Review of EMaxModel

EMaxModel reviews

1 Review From Our Community

artw19
2/19/16

I have made two order for 30a ESCS First 4 arrived. I had a problem - I eventually had to buy a ESC programming card and found one was on totally different settings than the other three. So either quality control is none existent or its been used - repacked and sent out again.I discovered the programming card from a forum member who had the same problem - which was just as well because Emax took a long time to reply to their support ticket system.
( this is still a problem! 25/08/2016)

UPDATE:
I wrote this a while ago after I was new into the sport of quadcopter flying/building.
I expected the major store to be better than eBay re sellers or shifting sub standard products and rejects.
Emax did send out a replacement - although typically anything from China takes a long time to ship out.
In conclusion, they sell good products and like most in China - unless you pay for DHL - your order or replacements will take time to arrive.
I have upgraded my review on the quality of items and accept shipping is equal to the amount I wish to pay and in my control not Emax.

Second order for the same 30A ESCs. Again a problem with the quad flipping over on take off. I checked the settings.. OK.. still a problem. Then I found this one ESC was getting over warm when the other three were cool.It had not taken off and flown - so it should not be showing any signs of heat!
Reply to yet another support ticket and after yet another delay in days for that reply - I am asked to submit a video! I ask how I can video heat in an ESC?? I say I can show a video where the quad flips - but having smashed a $30 flight controller - I don't want to destroy another! So Sean Cosby from Admin said he would send a replacement and ask " your sales manager to contact ".

I waited another week - finally I get a notice to check my ticket. It was wrong - Sales manager Echo - had replied to the closed FIRST ticket and suggested I send the defective item back to them for checking!
Echo obviously did not read that I solved this issue myself and closed that ticket!!

Why am I doing this review??

Emax products are basically very good - which is why I pay extra and go direct rather than buy off eBay or the usual lineup of drop shipping online stores in China-Hong Kong - Singapore - Malaysia and Philippines!

BUT if they make the effort to create good products - they should also have a GOOD back up - product support system and Emax just do not.

It took a full month from order to delivery - same slow "free shipping" taking over 21 days - but Emax make a separate charge usually about $8 - $10 and also make a charge for using PayPal!
Second order - same slow delivery at same cost and seemingly - same problem with some item not being 100% as they should be.

Emax do not care ( it seems ) that people buy because they want and need items and are prepared to wait delivery... NOT dealing with support requests and having poor internal communication - which in my case resulted in another delay because the "sales manager" is not even on the right complaint!

So two orders placed - two problems - two long delays - all create a bad feeling and do not reflect the quality of their products - its like making a great automobile - and fitting square wheels!
I need more 30A ESCs - but I will not buy from Emax direct.

Ticket #LAJ-02618 - #160117-0025
Please send the FOC replacement and NOT wait for my third order to include it with.
Too much trouble dealing with another order and an expected problem.

Questions? Get answers from the EMaxModel staff and other customers.

EMaxModel?