Review of CosplayHouse

Tel: 714-952-9313
customerservice@cosplayhouse.com

lingh4
12/13/18

Scammed me out of around $800 for a custom commission. My last received order was crap, took ages, felt shoddy, didn't fit, and customer service was non-existent.

It's down, but if it does come back, do not order from them.

dougj43
5/15/18

Please please do yourself a favour and don't order smth from them. I know they closed their business but if they ever reopen it or if you find any affiliated websites of them, don't order. Before I've ordered my cosplay i read reviews about them ofc and I wanted to believe that every cosplay website has some bad ones but they were in fact all true. After placing my order they said they could make it in 3 weeks. I never heard of them after 4 weeks and messaged them and after several days I EVENTUALLY got a reply saying that they need another 2 weeks. Once again I never heard of them and asked for information. They when told me they don't make this costume anymore??? And want to refund my money in 10 days.
Except, they haven't. E-mailed them back several times asking for the promised refund and after another month of them ignoring my mails they just didn't exist on any kind of platform anymore. Luckily I filed a Paypal dispute and they could get my money back.
Paypal literally saved me a whole lot of trouble after this disaster experience.

gabrielf17
2/3/18

My item never arrived and no amount of emails did anything to make them deliver the item, currently suing them but you know how international law works, it doesn't.

kurtism14
12/26/17

The actual items didnt take too long to come but they were ALL various wrong sizes and the quality was ok. when I contacted them for a replacement they responded and were helpful at first, but then they just stopped responding and I have never gotten the replacement.

linnb
11/27/17

Got scammed for 540 usd. Do not order from them unless you just want to get rid of your money. I never received my full costume and what i got was in poor quality made!!!

alyssah20
9/22/17

4 months ago I ordered some weapons and a cosplay. It took months for one of my items to arrive. It arrived broken. I emailed them various times asking for a refund and where my other items went. They insisted they refunded it but my bank statement tells another story. My other items never arrived. I spent $700 and I have nothing to show for it. They flat out ignore my emails...$#*!tiest service I've ever received. They scammed me big time

fabianl22
6/21/17

High quality delivered in no time and for low prices. I don't understand why so many ppl have problems with u guys. ._.

samanthaa36
5/18/17

I ordered a custom commission from this site about 3 months prior to the con I needed it for, and to be honest, I was worried if it was going to get to me in time. I called about a week before the con and the customer service person was very nice, and I was able to get my costume just 2 days later. The costume itself is beautiful and requires very few alterations! This is a good store to shop at as long as you order WELL in advance and you aren't afraid of phone calls!

leonar688
4/5/17

I would not recommend ordering from this website unless you have the patience and time to wait for a costume. I asked if they could deliver the costume by my delivery date and they said yes. Two weeks before I needed it, I emailed them because I hadn't received any shipping information. At this point they said they couldn't give me my costume or a refund. I felt cheated because they could have had the audacity to let me know they couldn't get it out to me, before two weeks from my delivery date.

After much $#*!ing, fighting PayPal, and $#*!ty reviews, they offered a refund if I remove my previous review. I won't lie about my experience because people deserve to know what they are getting into. If you are willing to be patient and have the time to wait MONTHS for your costume, then this might be the website for you. I wouldn't recommend following their "delivery date". Just assume it'll take months no matter what delivery date you put in that box that you need it by. Am i happier that I received a refund and better customer service? Yes. So for that, I'll rate them two stars now, instead of the zero before, but I won't order from them again.

Response from Sean Y., CosplayHouse Representative
Thank you for your feedback.

Because all of our costumes are tailor made for each order they can't be cancelled after 2 weeks because production on the costume has already started at that time. This is mentioned in our cancellation policy as well which states orders must be cancelled within 24 hours. Our usual processing time is 3-5 weeks including shipping time. This typically involves 3-4 weeks processing and creating the custom costume and a week or less of total shipping time. Because of this timing we can not give shipping information only 2 weeks after the order has been submitted.

Additionally, because we use fast shipping services like DHL Express and Fedex Express, we often do not know the tracking number until after the package is already on its way.
Your order was submitted on March 14th and your needed by date was April 8th. After two weeks you requested shipping information, but at the time the costume was still being created per our previously mentioned processing times. Our site mentions processing times and also clearly states that some items may take longer depending upon the custom order.

Each costume is a custom creation and can take varying times to complete. Unfortunately we sometimes receive requests that have a very short need by date, and part of the order cannot be completed in time. We make every effort to fulfill our orders in time for our customers but custom tailor made items take a variable amount of time and we sometimes have orders that are submitted too close to the date they are needed.

Thank you again for your feedback and we apologize for the inconvenience.
abip2
9/6/16

I brought a costume from this website and it was my first time buying from this site, I loved it! the fit was perfect and the colour was so flattering! will be ordering more in the future! :)

jordanf17
8/18/16

This came just before the deadline in which we were needing it for a convention, which we are really pleased at. The cape, main suit, and gloves all feel really nice and fit very well. We are very happy that the pouches on the belt, are actually functioning pouches that can store items inside, which we weren't expecting at all. The belt is a bit of a generic size, which we need to adjust, but the decorations on the front are very nicely crafted out of wood. All of the costume fits very well, and is comfortable to wear around, especially in a convention environment. The mask doesnt quite fit properly,, with the small cowl bit getting swept to the side when moving, but we are going to be adjusting that slightly so that it doesnt move around, but it looks great on, as do the boot covers. They are very comfortable, and made of a soft foam material, which feels great to wear. I cant wait to have this on for the conventions and to show everyone.

kieronw2
8/17/16

I ordered the cosplay on the 30th April 2016 and received the cosplay on the 22nd June 2016. Even though I asked for it to be a female version, it looks amazing and fits snug as. I love the entire fact that Cosplay House put a zip in that goes all the way to near the end of the top part of the red ranger cosplay and couldn't be happier with it.

I didn't expect it to come with blade blaster holster, but the cuffs, gloves and boot covers are amazing and the cuffs are not too tight, not too loose, but well enough snug so you can still move your wrist and hand around.

I would totally recommend this to anyone who wants to cosplay as MMPR Red Ranger/TyannoRenjaa Geki - Kyoryu Sentai JyuRenjaa!!!

matthewl50
8/17/16

For this being the cheapest alternative for buying a power ranger helmet this was a great place to buy from. I wear glasses and the helmet fits me perfectly and it's fairly easy to breathe out of. I just wish that the helmet itself would have a clean closed look to it. Otherwise you can't go wrong here.

halliew6
8/17/16

I comissioned a Loki costume from Cosplayhouse and it was absolutely wonderful. The costume was so well made and fit to the exact measurements I gave them. It also arrived very promptly in time for the convention I wore it to, and so many people loved my cosplay! The only downside i have is the helmet i ordered to go with it did not arrive in time but it wasn't too big of a deal since I made one in the place of it. They also gave me a partial refund for the helmets lateness. I was skeptical about this company after i had already purchased from them and read a lot of negative reviews. But they were a wonder to work with and i will definitely be purchasing from Cosplayhouse in the future. Thank you so much for the pleasant experience.

franw12
4/14/16

Lied about delivery date...more than once. Promised it was shipped. Found out the day before it was promised that it had shipped that day....from CHINA! My daughter missed her convention because the cosplay did not arrive until over one week after promised. Heartbroken kid and very angry Mom.

vm40
3/7/16

I only ordered 2 cosplays from this site.
First one was a full set of armor, it was really awesome. A bit big for my measurements but I eventually grew into it haha. Second one came in late and only had minor issues. Detail on the hood it has was off and the gave me the wrong belt. But they gave me a 10% refund which was ok I guess. Still was pissed. I even ordered 3 months in advance. While the armor which was more complicated took 2 months shipped and it got in on time.

It really a hit or miss with CH but that's everywhere. Plus shipping is expensive for being located in the US.

I might order again... But I get better results on eBay :/

liboriop
12/17/15

Do not use this company. This company stated that they would have my items ready for a party I was attending. I spent over 500 dollars on these items. When I inquired why I hadn't received them yet, they said they couldn't fulfill it in time. After having been told I would receive a complete refund, the company stated that they would issue the refund to me and cancel the order. A month later when I inquired into my refund, they stated that they had sent the items and never cancelled the order. Now they refuse to give me a refund. Absolutely terrible customer service.

deza1
11/4/15

So, I ordered a commission costume(Marvel's Doctor Strange) 7 weeks before Halloween, I emailed them a few times, because I didn't realize that they needed more time for costumes they haven't made before. They got back to me the very next day every time. The finished product got here just in time and looked GREAT!! I will definitely use them again

johnz43
10/28/15

They did not contact me in time about a few measurements on a pair of boots that I won't be receiving in time and they won't give me a refund. Don't purchase on this website, it's disgusting.

larad4
8/26/15

Props turn out broken and/or bended ,however the small problems with the props could be fixed with tape and hot glue. THE PAINT JOB IS STUPID . It looks like a child has done it . Lucky enough this can be covered up by spray paint . I wouldn't suggest this site for props but for wigs and costumes as their wigs and costumes are good quality .
There should of been fragile tape and a better way to ship the prop. I don't want to return it due to the high price to ship it back and the company doesn't give full refunds

micron
5/6/15

So I ordered a costume from CosplayHouse and not only was it extremely late it looked nothing like the picture. While i was waiting for it to arrive before a con I got a conformation email saying that they were starting it. Then 3 weeks past and i heard nothing. So I emailed their costumer service and they told me that they sent an email saying that they couldnt get it to me by my desired time. I was so annoyed that i asked them to cancle the order and they told me they couldnt because they already started to work on it.... so i waited 3 more MONTHS for them to finally send it and when i got it, it looked nothing like the picture it wasnt made of cotton, they made it out of spandex which looked awful. I then asked if i could return it because it was not what i ordered but they told me no i cant get a refund because in their return policy it says"Tailor-made items such as costumes, shoes, wigs and props may have slight differences in color, design, style and materials". So if you are into buying things that might not be what you want then go right ahead but if you like to know what you are buying then i suggest you go sonewhere else.

amandac47
12/11/14

Looking cute is my life :P! It's really easy for me to find cute Lolita coords, but it's really hard to find cute shoes that match all of my styles. I'm so glad to have found Cosplay House, they have a really large selection of Lolita shoes of all different styles and colors! It's really fun to look through all of them, I want them allllll. They can also be tailor-made, which is a huge plus, because brand Lolita shoes can be expensive, and it's good to know that these will fit you perfectly and are pretty affordable. Every shoe I bought from here is fantastic, will always come here to shop (:

sheilad4
10/22/14

Ordered a wig. At a turn around time of around 3 weeks, I received a generic email saying that my wig would take "a few more weeks". I needed it for Halloween, which was 5-6 weeks after I ordered.

The WORST customer service. EVER.
I filed a dispute, because I paid with Paypal.
This worked out because it got things moving.

They called the day after the wig was ready to tell me that they could ship it once I closed the dispute. There was NO WAY I was doing that (per recommendation of PayPal customer service, too). Woman said that I was "making this a bigger deal than it was". Well, my "bigger deal" got the wig here in time. They finally gave me the tracking number, after 2 phone calls and keeping the dispute open.

I HIGHLY recommend using PayPal, if you use this company! That way, all communication can be documented!

From reading the other reviews and my own experience...I do NOT recommend ordering around Halloween or less than 1.5 months away from a Con!

sandral29
9/15/14

The sword looked exactly as pictured, and it had really nice attention to detail. It's pretty heavy, but I guess that just makes this more true to Cloud's actual buster sword, Whenever I go to conventions as Cloud, I get a lot of my pictures taken. I think the sword really helped. 10/10 will buy from Cosplay House for props again.

martinezw
6/5/14

Visiting cosplayhouse.com was a welcoming change, as I was fortunate enough to explore a wide variety of Cosplay Shoes. I am relatively new to the idea of Cosplaying, and I am a huge fan of Batman, therefore I ordered Nightwing Boots for an upcoming Batman themed party! They were very comfortable and helped me achieve the desired look which I was aiming for!

Hello. if you are question about this product, https://www.cosplayhouse.com/marvel-movies-cosplay-ego-the-living-planet-cosplay-costumes-version-01-guardians-of-the-galaxy.html no we cannot delivery by nov 1st. we will delivery end of nov. thanks.

By Sean Y., CosplayHouse Representative

The length is around 60 inches with handle. if you want specific length, we can make sword by your request. these days, it takes 7-8 weeks processing time include shipping. thanks.

By Sean Y., CosplayHouse Representative

when is your due date? these days it takes 4-5 weeks processing time include shipping. if you want to order halloween, order as soon as possible. thanks.

By Sean Y., CosplayHouse Representative

when you order costume, you choose anonymous checkout instead register account. that means you can register and log in . but, you cannot see your order.. what's why you can not see order history. thanks.

By Sean Y., CosplayHouse Representative

sorry for delay response about your question. it depends on the product. can you give exact product URL ? then, i can give exact processing time. thanks.

By Sean Y., CosplayHouse Representative

Questions? Get answers from the CosplayHouse staff and other customers.

3 Photos for CosplayHouse