CoffinCompany.co.uk reviews

Northumberland, NBL NE61 3UZ, UK
Tel: 01670 943143

garyf214
5/17/19

I would like to say a massive thank you to the Coffin Company, for excellent customer service. My mum passed away a few weeks ago, her favourite flower was a sun flower. I found the perfect urn with a sun flower on it. I purchased the urn last Saturday, I received a email from Dorothy Davenport to let me know when it will be delivered, I received the urn yesterday and it's beautiful. Thank you Dorothy, thank you Coffin Company.

josephinem41
1/15/19

How impressed I am with your service. I ordered a coffin and it was delivered to the mortuary the next day. The workmanship of it was beautiful. My mother would have been entirely satisfied. Thank you so much, it was another worry off my mind at such a sad time. I will recommend you to everyone I know.

adamd165
1/6/19

Coffin wasn't delivered when promised, and very poor quality. Struggled to speak to anyone to rectify this, non existant customer service

Would not use again

Response from Dorothy D., CoffinCompany.co.uk Representative
Dear Adam D,
Sorry to read your review. I have checked our orders and unfortunately, we do not have a record of your transaction or complaint. I would be grateful if you would kindly provide me with your order ID to enable me to personally assist you. Our products are always dispatched with a courier providing tracking information and we ensure our coffins are indeed manufactured to the highest standards. Our telephone number (01670 943143) is available 7 days a week from 09.00 am - 19.00 pm, therefore please do accept my apologies if for some reason our products or service did not meet your expectations.
With kind regards.
Dorothy Davenport
jamesa549
10/17/18

grampa enjoys the coffin been in it for two years now with no complaints and this tells me that the coffin is high quality and doing its job well also we buried grandpa alive hope this is helpful!

brendan180
5/13/16

Dear Mark, MAY 2016

I believe that when a person goes out of their way to be helpful, compassionate, caring, AND professional, especially at such a sad and devastating time when we lose someone we love so much, I feel that it is important, and right, to reciprocate and show appreciation for your sensitivity, and give you positive feedback to acknowledge that valued kindness.

Dear Reader, I am writing this review to help others, who, at a time of great distress and sadness, are faced with large costs for a coffin.

Some service providers take advantage of people in great distress, at such a sad time. I learned, however, that funeral directors cannot prevent you from buying your own coffin, if you find that their prices are much greater than you can find elsewhere. You need to let them know that you can buy a coffin cheaper somewhere else and agree with them for the coffin to be posted direct to them.

No-one persuaded me to use the Coffin Company services. The reason that I did, was as a result of the high costs of coffins from different funeral service providers confirmed during a discussion. Therefore, it was a case of comparing prices for products of a similar quality and design. I checked Coffincompany.co.uk. and spoke to Mark. He explained about the different options, and also told me to check the clearance section to see if there was a coffin there that we liked. There was a big difference in the price for a quality coffin, to what was being asked for a similar coffin elsewhere. Remember to check if there is a cost for delivery, if you choose a premium coffin in the clearance section that has a high discount, and check which coffins are free delivery. It was such a relief to be able to find a beautiful coffin, at a fair and affordable price, that enabled us to give our loved one the respect and dignity that was befitting for them. This prevented us getting into debt.

Some small family businesses, I do acknowledge, can provide a coffin for a similar price to that of the Coffin Company, and that is great! And I do prefer to support a family business and it is ideal if they can provide a coffin at the same price as Coffin Company.
It is great for the bereaved families, and, it is great for their own business, for they will get return customers, who are happy with their fair service, and their personalised family approach to the final honour given to the loved ones that we have lost. So their's is
a win, win, outcome. But for those bereaved individuals and families who find themselves being faced with astronomical charges, there is hope, and some relief.

Our family were relieved when we found Coffincompany.co.uk.
We were able to get a quality coffin, at a fair and affordable price. But more than that, we were treated as unique individuals, and treated with compassion, courtesy and respect yet in a professional manner. Mark is such a kind man. I was in a very distressed state when I telephoned him. He was really lovely, kind and helpful. There was no hard sell. Just helpfulness. So I would like others to know that it is possible to give your loved one the best you can, at a price you can afford, so that both you, and your loved ones - can rest in peace.

MARK
Please accept my gratitude and appreciation of your first class service. You were so kind, patient, very helpful, and dignified when I was upset and flustered owing to the difficult circumstances. You also responded to a constrained timescale with professional acumen which was first rate.

Best wishes.
Kind regards,

Brenda

lawrenceb41
4/29/16

I always speak as you find. The ordering was easy and polite. The coffin was good quality, fast delivery and really good value. What more can you get?
(Sorry for my grammar, I had a stroke)

natashaw13
11/20/15

I spoke with a gentleman called Mark.

When making the initial call to get an idea of when a casket could be delivered to Manchester, I was quite abrupt with him due to the unclearness of time frames.

However this was a genuine misunderstanding. I didn't realise that Mark was being vague because he couldn't give me a time frame without an order.

Once my order was placed the necessary checks were done and the casket arrived the next day.

Thank you so much for such a beautiful quality casket at speedy delivery.

sharona30
10/7/15

I WOULD LIKE TO START BY SAYING WITH MY EXPERIANCE ,THIS PERSON OF THE COMPANY IS FANTASIC,HE SPOKE WITH ME IN VERY GOOD MANOR,
I HAVE BOUGHT OF THIS COMPANY 2011 AND YET AGAIN IM BACK AGAIN,
HE HAS TIME AND PLEASURE AND CARE IN WHAT HE DOES,
TIME AND CARE IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME AND I HOPE IT IS TO YOUSELF'S,
THATS WHY IM BACK AGAIN,

THANK YOU MARK.

janets4
6/9/13

this company is leading people to believe that the bublic should not trust funeral directors and that he is selling his products cheaper than them and that he is cutting the cost up to £1000 of a funeral.i have to say im in the same biz and i know that this is totaly untrue.if you check there prices on every thing and then ring other family run funeral directors you will find out the trueth for yourselfs don't forget to ask about his coffin prices as you will find that family run funeral directors sell at the same price give or take a few coppers.he buys his coffins from the same supplier as most of them, apart from the ones he has imported from other countries that can be bought in for as little as £20,he wants to stop bad mouthing other people when hes doing nothing special.what a joke.if you ask other funeral directors about this company and the sister company 'go as you please' you will find he has no respect in the biz because of the way he has spoke about them.i run a coffin company but feel i nead to defend other funeral directors like himself because what he is saying is a disgrace and i can tell you this because i deal with family run companies myself.

Dear Libby Thank you for your email. Please do call our office tomorrow for assistance with your enquiry. With kind regards Dorothy Davenport The Coffin Company

By Dorothy D., CoffinCompany.co.uk Representative
Questions? Get answers from the CoffinCompany.co.uk staff and other customers.

CoffinCompany.co.uk?