Review of CodeCanyon.net

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
valeria19601@codecanyon.net

jankok
4/24/19

Here's my review after years of being on this place. Some of the code I bought did not work. I only received a refund for a few of those items. The rest? They say I was not eligible. Whatever that means. It's good to be the supreme judge isn't it? You don't have any possible objections.

Furthermore they delete honest reviews about other plugins/themes. I would have not believed that if it did not happen to me. I suspect that probably authors can bribe them into doing that. What happened is that I was very dissatisfied with a plugin's support. Sneakily these plugin introduced some measures that limit the plugins functionality. I've wrote about this matter on the product page and have given them a negative rating for that. To my surprise no one wrote about it before in the last weeks since this was happening. Or that's what I thought. Shortly after leaving the bad review for this user it was removed and I have received a threatening email that I should not post defamatory content or my account will get suspended. There was not ONE defamatory word posted in my review. I was NOT being offensive in even one sentence.

It immediately became clear to me that this must have been the reason for a full 5.00 star rating on all the authors plugins. I've not seen this before. You don't get to see a full 5.00 rating often, let alone on all the three plugins. Could it be that the plugins are really that good and no single user complained about anything at all? Not really possible in this day and age is it? Even if you have the best code/support (which of course is not the case here). It became clear to me then they are intentionally removing all the negative reviews from others as well! Either they are being paid for that by the authors or the authors themselves are connected to the company in some way.

At the end of their (ENVATO THEMSELVES) threatening email they also said that my account will be removed shall my "behaviour" continue. Effectively they did tell me that if I share a review once again they will remove me from their place. What a sellout.

marks1447
4/18/19

This company is allowing people to sell their products and keep collecting money to find out that they don't even email you for support. Even though Codecanyon knows about it, they are still letting the users selling their products. This is fraud and it should be investigated and shutdown this website.

niquea
4/2/19

I bought the product 2 days ago it say you'll be eligible for a refund if you contact them within15 days of purchase and if you haven't downloaded the product yet.. it's only been 2days and I didn't download the product yet and still was denied.. The way the policy is set up its set up to where no matter what your not getting a refund... Never will i purchase from this website again and I will let everybody else I know what i experienced... You always suppose to try and make your customers happy to stay in business this company don't care about they customers at all... Never ever will i purchase from them again!!!

anthonyd267
2/25/19

The plugin I bought is going really well (filetrip). Every time I had a technical issue, I got quick support and they fix my problem. I recommend buying from them for sure.

robertoc66
12/5/18

Plugin: Rich Snippets & Schema Markup Plugin for WordPress & WooCommerce

Woocommerce is named in the name of the plugin. But the plugin brakes product page rich snippets, which is the most important part for an ecommerce.

The developer asked access to solve the problem, and after that, he installed WP download, and downloaded my entire site, with private information. Most of all, still today, after more than I week, the developer insists there is no problem.

If I click from mobile on category pages, they now redirect to /shop/ page. Google tool for rich snippets gives the same redirection problem when I try to investigate a product page, it returns the /shop/ page.

CodeCanyon just opens a ticket, and gives one more week because they follow a "standard procedure", in the meantime the site is broken.

No phones to call. Nobody protecting customers.
Now who ever will pay to fix my problem?

kazia7
10/6/18

I usually don't write negative review about company but this needs to be said as I want others to be careful. I bought a apps from CodeCanyon, and after I paid thorough their online shopping cart, immediately they locked my account out.

I did not know why but tried to contact them, sent 5 messages after spent two hours how to figure out and read all of their blogs, and long script. No reply, no customer service, never heard back from them. I tried to find their contact phone, nothing.

Very awful and terrible company so don't purchase anything from this site, just my humble opinion.

alanb62
7/29/18

One can never contact CodeCanyon. They do not want to know you. App developers who actually help are scarce. Did have a couple who were genuine and solved the problems. Most of the others are less than interested in helping - only to take your money. I will not buy from them again. I currently have a credit of $6 but can't use it because their minimum is $20 - this is just stealing my money as far as I am concerned.
It's a pity the owners of CodeCanyon hide behind closed doors - what are they afraid of.
Also there are too many apps that are so old they will not work on current computers.
Take care with this lot. I am beginning to agree with others here that this site is sadly becoming one big scam.

leiff
7/5/18

Every App on codecanyon is a scam! Developers lie and say yeah we have the ios 11 xcode 9. you have to purchase first. then disappear. code canyon takes your money and does nothing...

You buy from any one of those foreign developers they are all out to scam you. Take your money and steal. IOS 12 support lie. Xcode 9 lie. They lie and take your money and codecanyon allows it. Do nopt ever buy from code canyon! Enveto is a scam. last time Ill ever get scammed from them because they are swarmed with crooks and allow it openly. Shouldnt be able to say one thing, confirm in on comments and then no truth whatsoever! Id give them less than 1 star if I could. Hate the site and all the devs.cheaters to scam you. Terrible.

davide317
2/9/18

3 of the last 4 plugins I purchased from them were either not as advertised, broken or in one case, took down my entire website. Requests are ignored and if you file a claim with PayPal they lock you out of the account including items you had previously purchased.

Tip for consumers: Not worth it. Stick with free Wordpress plugins. In most cases you can get the same features with better written code and fewer headaches. Even if the free version of a plugin works, the paid version often does not.

kayal7
6/7/17

Purchased 3 scripts from Codecanyon made by developer name DoughouzLight. Developer and Codecanyon are advertising native apps, in reality apps are not native. iTunes rejected app because it is not native but web app and also because it is not functional. We can't used all 3 apps because of bugs, developer keep saying he will fix issues but after 2 months no update. request refund from codecanyon and it was reject.We provided many screenshots and rejected letter from iTunes. But still denied refund. Read below.

Hey Kaya,

Thank you for your patience. We have completed an assessment of the item and have not been able to replicate the issue you described. Also, we have confirmed the item is of acceptable quality for the Marketplaces.

We have considered your specific request and on this occasion were not able to offer a refund or credit for this item.
Our recommendation is to consider these options to achieve your goals:

Contact the author of the item and seek specific help
Ask questions in the item comments section
Start a conversation in the forums to get some help from the Community
Consider another source of assistance. (i.e. studio.envato.com)
I appreciate your experience with this item hasnt been ideal. Were not disputing this. On this occasion we are just not able to offer a refund or credit.

Regards,
Thinesh P

L2 Help Officer

domainm
4/16/17

REASON 1: ( Any software Can be abandoned or eliminated by the author ). check how many software have been eliminated, so i lost my money: 1- Background Music Player //2- Sitemap Generator for Youtube Music Engine // 3- Musik Extended Module for Youtube Music Engine// 4-Youtube Music Engine // 5-Website Value Calculator Script // 6 - Owl Chat - Responsive Chat Community // 7-WPdonations: donations process for WordPress // 8-Sngine v1 - Social Network Platform // 9- Doo Commission Junction 2 - Affiliate Website // 10 - Movie Database 2 // 11 - Hezecom Email Solution - Hmail // 12-Live TV Stream Script // 13-Website Value Calculator // 14-SEO Studio - Tools for Search Engine Optimization // 15 -Facebook Tabs (add any website to a Facebook Page) // 16 - Friendly Social Network // 17 - BitValue - A complete site about Bitcoin // 18- Affiliate Portal //19- Youtube Video Uploader // 20- WP Secure - Hide The Fact And Speed Up Your Site // 21 - Layar Tancep: Youtube App for Android // 22-Ultimate Video SEO plugin // 22 - BOXIT - The Dropbox file upload for Wordpress // 23 -FbComb - Fresh viral Fb app // 24-Youtube Channel Video Grabber:Vidplanet CMS Plugin // 25-Music Database 2: Revolution // 26 -iTunes Charts //27-Movie Poster - Wordpress Plugin //27 -RobotBlogger - Amazon Publisher for WordPress //28-Form Generator - WordPress Form Builder // 29 - Performance Optimizer Plugin for Wordpress //30 -Authors WordPress Plugin // 31- Google Plus Author Information in Search Results //32-WP Business Directory // 33- Shortcode Domination - CSS3 Graphics for WordPress //34-Social Poster //35 - WP Editorial Assistant // 36 -Special Recent Posts PRO Edition // 37 - Post Validator /////// And codecanyon team dont care about this.

jamest51
10/3/16

Be super careful when purchasing product from envato/codecanyon since you will never get a refund. And if you found a product you just need to get, take time and read the author's open forum where clients are asking for updates to fix bugs or reporting bugs. If the author states they do not offer any answers or support in their forums, they are basically trying to hide their buggy scripts. Now that envato/codecanyon brought in 6 months maximum support, it seems that many envato/codecanyon authors are releasing updates that purposely have bugs so that you have to pay for extra support which costs nearly the same amount as your original purchase! For example, an author will have an update that can potentially damage your existing code/website and you will have to buy their support to fix their scam. Do your research!! Huge scamming going on by several envato/codecanyon authors. Buy at your own risk!!

There are ethical authors who do not scam you but they are getting more hard to find and why you need to thoroughly check their reviews AND their open forums before considering purchase. If author does not answer basic questions from their users, do not purchase from them, they are scammers.

smecsec
8/2/16

Codecanyon feed lot of freelance workers into a real time manner. Not only one time effort to any freelance workers. It's a great platforms for all (including start ups to big company ) depends on codecanyon for their growth. definitely codecanyon (envato site is trust worthy site for all ).
Cheers...

tahsinh
6/26/16

This review for a item on CodeCanyon. There are many stock notification system for woocommerce. But this plugin comes up with all features. You can send product updates by email, mobile & desktop push notification, instant SMS. You can send scheduled message on daily, weekly, monthly. It has 26 different messaging libraries integrated with. Everything is fully configurable. You can use your custom notification template in admin panel. You will notified for low stock product, back in stock product, product sale. You can enable disable each option. There detail report on stock both in tabular and graphical. You can export data. Hence, it has a combination of every option we need to increase our product sale. Here you will see the product: http://codecanyon.net/item/woocommerce-stock-notification-builder-sends-desktop-mobile-email-notifications/15688411

Tip for consumers: Please see the product here: http://codecanyon.net/item/woocommerce-stock-notification-builder-sends-desktop-mobile-email-notifications/15688411

daniels195
2/19/16

Hello not happy, seems to me like this site is a SCAM i have had issues with almost every item i brought and now they are even removing the items i brought from the site so now the items i brought that they have now removed do not work either.

Why would my purchase items stop working on my servers the min that codecanyon removes them from the market SCAM!!!

Now i buy a form builder for wordpress with support i paid for and get zero support so i comment in the plugin comments section and i get a reply "Please send this to our support tab" WTF I DID SEND IT TO YOUR $#*!ING SUPPORT did i get a reply HELL NO.

Seems like false advertising with scam products that 50/50 may or may not work but will support give you any support $#*! no just waste your time!!!

When you have wasted as much money on $#*! as i have and they dont even work or get removed and then dont work you would be as $#*!ing pissed off as i am DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SITE unless you dont mind wasting money and waiting upto 12months for a reply to any support questions.

Tip for consumers: Buy a coding dvd learn how to code php or wordpress yourself!!!

edgarsb1
1/22/16

BAD EXPERIENCE! I tot i will make a purches with them. First they have some weird vat rules for people from eu first time in my life i see such a bull S**t. And then they only use pay pall. Plz guys get it to gather.

#so_much_hustle

richardm125
9/16/15

OK. Look. Its a marketplace. They don't own what you are buying. But what they do is provide a mechanism for script writers to sell their stuff, and for people wanting them to buy them.

Has every script ive bought been perfect? Heck no. But Codecanyon.net handles issues with care and common sense, without some referring you to some "suck it up buttercup" fine print.

I always feel confident spending my money there knowing i will get value, support and should something go wrong, reasonable considerate customer service.

antoniol18
5/8/15

I purchased the Avada theme and its the best thing for wordpress developers. It is highly customizable and comes with loads of options.

Tip for consumers: Sleek design and highly customizable

sm589
6/5/14

Please do not purchase from Envato (Themeforest, Codecanyon, etc), there is better support with plugins where you buy directly from the (highly recommended) plugins website. Envato/Paypal creates a wall for sellers to hide behind. Do not use paypal to buy software, they do not cover it, you cannot make a claim on intangible items like you can with your bank, and your bank has more protection and is more on your side than paypal. Most banks insure you up to $100k so your money is safe.

About my experience, I recently purchased a plugin on envato, posted an issue on the plugins support forum, and received no response, no support at all. I even bumped my post in case the author did not see it and had the purchase code in my profile like the forum states. Then I left a comment to him on the plugins page on envato, yet no response to my support post.
After waiting 2 weeks, I asked envato for a refund. The plugin advertised support but I could not get in contact with the plugins support.

Mario, the support at envato responds,
"Remember: although we do encourage authors to provide free support (and most do to generate better sales for themselves and keep their customers happy), the reality is that authors are not required to provide support and it is their choice to do so. This is also true for item updates, as long as the item is working correctly."

Yet the plugin advertises the complete opposite and states nothing about not having support on the pluins page on envato where you purchase it. To me this is ilegal. I cannot get away with this with my business, why do they?

Then Mario asked me what the problem was with the plugin, even after I explained in detail that my issue was with no customer support and fraudulent advertising, 2 weeks later he tells me they couldnt duplicate the issue so they couldn't give a refund. Lol of course!

Also the comment I left on envato, about not receiving any support, was deleted by envato. That comment was 100% true, I never received any support, yet they delete it. They do not want negative comments because to hinders sales. Yet by deleting all the negative comments warning others, this falsely entices people to purchase crap, and you will get no refund for fraudulent advertisements.

DO NOT SUPPORT BAD BUSINESS!

DO NOT BUY FROM ENVATO!

DO NOT USE PAYPAL FOR PURCHASES!

marcb26
9/24/13

I bought a plugin that did not ever work. I wrote several comments and private messages and never get any answer. So I opened a ticket in Paypal but instead of having a answer, i immediately got my account closed on codecanyon which no access and no more question...
They do not refund just saying they disagree. Disagree with what? About malfunctionning? About no answering my questions? Avoid such a site.

andrewl33
9/23/13

I'm a amateur web developer and I discovered codecanyon.net which is also part of the same marketplace as themeforest.net, videohive.net, etc. They have all kinds of scripts and apps that one can download and use and I highly recommend it for anyone (especially if you're not quite ready, like me, for developing everything from scratch). The prices seem reasonable, I wouldn't really know because this is the first such site i've found. If anyone out there has other sites that they know of i'd appreciate hearing about them, but this codecanyon.net site really suited me well. The service I got was excellent and the site itself was easy to navigate for a first time visitor.

Questions? Get answers from the CodeCanyon.net staff and other customers.

4 Photos for CodeCanyon.net