Cumbrian Cottages

Cumbrian Cottages has a consumer rating of 1 stars from 2 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases.

How would you rate Cumbrian Cottages?

“NO DEPOSITS RETURNED !!”

val w.
3/31/20

We had a cottage in Cumbria booked from 1st june for a week,paid a deposit,but because of the corona virus obviously rung to cancel,Cumbria cottages will NOT refund my deposit,what a disgraceful company,we are following Cumbria police advice to not travel to Cumbria during the emergency !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

valw68
March 31st, 2020
carolynen
February 5th, 2009
Happy New Year at CALVERT COTTAGE and CUMBRIAN COTTAGES - Calvert Cottage this cottage was rated as 4 star by cumbrian cottages. I would not even give it 1 star it was dirty, smelly, beds were very uncomfortable, cold when we arrived and cobwebs everywhere and all the fixtures and fittings were old and tired. Horrid coloured bathroom suite. The wall paper was peeling off the walls in the living room and there was mould growing on the walls. This was some 4 star.
The Manager of the Windermere Office said that alhtough she had not seen this cottage she knew it was alright. How? I begged her to go out and take a look. She refused repeatedly.
Cumbrian Cottages now say they CALVERT COTTAGE has just been inspected and guess what it still has 4 stars. Is the Inspector a relation I wonder? Or is it simply that the cottage owners pay for the Inspection so they are not impartial? I have asked for the address of the owners so I can take this matter to the small claims court Cumbrian Cottages are refusing to give me this information. Once they have taken your money they have no interest in you. It is such a pity the Lake District is beautiful there are lovely cottages to rent but not throught this company I fear. They give everyone else in thsi business a bad name.

Questions? Get answers from the Cumbrian Cottages staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cumbrian Cottages?

Have a question about Cumbrian Cottages?