Review of ContractorExam

Albuquerque, NM 87114, USA
assist@examprepservices.com

jamiek56
4/6/17

Information is incorrect although it is supposed to be a study guide and the most ridiculous statement I have ever heard is that we the consumer who is purchasing a product to teach us are the ones who get blamed for the inaccuracies. "WE" are supposed to notify them when they are wrong-lol what is the purpose of purchasing study guide. I wish the ICC would put this site on a Fraud Watch to protect consumers. SAVE YOUR MONEY TOTAL SCAM

joej106
3/24/17

SCAM ALERT

this is fraud do not buy.................................... no contact information this is back east somewhere.....

jeffj56
11/14/16

I am a Professional Engineer and a licensed contractor in two other states. I thought I was ordering a state specific training and review test. This is not the case. The answers are often incorrect and the questions were not even part of the approved reference materials. I wished I would have checked the reviews before placing the order.

Response from Darren S., ContractorExam Representative
This comment is not a legitimate complaint. If it were, the customer would respond to our email so we could resolve his issues. We have tried on multiple occasions reach him. This is another case of a customer having a bad day and we were the easiest target at the time. Also, the owner of SiteJabber refuses to remove these comments even if the customer satisfied with the service they received after they wrote their comment. I'm some cases, they were fully refunded. SiteJabber leaves these comments FOREVER until you pay to have them removed. Shame on you SiteJabber!
joes603
9/13/16

I just paid $400 dollars for a business law study guide. The whole thing is filled with errors and I cannot get a hold of anyone on phone or email to voice my frustrations. These people are thieves

Response from Darren S., ContractorExam Representative
We have a form on our web site specifically for reporting errors in study questions located on our contact page. This customer did not bother to fill out the form. I just checked the incoming requests (1130 hrs MDT)... nothing from a Joe S. If you spend the time to READ the web site and follow our instructions, you will receive a prompt reply. Making all kinds of unsubstantiated accusations will not help your situation. If there is "no customer service", why am I taking the time to respond?
shannonm70
4/29/16

Garbage,stay away.
I didnt even want to give a 1 star review

Response from Darren S., ContractorExam Representative
Customer did not take the time to read the information on our web site. He thought he would be receive reference books. Not the case. Now we are in a dispute because he accepted the products and now wants a refund. We are not responsible for people that refuse to take the time to read product descriptions on our web site.
kims141
2/23/16

For the first questions you have nice and understandable reference information, later on it is a guess, there is no reference, there is no study material, when asked questions (by email only) they say you were supposed to read the website, still after many emails back and forth there is no answer.

This was expensive and useless, they haven o phone number, you have to send an email and wait for a response, the person replying don't even sign with his last name. Just tiring out with same script emails.

If known better, I would have gone to the other sites a lot earlier, this was a waste of time, money, and patience.

Response from Darren S., ContractorExam Representative
Some customers just don't want to take the time to read the product descriptions on our site. References are listed in EXAM BULLETINS and the person taking the exam is responsible for purchasing each and every recommended book or state statute. This is clearly stated on our web site. The is no mention of us providing any reference books. We do mention that we provide links to free and used copies of reference books. This customer was just confused and refused to read the information on the site.
kevinm81
6/10/14

I purchased this material for quite a bit of money for both the Business and Law exam and a specialty contractors exam. I spent over $900 only to find out that the answer key to the practice tests were very inaccurate. When I inquired about the mistakes on their website they said "it's easy to get the answer keys mixed up" and they provided no correct information. Even after several emails, no response with correct information.

For the price you would certainly expect to receive accurate information.

On their site the go on to indicate that people have failed the test when just memorizing the multiple choice and true false questions on their tutorials. Well yea, when the answers are wrong and you memorize them you're going to fail!

There are other sites that sell this same type of material. I wish I would have read more reviews a little closer!

georgeb9
9/21/11

Thats right this site is worthless. It's just a bunch of questions with answers that are not always correct. The references to IBC sections are mostly incorrect. Find help elsewhere. Don't waste your money.

stephanb
3/22/11

The study materials they are selling are a joke! This site is nothing short of a con. The "tutorial" was nothing more than a series of multiple choice questions and answers and were littered with irrelevant materials, typographical errors, and sited references that were of no use to the exam at hand. I spent almost $450 and recieved almost NOTHING of value. Avoid this site and find somewhere else to procure study material, these people are thieves.

Questions? Get answers from the ContractorExam staff and other customers.

ContractorExam?