Educational Credential Evaluators

Educational Credential Evaluators

www.ece.org

Educational Credential Evaluators has a consumer rating of 2.33 stars from 12 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Educational Credential Evaluators also ranks 311th among Education Other sites. The most common issues with Educational Credential Evaluators are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

How would you rate Educational Credential Evaluators?

“Excellent”

Joyatee C.
2/18/19

I have done the course by course evaluation(for Indian document) from ECE,they did everything in exactly 7 days and documents reached to me in 3 days ,so total time taken is 10days,and by the evaluation I get ,I am completely satisfied with that,I will high recommend ECE,I get complete satisfaction in all respect.

“ECE doesn't have a fair equivalence system in...”

Lego S.
10/3/19

ECE doesn't have a fair equivalence system in place. They have their own internal rating system that isn't based on the ISCED/International regulations. My five years of university are defined as a level 7 from ISCED classification (Master level). ECE equivalence was reporting an Associate degree only. I was shocked! After sending them all the proof and official documentations they didn't want to correct their equivalence report. I asked and received a full refund. Save your energy and look for another provider!

legos3
October 3rd, 2019
abela20
August 19th, 2019
Don't never send to them your degrees for evaluation. My experience with them was horrible. I sent my degrees for evaluation ( BA and MA). My University from West Africa confirmed all the degrees, but I don't know why they refused to authenticate them. My University finally told to use WES and everything went great.
billiem39
Billie M. – Educational Credential Evaluators Rep
Dear Abel, thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize that you were disappointed with the report ECE prepared. If there are concerns about a completed report, we are committed to a thorough and complete review. If you wish to discuss the evaluation further, we invite you to please contact our Customer Service Department at your convenience. Once again, we are sorry for your disappointment and thank you for the honest feedback.
joyateec
February 18th, 2019
pedrom45
March 10th, 2017
The mail courrier says that my documents arrived at ECE a month ago and they did not do anything up to now. I have no idea what is happening, as they also do not answer the messages I send through their website. And I have paid in advance, as they require. I missed many deadlines because of this delay. I would NEVER use their services again. They are just not reliable.
kiranjotk
April 3rd, 2017
I just received my credential evaluated. My high school and my MBBS in India. They evaluated very well. Gave my MBBS degree as equal professional feild as well as bachelor. It took them 3 weeks to complete all the process after I sent my originals. After three weeks they sent my originals and my evaluation report as well. I was scared at first after reading bad reviews but then I had no choice and sent out. The results are satisfying to me
kc115
April 3rd, 2016
Try WES if you need more accurate translation especially if your school followed the British system. WES considers the differences in education systems such that if you went to a system where 65% is a "B+", your 65% will be deemed an "A-" in the US multiple choice system. WES will translate your, say, B+ of 65% to mean an A- in the US (Multiple choice system). ECE just assigns GPA to whatever you get without factoring in the differences in the education systems. In short, expect a GPA of 3.0 or lower from ECE even if you had First Class Honors from your Brits system.
johns331
October 17th, 2012
Service requested: general evaluation

My goal: equivalence/validation of my PhD degree diploma obtained at a Institute of the Universidade de São Paulo, Brazil

Cost: US$ 165 for a 5-day rush evaluation

Documents provided: only scanned copies of my high-school, undergrad and PhD diplomas and transcripts. I translated all documents word-by-word. I didn't submit my undergrad transcript because I didn't have it.

Time it took to receive the evaluation: in 5 business days I received the report by mail (in the US)

Problems: none

Satisfaction: high

Communication with ECE: they usually replied my emails in the next day. Communication was generally satisfactory.

This was my experience with ECE. If you're in a similar situation that I am (PhD diploma from a well-known Brazilian institution, you have most of your documents and are in need of a quick service), ECE might work for you.

They did not request documents to be sent from the institutions I attended, which was great because I was in a hurry to receive the evaluation.
yerbas
April 1st, 2015
This business is one of those who just want your money and whose staff are incompetent to do a simple job. I ordered a credit evaluation of my academic documents from the school I graduated from in an Asian nation. I also paid additional money of $80.00 for their service of 5-day rush processing. As humans, I made a mistake of overlooking the additional requirements I need to submit. Not knowing this because of my fault overlooking this, I called their office after 2 weeks wondering what happened to the 5 day rush that I paid for. Then they told me that I lack one more document so they can complete their evaluation. They said they informed me of this by sending me an email. I never received an email . I even looked at my spam folder and searched for it. I only received one email from them that confirms my order and that my documents arrive at their office and that the money I paid through check was cleared. That's it. But they never emailed me for the request of the additional document I lack. They insisted that they emailed it to me. I was taken aghast because they made it seemed it was my fault that I did not receive my email. I told them that all they need is to follow up the email or call me or text me because this is urgent and of time-constraint which I paid for. I was expecting that if I commit a slight or overlook something, they should have just emailed me again to remind me because I ordered "speed process" ...it's their responsibility also to take effort to make process it speedily by requesting me through constant communication with me. They did not bother to email me or if they did once, they did not email again . Because if they really want to satisfy their customers to give their money;s worth, then I demand that they do their jobs by also "expediting" the process by constant communication. But they never did....they just sit on their ass all day while waiting for a response to an email they never sent .This is a business that just sucks your money. I can't believe a simple process of crediting, can be so tedious on them.
olenan1
November 19th, 2015
I have been working with evaluating for a while and I can say that ECE is the greatest company ever!!! They are so helpful! They make the customer experience individual and always resolved all my issues. I recommend them to everybody! I was requesting several copies and always got them on time. My evaluations were done within 2 weeks without any problems. ECE continuously working on improving its service and there is not a single complaint I can make. I had a lot of trouble with schools to receive the copies, so ECE was even sending a contact information to them! What is more, once ECE returned my money for the report as they informed me about the online service! That was amazing! Thank you ECE for being there for us! I appreciate all the work you do and your customer service is excellent!
olyas
May 7th, 2017
Terrible service. Called a week before submitting my application to make sure I won't need anything else besides the paperwork listed on the website...since I my Diploma is from a different country, I wanted to make sure I got everything. Their customer service representative ASSURED me I had everything and all I had to do was to click "submit". Only after 3-4 days I got an email saying "not enough documents...pls request additional paperwork from the country you got your Diploma". It was pretty much impossible to get that (and they new that) since we are in a different time zone and I have graduated 6 years ago. I called and asked for my money back...Long story short, RUDE, IRRESPONSIBLE and LIERS!...I've lost $70 because their own representative told me my paperwork was good to go. Don't deal with them...there are other better evaluation companies out there!!!
jennyo36
November 5th, 2019
Four of my friends and I used ECE to evaluate our degrees in order to study in the US. Three of us had Bachelor degrees from Europe that were three years in length with all the same GPA's. One evaluation came back as equivalent to a US Bachelor degree and the other two were stated as being "three years of undergraduate study", with the evaluators saying that our degrees were not considered a Bachelor degree in the US because of the length of study. This meant that one of us got accepted to the course and two of us were denied entry to our courses, even though all of us had the same degree. This company is not consistent and does not use correct guidelines. They take an overwhelmingly long time to reply and they are impossible to deal with. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!
vinodb7
December 17th, 2019
I won't recommend ECE for getting your evaluation done. The evaluators are not at all knowledgable. They can't even differentiate between original and photocopied transcripts. Even though, I have sent my original transcripts and original statement of marks (includes the hologram and stamp from university), they had said those are photocopies and wouldn't go further. After multiple attempts to reach them and explain about the documents, I have sent, They did not respond and wasted more than a month keeping my documents with them. When I finally realized they are not working or unfit, I have asked to send back my originals along with refund. They have even delayed this and wouldn't pay back 50$ for processing fee. I have no clue if the evaluators are even trained for. Kept harassing to send more docs even though I have sent every original that I have. Complete waste of time and money. Seriously, there are better services out there.

Use WES if you need more accurate GPA equivalent (which is always higher than ECE's)

By k c.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Educational Credential Evaluators staff and other customers.

Leading experts in #IntlEd providing foreign credential evaluations. Resources for #Internationalstudents, #HigherEd institutes and professional organizations.

billiem39
Billie M.
Customer service

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Educational Credential Evaluators?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

2.3
Have a question about Educational Credential Evaluators?