about Expedia.co.uk?