Review of DrudgeReport

Reston, VA 20190, US
drudge@drudgereport.com

alexf153
8/15/18

In our politically correct USA its impossible to find something decent and independent--its all about money and power. As a reader I value info that help me survive instead Drudge feeds me news from Ivory Tower like recent PrimaRosa or special counsel--do I care?--no. Or, trying to connect me to socialistic/communistic junk where in addition to paying I have to be brainwashed.

nots22
8/2/18

I have visited drudgereport for several months now and seems to me has lost the plot. Adds gallore and refreshes constanly. Boycott Drudgereport!

godg3
7/19/18

There seems to be a trend and it's easy to spot. Drudge used to be good until Clinton's wanted to shut them down and it seems like somebody did, and they are under new ownership posting the most obvious fake stories.

stevep285
5/16/18

I would love to be able to read news without non stop pop ups, ridiculous add and videos and the non stop of random closing of the app. Horrible app and news articles are ridiculous also.

jamiek68
3/21/18

Drudge aggregates lots of other sites and gives you a snapshot of what is important and happening all over thew world. I read the negative reviews and they eem to be politically inspired, which has nothing to do with the site ! Highly recommend.

lisep1
12/24/17

I wish this site was less ALT-RIGHT in their preference for articles. It's soooooo glaringly obvious. I go to see what general main things are happening and then there's general interest stuff. Sprinkled in there are promotions of FOX News and ALT-RIGHT stuff that makes it very obvious what they are truly selling.

markp226
12/24/17

Stop listing articles that can't be accessed without a paid subscription like the numerous NY Times articles you list on top of aggravating pop up ads

tomh258
10/30/17

I've been a Drudge viewer for many years. I'm to the point of finding another source of news due to his continued links to paid websites. I can almost guarantee with 99% certainty that The Washington Post, Bloomberg, etc... are all paying Drudge to link to their stories.

mikek133
7/30/17

Its extremely annoying with all the pop ups and news articles wanting you to sign up/on to their news organization before you can read the article. Been with Drudge many years but now looking into another site to get the news.

edwardr48
5/29/17

I visit DrudgeReport every day, multiple times to check for the latest in world news. The site loads quickly and just works. It is well balanced as it seems to link everywhere.
I am knocking 1/2 star off for linking to the New York Times and 1/2 star off for not having a mobile device friendly site.

donnd1
9/4/16

All the majors have the same view of the world. Drudge does not

leso3
3/3/16

These flashing ads are too much, to distracting. Do you really need the revenue that bad. Please..get rid of them. Thk!

sandd1
SandDab D.
2/15/16

Drudge creates a story with headlines. IMHO, the website is there to create a sense of Doom for us regular people - to prepare our minds to accept violence and WWIII. Drudge, why not come and tell everyone what's going on in the world for real? I know the truth behind the secrecy, so does he. He needs to expose the controllers and since he won't, he's likely one of them. Unfortunately, Drudge, with all its doom, is still the best aggregate news site and gets 4 stupid stars.

michaelv49
12/17/15

A news aggregator with a center/right slant. If your world view is right of center you will enjoy picking through the articles. Left of center, not so much.

The layout of the site - above the "fold" banners followed by three columns below - has not changed for 20 years and doesn't need to. Most articles are from major news sources left and right, and many times odd bits of news find their way onto the page. Hot topics are highlighted in red.

For the most part, the DrudgeReport.com does not provide it's own news. The site does have a center/right bias which often annoys people who disagree with that position, but then this site was never meant for them. I use it to get a quick read on what's happening, then come back later to dive into the articles I find interesting.

brianj61
12/8/15

The plain vanilla easy to sort headlines were always a welcome sight. Usually there was quality leading edge information. Lately (2015) the streaming has consumed an excessively large amount of the download time, it is hard to review the entire page without a time consuming refresh (~2 minutes to scan all headlines). Most significant downgrade for me is the increased puerile fascination with pop culture same sex and drugs. So I am downgrading Drudge from 'cool' to 'MEH'

alanv7
10/23/15

I have floated away from Drudge. But I thank him for all he did and for his contributions to others sites. I have no issues with him. It's more of a case that I frequent certain sites and places he ignores and I mainly use links on Free Republic.
Six sites, for example, that he skips and never links to are:
Freedom Outpost
Western Journalism
Clash Daily
World Net Daily
The Daily Sheeple
The Gateway Pundit
He also skips a very good mainstream link I use from England:
Sky News. He uses The Daily Mail or The Telegraph more.
His promotion of Infowars is not to my liking as well. I prefer:
Agenda 21 Radio's website
Zero Hedge
Right Scoop
The Blaze
Patriot Post
Matt Drudge uses a lot more mainstream links than Doug Ross.
Drudge's site also uses CNN more than Fox News. I like Fox Nation and he rarely uses links that Fox Nation links to like The Washington Examiner or New York Daily News.
I hate to say it but Drudge is both too mainstream and also too much of a fan of Alex Jones.
Cyber 1 News and Lucianne are better alternatives.
He also never uses Global Post, Newsmax World and Times of Israel as links.
Today instead of Accuweather he could have used Mexico News Daily for the Mexican Hurricane link.
I basically go to these sites first to read news:
1. Bad Blue - For the Conservative News
2. Newsmax - For more Conservative News
3. USA Today/ Yahoo News - For non political news to set me on my way. A catch all.
4. Freedom Outpost/ D.C. Clothesline/ Down Trend - My favorite sites
5. Free Republic - Too see what is being talked about and more news.
6. The Blaze/ World Net Daily/ Washington Times - For more news
7. Sky News/ BBC News/ Newsmax World/ Global Post for international news.
8. Breitbart/ Right Scoop/ Conservative Tree House -- for their reporting.
9. Live Science for science news. I ignore anything dealing with climate.
10. Cyber 1 News
He is basically not conservative enough but also likes Alex Jones which I never understood. Drudge Report is not a primary source for me. A secondary source just to see what he is up to. If he left I wouldn't shed a tear.

joek61
9/1/15

TURN OFF THE AUTO REFRESH.

rossw24
6/22/15

The DR used to load quickly and the repeated refreshes were only a slight nuisance. Today it takes 70 seconds to load and by the time you get half way through scanning the news it refreshes on you and you wait for another 70 seconds. I have tried to turn of meta refresh in my browser but it has no effect. This is driving me crazy as my home page is the DR and I try to look at it through the day. This is the only website where I have these problems.

jamesb189
1/13/15

This news aggregation blog is must read. This site which ISN'T biased towards right-wing sites (if I remember right, their most linked site was Yahoo! News, which isn't right-wing at all) gives you what is the most important news of the day. My only complaint about the site is that they use a lot of mainstream news sources but few alternative news sources.

liberump
1/12/15

Drudge is great, though I wish it was kept up during the weekend. It is simply put together, which some people find annoying. These are usually the people who are more into "flash" than substance (much the reason we have the government we have over the last 20 years or so). Drudge's point is to have a central location for people to venture for news, whether that is the "Flashy" type of news or meaningful news isn't relevant.

michaeld86
3/17/14

Matt Drudge has developed an easily accessible user friendly way to get news. People are now clamoring to create news aggregates like Facebook Paper and Flipboard but none as easily as Drudge Report. My only criticism would be stop linking to financial times. It requires a subscription and is annoying.

brendand12
1/22/14

I used to visit Drudge daily, but now they force audible video advertisements on the visitor on many many articles. Nothing like being assaulted by advertisements to drive me away from a site. I'll never go back now.

beckyt6
12/18/13

conservative but well done

jesser2
10/30/13

The site itself is relatively innocuous. A poorly-designed news aggregation site with an extremely right-wing bias.

But what is really annoying about it is Drudge's hordes of followers that will infiltrate the comments section of any news article that Drudge links them to.

Any time your crazy right-wing uncle sends you another annoying link... check Drudge report. I'll bet you $50 he got it from Drudge.

pokob
10/20/12

Excellent source of news links and breaking headlines!

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the DrudgeReport staff and other customers.

1 Photo for DrudgeReport